Bury me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Night & Day

Rock n' Roll Doggie, Band-aid
with these 5 things.

1. A photo of each of my 3 children.
2. My BB Bankie.
3. Bono and Edges's picks, and U2 iPOD
4. My Fathers Photo, and the black feather I found on his grave.
5. My Matchbox/Hot Wheels Car collection.

Thank you.

:ohmy: I was thinking of starting a thread in Lemonade stand on whether people would prefer to be buried or cremated. I'm getting really anguished over the decision because it is not made and I cannot make a choice of the two options, it seems.

Yeah, what's the point? Wouldn't it make more sense to leave treasured items behind for loved ones to enjoy? If anything were that important to me, I'd want my daughter to have it.

I want to donate my organs or donate my body to science and/or be cremated. Scatter me in Lake Michigan in the Sleeping Bear Nat'l Lakeshore, or at one of my favorite Gulf beaches, please.

cremated for a biatch. worms and things? no thanks. and if I got buried I wouldn't them slithering all over my stuff.

I'd rather it all go to people who might find a use for it, even if just to sell and get some coin. Any treasured items would be left behind for loved ones, if I have any, it's always questionable.

A shovel....just in case.

I want to be buried because I think it's natural to go back to the earth, and then enter the food chain, and then you know, live again someday through being passed back into something living.

Actually, I have expressed a desire to be cremated and ashes cast or kept in little jars.
But in traffic a few days ago, I was thinking of other than my children, what would I pull out of a fire (yea, I think about stupid shit like that in traffic),
and these were the more important things.
I really don't have much, but I do treasure what I have.

I thought about leaving the things for them, but other than the BB Bankie, not one of the things I mentioned would mean a single thing to any one else.

I've always thought that I want to be cremated, with half of my ashes scattered on a beach on Sanibel Island, FL, and the other half scattered off the top of Humpback Rocks on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia, making sure that the wind is blowing the right way to send me into the Rockfish Valley. Both MrPurrl and my son know this.

But lately, I've been reading more about "green" burial, and some of the cemeteries in our area have woodland spots for this. No embalming; buried in bamboo, wicker, or cardboard box Yeah, I'd become worm food, but I think I'm okay with that!

I'd like to give my organs and/or donate my body to science. Like the Body World thing, which is awsome. If there's a burial thing, my necklace that a good friend of mine gave to me when my grandma passed away.

I'd also donate my organs to those who would need it.

As for possessions, I think I'll take my diaries with me. I'll be taking my secrets to the grave!

Coyote Hills Golf Course, #4, the bunker in the upper left...its 245 yards from the tee and I always roll in...told BAW, "put me there!"

coyote_4_new.jpg

Coyote Hills Golf Course, #4, the bunker in the upper left...its 245 yards from the tee and I always roll in...told BAW, "put me there!"

coyote_4_new.jpg

We need to clarify this. Do you want me to dig up the bunker and throw you in whole or should I have you melted down and sprinkled over the top? :hmm:

i'd want my body to be donated to the gross anatomy lab here at my school. if i accomplish nothing in life, at least my death can help educate future doctors. :)

as for possessions, the only things that hold any value for me are mementos of good times. i think it'd be great if my loved ones that i shared those good times with got to keep them for themselves. it's like showing them how much i treasured our time together and our relationship.

i'd want my body to be donated to the gross anatomy lab here at my school. if i accomplish nothing in life, at least my death can help educate future doctors. :)

as for possessions, the only things that hold any value for me are mementos of good times. i think it'd be great if my loved ones that i shared those good times with got to keep them for themselves. it's like showing them how much i treasured our time together and our relationship.

Good plans, Mia. If you want people to have certain possessions, though, you'd probably better have a will of some kind to make sure of it. :hug:

ummm , I'll be dead so the suckers I leave behind can do whatever they want with me. Prop me up in the corner and use me as a hatstand if you like.

As long as they donate my organs if they're suitable, t hen I will have done something worthwhile. It would be interesting to see if the recipients develop a raging addiction to chocolate. . . . .

I'm an organ donor, but my big plan is to go out like False Dmitri #1:

Dmitriy tried to flee through a window but broke his leg in the fall. One of the plotters shot him dead on the spot. The body was put on display and then cremated, the ashes reportedly shot from a cannon towards Poland.

Except, I don't want to be shot by plotters, and I'd like not for my body to be put on display. Aim the cannon at Chicago, and I'm happy.

As long as they donate my organs if they're suitable, t hen I will have done something worthwhile. It would be interesting to see if the recipients develop a raging addiction to chocolate. . . . .

Did you know you have to be on the proper organ donor list with Medicare? The RTA and your licence mean bugger all when you're dead. Go register with Medicare if you aren't already!

I just want to be buried with my iPod. My children are too attatched to all of my childhood items, so there's no need to take any of that with me.

Organ donation is actually a touchy subject between my husband and I. I am very adamant about wanting to donate my organs to someone in need. They won't be of use to me anymore, so why not pass them on? However, my husband is equally adamant about not wanting his loved ones "cut up." Obviously, if I die first, it's his decision, regardless of my wishes. I do think, though, that I'm slowly convincing him to honor my wish.

Back
Top Bottom