Being a Pen Pal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So my mom has her own business which she started last year. Well she became really good friends with a real estate agent in Idaho and her assistant. So the Assistant's 10 year old son has Asperger. http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/aswhatisit.html The Assistant asked my mom if I could be her sons pen pal. I accepted the offer.

:up: That is kind.

I've had a Spanish penpal for over 10 years now.

Cool.I feel for his mom. Her husand left her with 3 kids. She was poor, and this real estate agent gave her a job. Her son has Asperger. She want's me to be a mentor to him.

That's great Justin! I think that your pen pal will really appreciate your letters. The linked article doesn't say that people with this syndrome do not want companionship - it just says that they have a very hard time knowing how to relate to other people. Letters and your time are wonderful gifts you could give him!!

You will make an ideal penpal, Justin. You always have great topics of conversation, pictures, humorous jokes and bits of information and you really are a nice genuine caring person. I am sure you will develop a good friendship with this boy and hopefully make a difference in his life. Good luck and enjoy it!

my 11 year old nephew has Aspergers....he is so smart and witty, but with two other siblings, he doesn't always get the individual attention he needs. Very cool on being a pen pal, that focused attention means so much.

and shame on me, this thread made me realize that his birthday is next week and I didn't get a bday present yet :shame:

Back
Top Bottom