Argh! #%$@

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mullen-Girl

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
AAAAAAAAARGH! Begin :rant:

My stupid ass boss pissed me off soooooooooo bad yesterday! First of all for those of you who don't know what I do....I am an Office Manager/School Administration/Secretary/Personal Secretary to the Director/Accountant/Bookeeper. LOL It's a lot of work let me tell ye!

Well yesterday as soon as I got in to work, my boss dragged me into the conference room and said....GRADUATION! I was like yeah so? He says...we have got to get this done ASAP. Ordering invitations, setting up dinners, ordering plaques, sending out letters, etc etc etc. (And besides him dragging me into the room...I missed my friend on the radio playing with the Pat Mcgee band which pissed me off :mad: )

So I look at him as he dumps all these papers around the conference table...and he said it's not too much work for you is it? I look at him again and say stone faced...."well it's not like I don't have my daily duties, plus everything else you want me to do, plus payroll, among other things" He just smiles at me and says "I know you can do it!" I look back at him and say "Well I don't have a choice do I?" Ohhhhhhhhh I was soooooooooo pissed!!!!! I need help here...somebody to help me to do my daily stuff but he won't understand!

That's why I was MIA yesterday...anyway...

End :rant:

:hug: Ah yes, the 'I know you can do it because I'm stupid and left it to the very last minute and now I have something more fun to do and besides I don't want to do it boss.'

I get those unexpected surprises at work, usually in the form of a new trainee.

Keep Mr Baw's suggestion in mind :wink:

Your boss sounds like an idiot. :down: I would just do your best to do all the work, but don't work too hard and get really stressed with it all, just do the best you can. And if you can't get it all finished in time then tell him it's his own fault for not planning ahead and giving you or other employees enough time to do the work.

Jobs can be more trouble than they're worth sometimes. :hug:

LMAO those are great :D :hug: Thanks guys...I think 2 of our guys here are actually going to quit when my boss gets back...leaving only 2 employees and my boss....I wish I had the willpower to quit...I was telling one of the guys that if I went to another job and did what i'm doing now at least i'd get paid about $6 to $7 more than I do now....(I only make $12 an hour now :mad: )

When I get overwhelmed at work...the first thing I do is shut off the Internet (except my work E-mail). I get a crapload of stuff done when I don't have Interference calling my name! :up:

Mullen-Girl said:
AAAAAAAAARGH! Begin :rant:

My stupid ass boss pissed me off soooooooooo bad yesterday! First of all for those of you who don't know what I do....I am an Office Manager/School Administration/Secretary/Personal Secretary to the Director/Accountant/Bookeeper

*Thats quite a job description. I don't suppose that you get paid for 6 different jobs.*

So I look at him as he dumps all these papers around the conference table...and he said it's not too much work for you is it? I look at him again and say stone faced...."well it's not like I don't have my daily duties, plus everything else you want me to do, plus payroll, among other things" He just smiles at me and says "I know you can do it!"

*Funny, why am I hearing my store managers voice in my head saying the same thing?*

End :rant:

Last edited:
beli said:
I cant do that.

Whiney person: Hi, we have had a mercury spill in Physics. What should we do?

Beli: Fuck off, Im busy.

:lmao:

Man, I would LOVE that !

I either tell people to leave me alone or people leave me alone because they get the eat shit look from me and they know not to bother me. After working with these people for 5 years we all know how eachother works and can tell when to walk away.

Im envious. Unfortunately, I current work in risk management and my phone line is one of the emergency numbers. (and you would be dumbfounded at some of the stupid things people consider an emergency)

But after this baby has hatched, Im looking for a career change. Preferably something in a cube where I dont have to talk to anyone. :up:

Your job sounds wonderful to me.

geez cristy, wtf!

i'm lucky, my boss is nice and doesn't dump stuff on me at the last minute. well, usually, my projects have to be done *that day* but they're monthly or quarterly things so i do know ahead of time.

luckily it's really easy to figure out what's a higher priority for me at any given time. since i deal with mostly contracts (and occasionally spreadsheets and reports), everything has a start date. so whichever thing's start date comes first, that's what i work on first.

funny for me to be saying this because right now there's a huge report sitting on my desk for me to do tomorrow! oh, i mean TWO reports.

so i know how you feel cristy. :slant: luckily for me any time i feel overly swamped, i can just talk to my boss about it. hell, she even thanks me for telling her instead of stewing over at my desk. i'm sorry your boss isn't the same way (maybe that's the difference between genders, because my boss is female).

hopefully something better will come along for you salope! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom