Big Dilemma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellay

Refugee
I am getting married on June 18th 2005.

By my reckoning this is going to fall directly into the U2 English leg of the tour, and the dates in the papers suggest I am going to be abroad on my honeymoon when they play in london.

Considering that I still feel sick whenever I think that I missed zoo tv in 2002, because i went to see a then-girlfirend in manchester rather than the boys, i could do with any advice..

I've already suggested that we go on honeymoon to a place that cooincidently coincides with the u2 tour, but it's a no go..

Alternatively I could go abroad again when I get back, but that would mean a) id be totally broke to the point of bankruptcy, and b0 my work probably wouldnt let me anyway..

any suggestions?

Ellay - whew! Tough one - and I'm facing a similar situation. I've committed to a week-long misssions trip to Antigua the first week of March. My worry is 1) they'll announce a date in/near my home for the week that I'm supposed to be out of the country or 2) their local show falls after I get back in the states, but I'll be too broke & have too little personal time off to attend. :sad:

Of course, your honeymoon is a MUCH bigger deal! Does soon-to-be-hubby know how important this is to you? Could you possibly do a "split" honeymoon? (Not each of you going your own way!! :no: ) What I mean is, say you have a 7 day honeymoon planned - would you be able to spend 4-5 days away & then incorporate the show back in London for the end of the honeymoon?

Hope you get some good suggestions & can find a resolution that everyone's happy with! Good luck & congratulations on your pending marriage!! :)

If this person is marrying you, they should know how important U2 is. Not to be a downer but who knows how many more world tours these guys are going to do? I think there needs to be some compromise....either going to a concert while on honeymoon (I think that sounds fun) or splitting up the honeymoon somehow. I'm sure you'd do if for her if there was a band she was enamored with....right? :wink:

Good luck!

starsgoblue said:
If this person is marrying you, they should know how important U2 is.

I agree...

...though this is a HORRIBLY biased place to ask for advice on this matter!!! :lol:

Advice from an oldie u2 married gal.......
You will be married to this guy forever (hopefully...:wink:) but u2 won't tour forever. Take that into consideration.

I did lots of things in my young life I now regret now that I am in my mid life married rut. Go for it at all costs. Even though I wouldn't have heeded this advice years ago myself. GOOD LUCK!

Hey girls,,,,we're loving husbands, we understand, just let your groom know that if he wants you, he also wants U2...

You see, most of we spouses don't know what's good for us until you tell us! I know that U2 is good for me 'cause BAW told me so...!

True! damn, true! :yes:

Good luck and best wishes on the nuptials. :heart:

Mr. BAW

Back
Top Bottom