Better way for much needed "time alone"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
What would you suggest to someone who, right now, is hard pressed to come up with a better way to have "alone time" other than to disappear into the abyss for a couple of days? The objective here apparently is to not have anyone bugging and to have literal quiet time. I need all the suggestions you can muster cause this disappearing act is getting ridiculous.

Turn off electronic things. It is amazing how quiet it gets when we turn off the phone, cell phone, computer, television, radio, etc.

nbcrusader said:
Turn off electronic things. It is amazing how quiet it gets when we turn off the phone, cell phone, computer, television, radio, etc.

:yes:

Turn everything off, close the blinds/shades, put on some comfy pajamas, and enjoy your time to yourself.

clarityat3am said:
What would you suggest to someone who, right now, is hard pressed to come up with a better way to have "alone time" other than to disappear into the abyss for a couple of days? The objective here apparently is to not have anyone bugging and to have literal quiet time. I need all the suggestions you can muster cause this disappearing act is getting ridiculous.
Your welcome here anyday.

Is this to disappear for a couple days or for a couple hours?

Because then it makes a difference. If it's only for a couple hours, then going to the park, library, coffeeshop, etc. would work. But if it's for several days there it has to be something like staying home, going to a hotel, etc.

I like finding a book in barnes and noble or borders then crashing in one of their comfy armchairs. Excellent for gathering thoughts on your own. I also enjoy driving my car and exploring new places while cranking up some music, but then the gas kind of gets expensive...

And disguise yourself if you don't want anyone to recognize you, nothing outrageous to call attention to yourself but I'd do that and head for a Barnes and Nobel or Powerlls Bookstore or even to a coffee place like Starbucks with an iPod and just sit idle doing nothing....or retreat to a theatre to catch a couple movies by yourself.

clarityat3am said:

Look for me.

U2democrat said:
I also enjoy driving my car and exploring new places while cranking up some music, but then the gas kind of gets expensive...

:yes: Driving out into the country with loud music playing is one of my favorite things to do; it really gives you the feeling of isolation and 'being away' from everything. But then, there is the expense of gas...

starsgoblue said:
I waste so much in gas because I simply love driving around aimlessly and listening to tunes. It is the only time I can really focus and think about things.

I like driving too, it is soooo therapeutic for me. It's not quite as fun with the current high gas prices tho, gotta admit that. :slant:

starsgoblue said:
I waste so much in gas because I simply love driving around aimlessly and listening to tunes. It is the only time I can really focus and think about things.

:yes: So do I, although it's gotten a lot harder because I know the Boston metropolitan area so well. :grumpy: When I go out to Springfield or somewhere I LOVE getting lost... :drool: and just driving for hours along empty roads.

And then I see my gas bill. :yikes: Good thing I have a pretty fuel-efficient car... :ohmy:

well I'm a teenager so.. I suppose its a bit more understandable for me, but I take my ipod and go to a park and lay down on the playground or something when no one is around... then I just lay there.. for a long time and listen to music. sometimes I go on our house roof and listen to my ipod too :yes:

I love driving around with no destination in mind, just me, my thoughts, my music, and the road :drool:

Back
Top Bottom