Anyone up for a game of "Dump on Your Ex"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Ok, Im not meaning any of you guys. I mean the Losers we may have once known. And yes, they are a proper noun. Complete Capital L.

Back in the days when I was in the disability sector, I had a great job and met some wonderful folks. One in particular. And no he was not a client! We became excellent friends. Things cruised along as they do, we had a semi issue of the colleague thing, but we were both planning to move onto other things. He into Probation and Parole and me into general youth work. Or DOCS. I was still undecided. Not my point, but anyway...we went out, spent time together, always had a great time. Things weren't rushed, but I didnt care, I was never in a hurry back in those days. One night we went out to one of our fave pubs. It was the usual night, met some friends, drinks, ya know those nights. There was a call over the loudspeaker "*cough*, you have a call at the bar." He gives me this strange look and says he wont be long. I say yeah whatever, im off to play pool. I come back after a while and sit down and this girl walks in. I only noticed her cos I thought, "gee she looks like me, poor thing!" But she walks right over to us. *cough* says, "um, this is my girlfriend..."

I have not spoken to the guy since. Not a word. People like that, I have nothing to say to. I think this is the only real screw up I have made in judging someone. What pissed me off most after a bit was how wrong we can be when we think we know someone. It actually scared me because I would so definately not have picked him to be that type. It scared me off relationships for a long time, I doubted myself to pick the genuine types. I just wondered how the hell you do it the right way without being shitted on.

So if anyone wants to share, tell us about your asshole loved ones, or your skank bitch exes. Funny or genuine, I hope no one replies cos that means you dont know any of them! Or just dont want to reply... hehe.

I don't have an ex to dump on.

*feels left out*

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I don't have an ex to dump on.

*feels left out*

LOL Bonochickie!

I'm mad at my ex 'cuz when he's with his girlfriend (they both live together now) he passes by and acts like he has never seen me in his dang life. But when she's not around, that little bastard stares at me and kinda flirts
mad.gif
I so hate that!!!
Not that I care, but it annoys me that he's such a wuss for not talking to me just because his gf gets mad! (she hates me by the way)What a loser!!!
And also she's pregnant, but still, he has the nerve to tell my mom (they get along well) he wants to be with me again
mad.gif
What an asshole!!!

*joins Angie Harlem's group of Disgusted gals about pricks*
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Ana (edited 02-19-2002).]

Ooooh. Me me me. Pick Me!!!! My ex, over the course of our relationship, has called me fat and furry. Not in those terms...but it was implied. Right before he left recently, he told me, "You should really stick to working out this time. You'll look a lot better." And I wonder why I now work out 7 days a week. Hmmmm.

Ok, here's my asshole ex story:

My first boyfriend, he was a hockey player who thought he was an octopus (all hands.)
rolleyes.gif
He had no car, no job, he was 24 and lived at home with his mom (who was a huge bitch). So, I drove everywhere, but we hardly ever went out because the only way he wanted to hang out was if we were on the couch in his mom's living room watching a movie so he could grope me.
mad.gif

My next boyfriend was so much nicer. Nice guys rock, contrary to popular belief.
smile.gif

Well, only one ex for me, but I'll gladly dump on him. We weren't together for that long and then he basically told me he was breaking up with me. Well, he was like "is that ok with you, are you upset" (men are so conceited, they think you're head over heels for them even if you just think they're a reasonably nice guy) but that was the message. He said it was because he was "still on the rebound" from his crummy girlfriend who had run off on him with another guy, more or less. So I was ok with that. I was very understanding. (I'm a bit smarter now.) So a few months later, I see him with...the former crummy girlfriend. They'd been friends for a long time before, reportedly, so I thought "well maybe they've just made it up" but they were looking a little too friendly (particularly since he'd told me she was a cow and the rest of it.) The next thing I heard was that they were engaged to be married. Yep, that's right. I was horrified. And then somewhat later I heard that the wedding was postponed...evidently it turned out to be permanently. And that's the last I have heard, and I really don't care to hear any more.

Sometimes I think people suck. And sometimes I think I suck because relationship-wise, I've had one pathetic experience and several pathetic non-experiences, and that's it.

What pissed me off most after a bit was how wrong we can be when we think we know someone

Angela, you are so right about that.

And forgive the generalization about men, it just comes out that way sometimes.

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 02-19-2002).]

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
Right before he left recently, he told me, "You should really stick to working out this time. You'll look a lot better." And I wonder why I now work out 7 days a week. Hmmmm.

are you serious?
mad.gif
That's awful. Dump his ass and ignore that kind of advice. Shallow as shite, that's what that sounds like. ugh.

My first ex was 4 years older than me. I was a freshman, she was a senior (college). So she graduates and moves back home to Maine, and we try the long-distance thing. The day before my birthday, she calls and breaks things off. "It's just not working." Ok, it hurts like I hell, but I can deal with that. 1 month later, I hear from one of her friends, who asks "So, have you heard about Alley's news?" Huh? What news? "Oh my God, you don't know she's engaged??"

mad.gif

ooh, I have a good one. But it is more funny than sad. At least I think so.

The summer between my junior and senior years of high school I went out with this guy who was between his freshman and sophomore years of college. We went out like 2 days, and then he was gone for a week at the end of which he had HIS MOM call MY MOM to break up with me. lmfao! Is that not the most pathetic excuse for a human being?

Anyways, I was more shocked than anything and pretty pissed. Later than evening when he finally got up the guts to say it to my face and then had the gall to suggest we would go right back to where we had been before, ie. friends, I just laughed.
biggrin.gif
uh-huh. yeahhhh, right, buddy.
tongue.gif

A guy I rejected (but he is not my ex) went a little psycho on me after that. I didn't look or speak to him for one-and-a-half years.

foray

Originally posted by foray:
A guy I rejected (but he is not my ex) went a little psycho on me after that.

LOL that happened to me too!!! of course, i picked someone else over him who was a huge jerk, but this dude who i turned down was all craaaaaaaazy...if i went into it, you guys would be too scared, lol. anyone from uni chat would know who i meant though if i said his name.

My ex got implants and is apparently engaged to a guy from Watertown, NY.

Watertown, NY...what the hell is up there?

But anyways. My current fling is a 180 degree turn from that freak.

CK

Originally posted by foray:
A guy I rejected (but he is not my ex) went a little psycho on me after that. foray

Same here. I believe he suffers from mental disorders (this is true). He was my co-worker but his weird attitude freaked all out and my boss sent him to a anti-doping test. The co-crazy-coworker never came back!!!
What a relief for me!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
...and would talk to her when she called whenever I was over his place.

That sounds familiar...

Not that I suppose I could fault someone for talking to someone they were in love with for so long, but still..it's not exactly an ego boost for the person who's left sitting there waiting for the phone conversation to end.

Back
Top Bottom