Awwwe Crap, I'm Ill Again!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
What the hell is wrong with me, since I was sick in March with Pneumonia, I have been sick on and off. Now I'm stuffy, chest congestion, I could be a freakin commercial. My ear hasn't been normal since I had an ear infection at the same time. Now I have to go back to the doctor. I don't want to take anymore antibiotics. :no: I know allergies play a big part but it's very frustrating cause I am usually not sick. :scream:

Sorry to rant and rave but I just had to get it off my chest!!!

Maybe you need some quiet time, calm, and lots of sleep to let your body rest. I noticed that my busy father got a cold, gave it to me and my mother, and we both got better 2 weeks before he did.

Your body is probably still trying to get over it. I had chicken pox a couple of years ago (adult chicken pox sux, get the vaccination people, I beg you). It took months before I felt normal again. Rest and don't push yourself too hard or you'll regret it.

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

BTW, did you see a recent episode of Oprah with Dr. Oz? You can probably find it on Oprah's site, but I just quickly googles (it's 2:45am!) and found this: http://bestsyndication.com/?q=04270...-pot-dr-oz-on-oprah-tv-show-demonstration.htm

Maybe it would be worth a shot. Or mention it to your doctor to see what he thinks. An audience member on Oprah demonstrated how it worked, and they recently had a follow up, and the woman stated how much better she's been feeling.

Lila64 said:
Hope you feel better soon :hug:

BTW, did you see a recent episode of Oprah with Dr. Oz? You can probably find it on Oprah's site, but I just quickly googles (it's 2:45am!) and found this: http://bestsyndication.com/?q=04270...-pot-dr-oz-on-oprah-tv-show-demonstration.htm

Maybe it would be worth a shot. Or mention it to your doctor to see what he thinks. An audience member on Oprah demonstrated how it worked, and they recently had a follow up, and the woman stated how much better she's been feeling.

Very interesting and strange at the same time. I will definately think about it.

:hug: JC

Not sure what to say besides I've been there and it does suck! Got sick with a parasite in Africa and when I returned home (during the height of cold and flu season) I had a series of viral infections for five months do to already being exhausted, losing a lot of weight there, and taken some very hardcore antibiotics for that parasite that probably killed off all the good stuff. I remember one day, I felt so bad during class I called my dad to come pick me up and bring me home. Mind you, I was in college and lived two blocks from campus and I just couldn't do it, it was so bad.

Know your limits and stick to them for a while even when you're sick of being sick. Get plenty of sleep on a regular schedule.

JCOSTER said:

Very interesting and strange at the same time. I will definately think about it.

The neti pot is the way to go. It's very simple and effective. :up:

I recommend this one--it's the best designed one out there and the instructions that come with it make me wonder how anyone can use a neti pot without them since others I've used omit a key step that I learned about from this site.:
http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/product/neti.html

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:

The neti pot is the way to go. It's very simple and effective. :up:

I recommend this one--it's the best designed one out there and the instructions that come with it make me wonder how anyone can use a neti pot without them since others I've used omit a key step that I learned about from this site.:
http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/product/neti.html

Thanks for everyones concern. You know I feel like a big baby because its nothing life threatening, just making me feel blah. :yuck:

JCOSTER, I hope you're feeling a bit better now... What did the doctor say? I had bronchitis when I was younger, it's not a lot of fun I can tell you that :huh: But the good news is, these days they have better medicines for it. I know taking so many medications isn't fun... I hope something positive came from the dr.'s appointment :hug:

Hope you are feeling better, JC. What did the Dr say? Bronchitis? That's no fun. Have the kids been bringing home germs? Have they been sick? Make sure you get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids and maybe some echinacea and goldenseal. Take care! :hug:

Yes, it is bronchitis, and I also had fluid in my ear! The doctor said to pump myself up with my inhalers. I do feel better, though, the Dr. didn't want to put me on anymore anitbiotics b/c I have been on so many times. But it seems to be going away.

All because of allergies. They can make you feel awful.

Then to top it off, I had to take my older son to the dr. because he had infection on his knee which was the size of a silver dollar. Lucky I took him right away because he could have ended up with blood poisoning. He is on antibiotic for 7 days. :huh:

Sounds like your household is just having hard times. Temporarily. Take a deep breath and then get everyone well again. Sucks getting older too, doesn't it? Seems we take longer to get over some things that were nothing when we were a lot younger! I agree about the antibiotics....sometimes I wonder about them. Anyhow, take it easy! :hug: Get Well!

JCOSTER said:
Yes, it is bronchitis, and I also had fluid in my ear! The doctor said to pump myself up with my inhalers. I do feel better, though, the Dr. didn't want to put me on anymore anitbiotics b/c I have been on so many times. But it seems to be going away.

All because of allergies. They can make you feel awful.

Then to top it off, I had to take my older son to the dr. because he had infection on his knee which was the size of a silver dollar. Lucky I took him right away because he could have ended up with blood poisoning. He is on antibiotic for 7 days. :huh:

Yes, allergies can be a real pain in the *** :mad:

Sorry to hear about your son, I'm glad you were on time though...

Hope you will continue to feel better :hug:

Back
Top Bottom