baby namer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

feedthetree

The Fly
my young and naive cousin is deciding to name her daughter after her mother, Bonnie Ella.
Now it would not be a problem but no one in our family likes Bonnie Ella. She is a drunk, a mean one, often making a fool of herself at family events. Even slapping me at one event, humiliating me.
She had three young children, and her marriage failed. She bailed. She didn't even leave a note, just left and was drunk 24-7 after that. She didnt pay child support, nothing.
When I babysat the kids, she would come over and manipulate them out of their food and their money (for food).
The youngest one, the pregnant one, has severe FAS, fetal alcohol syndrome. It appalls me that she is going to name her child after her drunk abusive mother. Your thoughts?

I don't think there's much you can do about it. It's your cousin's decision. If she's naive, then that's her problem.

I don't think there's much you can do about it. It's your cousin's decision. If she's naive, then that's her problem.

I agree. It is up to the parents to name their child.

Just a thought here. When you name your child. Consider that he or she is going to have it for a life time. What is cute as a baby, may not be so cute when the child is an adult. I remember from my school days, a friend had a first name that she absolutely hated. It really was a weird one and "hippie like I am so high on drugs." She legally changed it the day she turned eighteen.

Back
Top Bottom