apparently it's been a little too long since i've...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beegee

Neon Zebra
been asked out for a real date...

i was asked out twice this week, and both times i had no clue that it was coming. the first guy is new in town, he's a blackjack dealer, and i jokingly mentioned how great it is to live in a city with no "last call." well, he must have thought i was hinting, because he asked me out for drinks.

the second guy is a metro police officer. he saw me in the grocery store one night, and the next day he came into the library where i work. he asked what i had been buying for dinner. i told him with a kid in the house, the only time i ever get to eat grown-up food is when i go out. he must have also thought that i was hinting, because he asked me out to dinner.

what is wrong with me? is there any way to talk to single men without them thinking you desperately need a date? anyone else have any funny stories about dating/being asked out?

bonosgirl84 said:
anyone else have any funny stories about dating/being asked out?

This is something that has always struck me as being odd...

John's the only boyfriend I've ever had. I've only been out on a few dates in my life, and they all pretty much sucked. Guys tended to never give me the time of day.

After I came back from visiting John in Virginia as an engaged woman...I got asked out THREE TIMES IN ONE DAY...:der:

I still can't figure that one out.

I guess you just never know what's gonna happen...:hug:

i haven't been out on a REAL date since...god i dont remember:|

I remember a weird quasi-date in college. I was at a symphony concert, and a girl next to me started up a conversation at intermission. We chatted, I talked about the music (being a music major and all), and it was nice, she seemed cool. We ended up going out for ice cream afterwards. Except the whole time she was waaaaaaaay too aggressive. Asking pretty personal questions for someone I'd just met an hour ago, and flirting as if her life depended on it or something. :shifty: It was a struggle to try and tell her I was going to head back to my place without her taking it as a hint to come with. :crack:

me four. I've only had one boyfriend and even then we didn't actually go out on a proper date, we just kinda met and then got together.

Dates sound like so much fun. :wink:

Uck. I can honestly say I've been on some terrible dates. But they were all last year at university so (i.e. first year university guys = :huh: ) I think the only time my ex-boyfriend and I ever 'went out' (on a date that is) is we went to Second Cup for coffee. The rest of the time we never left the (tiny) campus.

One date I went on the guy took me to this 'happening' club. Only when we got there, he ran onto the middle of the dance floor and started dancing away. His dance style? Here, I'll try and descibe it for you: put your hands on your shoulders, point your elbows in the air, wiggle you butt around and pump your arms/elbows up and down (keep your hands on your shoulders). Got the mental image? Good. Mortifying, isn't it?
--Not to mention everytime we brought up music he'd start talking about some rapper I'd never heard of. He had never even HEARD of U2! Aggghhh!

:lmao: sweetest you are priceless.

I dont think I've had a 'date' date either. One I guess loosely fits the description of one was back when I was about 17/18. My friend who was really into being cool and knowing all these exciting people rang out of the blue and said "want to go out with kane on saturday night?" I just "huh? why?" anyways, cut the long story short, i said yes, lord knows why and was loosely planning to meet up with some other people later in the night. On our way into the city, it was weird, i kept thinking, why is kane one of the 'cool people' form school doing this? whats going on? so we got to this pub/club, dancing, drinking, whatever and we went outside for some fresh air being a crowded underground place and he yawns and says "so when's it happening?" I stood there for a sec looking like a stunned mullet and said "I'm not having sex with you!!!" I swear Im so dumb sometimes. No, naive is more like it lol. So I guess that wasn't really a date....well, ok, I've never been on one I spose.
I'm a social :reject: hehe

Angela Harlem said:
I stood there for a sec looking like a stunned mullet and said "I'm not having sex with you!!!"

:lol: angie! A little presumptious, no? :laugh:

That kind of reminds me of this one time in high school...a friend of mine, Rob, kept telling me every day that his friend, Luke, liked me. Only I had never met Luke before. So I was like, 'Well, tell him to talk to me then." So, a month later, Rob comes up to me in the cafeteria and says, "This is Luke." Luke sits down....and says nothing. I mean, not a friggen word. You'd think if he really liked me he would have at least said 'hi' no? (He did have a reputation of being kind of an idiot though...like most of the guys in my high school). After about 5 minutes he looks at me and says "What's up?" to which I responded "Nothing. What's up with you?" (or something equally as stupid). He never answered, I never persued the question. How the heck could I ever date someone who couldn't even carry on a 3 sentence conversation?

And that was the end. The bell rang, we left, I never saw him again. :lmao:

No sweetest! That was the whole point of that night out! He only wanted 'A Bit O'Fun'!

Your story reminds me of this one time (I really am one of the lamest people I've ever had the displeasure of knowing :lol:) back when i was about 14/15. I had a huge crush on this guy in the year above me. He caught my bus and he and his friend, Tom who started a highschool relationship with my friend Terrie. So Tom and Terrie (how cute :rolleyes: decided to force Jesse and I to at least have a conversation and did a really bad 'sit next to Anna' thing. It was sooo awkward! We managed an hello to each other and for the next half hour stared out the window not saying one word to each other. Needless to say, my crush had died by about lunch time that day.
:lmao:

So pathetic.......:D

angie is a cool geek

I did do the dating thing
now I'm becoming a monk though :up:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom