Company Audit. This Week. Three Days. ARGGGHH!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OctoberTrees

The Fly
It's that time of year again. May - the flowers are in full bloom, storms build on the horizon, and the auditors are out like June Bugs. My boss has told me 58 million times that "I have nothing to worry about", but that's just it..........I'm a worrier. :( I got pegged last year for a email that was "too friendly" ....... I think I said something like "Kind regards", and that was badbadbad. I am so ready to crawl under the proverbial rock right now. I am so distraught over it, it makes me cry. I care deeply about my work, and it's paramount to me to maintain a level of high professionalism, but this is the time of year where faults are found, exposed, and picked apart till there's nothing left. *sigh*.

/rant

Thanks for listening,

Andrea *sniff*

Aww thank you for the hug! I keep telling myself that "What's done is done, I gave 120 percent - can't do much more". I guess I am a bit of a perfectionist, but I really care for my clients. *sigh*. Playing Unforgettable Fire right now.

"If the mountain should crumble.....or disappear into the sea....not a tear, no not I....."

Words never sung so true :)

Thanks again,

Andrea :heart:

do you work for an organization of mean people who consider 'kind regards' to be a salutation of poor taste?

We had our company audited last week (that's why i wasn't on inter) and it's annoying! I hated it...it was my first experience with it and they would make me go through files and files to find stuff....but i've known the main auditor for almost 2 years now and he's really friendly and patient thank gawd cos i'm just a DUMBASS lol:huh:

oh geez...i wonder if you work where my mom works! they're being audited this week too, although this is the first time ever.

i know my mom is a nervous wreck and she too has nothing to worry about. but with corporate politics being the way they are, the good workers are sometimes let go so the slackers can stay.

good luck! :hug:

Hi Everyone,

Wow thank you for the nice replies. :) This is my second audit in the office with this company. Last year was a complete and utter disaster, and they took 15 samples of my work....just so they could save their fannies from what I was told. :huh:

Hey I never knew that about writing "Kind regards" :ohmy: I usually write that to the business people I have real close working relationships with, and my contacts overseas I write "Best regards". The office does seem to be very cold in that area, but I try to balance professionalism with friendliness. Makes transactions run so well, and people remember that. :) But good thing to know - I will be more careful where I apply that.

OMG Khanada - your message is so true. Myself and my close friend seem to be the only ones pulling any sort of weight, whilst the others are having contests in seeing who can chit-chat the most. Granted, I pop by my co-workers desks every now and then, but that happens maybe three or four times....a week. A lot of really great people were schlufed off, and now we have been left with a lot of deadweight, and too much management. *sigh*.

Anyways, two days of the audit down and one to go. They did tag me on one instance, but for frig's sake, I'm human. :( I only wish I could be perfect the way they would like me to be. The auditor I have this year is the same as last year, and he's still the sniveling little file rodent he ever was. I know he's only doing his job, but geezums he is brutal. :(

*sigh*. Thanks again all for your love and care. It's a really hard time for me now, and it helps to read some really kind and considerate encouragement. :heart:

OctoberTrees said:
Anyways, two days of the audit down and one to go. They did tag me on one instance, but for frig's sake, I'm human. :( I only wish I could be perfect the way they would like me to be. The auditor I have this year is the same as last year, and he's still the sniveling little file rodent he ever was. I know he's only doing his job, but geezums he is brutal. :(
ugh, hopefully the people realize that no one is perfect. people are bound to make mistakes every once in a while!

good luck again :hug:

Aww thanks Khanada :heart:. Well, today was the end finally. I got the gumption to ask my VP how we did. He was very honest, and said that there were great improvements from last year. I guess I freaked for nothing, but there was alotta hype built up around this one this year.

Now, if I could only find a way to deal with the office politics. :(

Back
Top Bottom