Coming home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the soul waits

New Yorker
I know this is a non-U2-related forum, but I don't know where else to post this.

I've had a really hard sad day and was quite upset during a long drive home.

Then I come home, put on Bad, Heartland, ...and I feel at ease, at home, not better, but at least somewhat comforted.

I use music a lot for stress relief/comfort.

When my mum died last year, we had to take her off life support. On the day that was going to happen I picked a favourite cd for the drive to the hospital (about an hour away) and another favourite cd for the drive home. Both cds were (for me anyway) appropriate for the situation.

They were incredibly calming and comforting...like a shoulder to cry on. I listened to a lot of music during that time and still do turn to certain favourites when I need them.

I'm happy the music you chose was able to help you.

* edited to change the spelling of favourite so beli won't smack me (or be terribly disappointed) :D

Last edited:
Thanks, all :hug: , you're very sweet.

Indra, that must have been so tough,...thank heavens we can turn to music to envelop us and comfort us during hard times.

I'm still bummin :angry:

I remember having a real bad day and I put on Grace. I know people don't like that song, but man that was such a comforting and soothing song to me at the time. It made all the stress and frustrations go away real fast for me. That song is so therapeutic.

"Grace finds goodness in everything."

Another good song is Stuck in a Moment.

:hug

Back
Top Bottom