Being Philosophical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lynz778 said:
Anywhere that takes our fancy really. I have billions of relatives in Scotland and I'm borrowing a car. Can't wait!

Sounds good, we will see what the future holds:wink:

I'm sorry, I've had this Beatles song stuck in my head, and now those posts make it even more apparent.

Baby you can drive my car!
Beep-beep-mm-beep-beep, yeah!

Heh, make sure you're a gentelmen out there, ZeroDude. ( ( ( :up: ( :macdevil: ) :up: ( :wink: ) ) ) )

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
There's got to be a balance. I think that's healthy for all individuals and for all relationships you have around you. You meet people who are predominantly one thing, over all else, you know? And I wonder how they adapt and cope when the situations or people dont match that. I'm not making any sense here...I dont want to suggest you do this, and this is why I'm possibly barking up the wrong tree, but I think people need to be a bit joker, a bit thinker, a bit thoughtful, a bit quiet or reserved, a bit listener, bit talker, etc. And to be what is needed when is needed. If friends are all joking around being dolts, that's not the time to contemplate buddhist principles in a post modern world.

I'm thinking specifically of 2 people while I write this, and neither are you. Sorry, Lynz. :( A woman I worked with was sacked today out of the blue, because she just couldn't calm down. She was irritatingly chirpy and friendly and made you want to stab things. She is a gorgeous kind person, but couldn't be anything else at any given time. Seriously, it was like watching someone on speed. If she couldn't trill in your ear about god only knows what, she'd touch you or jump around and fidget, or hum constantly, or sing. In a way, the opposite of what this fellow says you are. I dont think you are, from your 144 posts on here. You seem quite well rounded to me. If you are like that, I wouldn't recommend changing it, but controlling it if it is a problem in the bigger picture. Ask your mates or family what they reckon. Ask yourself, too. I'd not think you're going ot have much to worry about, though.

And sorry for rambling in your thread.
:uhoh:

A person who wants to stab things because someone is happy is giving advice on "balance" (?)

:rolleyes:

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom