Big Move?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Ok. I just started working at a new job in January. When I came in, we were in the black. Now, 2 months later, we've uncovered some accounting errors that put us deep in the red. The future of the division is in question. I could be out of work or thingscould work out fine.

To complicate things, my old boss moved to VT 2 years ago. He's been trying to lure me up there to work ever since and well, a perfect position just opened up. I'll have to take a pay cut, but I'll actually be able to buy a house. Here in Westchester the median price is $525,000. I'll NEVER be able to afford that. In VT the market is much more affordable. But, I'll be leaving all my family and friends behind, but it's only a 2 1/2 hr ride, no big deal eh? What about my job rep as I quit so soon after getting hired?
It snow alot in VT. I'll need to buy a truck. Feck. What should I do?

would you leave your band? :(

It is a big move. I just moved from Minneapolis to a MUCH smaller town in the farm fields in Illinois last April, and I am still adjusting. Question if you can move from the capital of the world to a state that is known for skiing and cows. :shrug:

I'd say move as well if it's better economically for you. Plus moving to a new place is an adventure :) I love moving to different cities and countries.

Well, there's been a split in the band as of late. They want to spent $10,000 in a recording studio and make 1 record. I'd rather buy $10,000 worth of recording equiptment and make records for the rest of our lives. DIY vs. traditional ideal. Also, I can't really quit my job and tour at 31.

damn

I was looking forward to someone moving. I've been thinking about moving to New Mexico lately. Taking a 50% pay cut might not be so great. My moving moods usually pass. This one will too. Probably when my husband comes home again. I think I'm rambling.

Yeah. The division may be expanding, so it may still happen. I'm gonna visit him in April. I think the paycuts are worth it if it bring happiness, the ultimate reward.

my sister & brother-in-law just sold their 2 bedroom 1 bath ranch on 1/8 of an acre out in rocky point, long island for $265,000...

they proceded to buy a 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, 2 car garage on a full acre house outside of hartford, ct for $240,000

my family's house here on long island will more likely than not eventually get passed on to me eventually. a house down the street from it, half the size, went for $450,000. as tempting as it would be to sell and move somewhere more affordable... well... as zoney put it, i don't know if i could ever "move from the capital of the world to a state that is known for skiing and cows." :shrug: who knows

Back
Top Bottom