Arghhh!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
I was just driving home from LivLuv's house and got pulled over for 46 in a 30...oops. The Cop pulled only wrote me up for 5 over, but that's still probably like 70 bucks. GRRRRRRRR! I guess I'm still flying high from Monday's concert!

On a lighter note though, I bought the new Bono Converstation book tonight. Wow, a double confession! I feel good!

Sevikins: don't blame the cops for the drivers negligence. I know all too well that there are some evil ones out there. However most of them are doing what they have to. Personally I would like it there were more of them out on the road so that they may catch the asshole drivers around my neighboorhood. Btw... the idea that cops have some sort of ticket quota to fill is false. :)

Got Philk: Be happy with the 35mph ticket lol.

By the way, what did LivLuv do to you in order for you to drive away like a speeding looney? :lol: Just kidding.

the last ticket i got was driving up to chicago from indy during the elevation tour

if you're going to a u2 concert you should be allowed to speed, am i right or am i right?

I got a parking ticket for $8 (!!!) at the Arcade Fire show a couple of weeks ago. :|

Chizip, you're right.

Cleasai- LivLuv and I were...reading Bono's new book. Don't tell anyone!

The thing is, I had a chance to play the "I know a cop" card on the guy. Every time a police officer see's my address, he says, "College Ave. huh?" See, I live in the Ghetto right next to project rehab. Apparently a lot goes on around here. But I so should have been like, "That's exactly what my girlfriend's uncle says too. He's a cop here in Grand Rapids." But i froze up. Man, I suck.

Phil,

It wouldn't hurt to contest the ticket, even if you don't have a good excuse. If the cop does not show, the ticket gets dropped.

In the short term, the fine for a 5 over ticket doesn't seem bad - but your car insurance will be very expensive for 2 years. I wish I had known this when I got a ticket for 5 over, I did not even try to contest it.

nbcrusader said:

Naw, you were honest instead of playing games.

Can't wait till I get home and suggest to my wife that we "read Bono's book together" :sexywink:

Dirty mind, you! :wink:

The funny thing is, we WERE reading Bono's book, lying there on my bed...reading a book, lol. Phil NEVER reads books, so I didn't want to suggest anything else, hehe.

Chizip said:
i have to read bonos book by myself :(

You can come join if you bring my umbrella back. I've been kicking myself all week b/c I NEVER needed that stupid thing and now it's been raining like hell since we got back from Chicago.

Chip,
Uh, if you do come over, I think we'll read the book on the couch instead of the bed...:shifty:

If i appeal and he shows, do I get any worse off? I think I'll go for it. I already have one 5 over ticket from last summer so i don't need even higher insurance. Or Lies, could your unlce sign it to cancel it? :)

Got Philk? said:
I was just driving home from LivLuv's house and got pulled over for 46 in a 30...oops. The Cop pulled only wrote me up for 5 over, but that's still probably like 70 bucks. GRRRRRRRR! I guess I'm still flying high from Monday's concert!

On a lighter note though, I bought the new Bono Converstation book tonight. Wow, a double confession! I feel good!

that sucks about the ticket! I got pulled over about 5 years ago and I'm still paranoid about getting another one. That was one too many tickets for me.

I bought the book yesterday. I only read a few pages but I love it and I can't wait to read the whole thing :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

You can come join if you bring my umbrella back. I've been kicking myself all week b/c I NEVER needed that stupid thing and now it's been raining like hell since we got back from Chicago.

:( I didn't know you all were going to be in Chicago. I was there for shows 1,2,3 but not in GA. We were still at the arena by noon each day to meet the band. I talked to a lot of the Midwest group but I don't think I talked to too many people from here.

LivLuv are you going to any of the Fall Detroit shows? I'll be there with Kariann and Schmeg and I know there's already talk of doing something the night before the concert with some of the other Detroit Interferencers.

Got Philk? said:

If i appeal and he shows, do I get any worse off? I think I'll go for it. I already have one 5 over ticket from last summer so i don't need even higher insurance. Or Lies, could your unlce sign it to cancel it? :)

If Lies has a hook up, definitely wouldn't hurt to try to get strings pulled there - but if the cop does show up, you can try some lame excuse and/or pray/beg/plead/try humor - they can't do anything worse. My sis-in-law contested it and cop didn't show so it was dropped. My sister did the same thing, cop showed, she said she was a student/really poor/sob story - they said sorry that doesn't really matter, ticket stands - but she wasn't any worse off than she was before. So worth a try :)

Back
Top Bottom