Anyone know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I have been having constant headaches. And just recently the back lower part of my head has a pain. Feels like a lump and I press on it lightly there is pain? Is this anything to be concerned about?

Your doctor will probably give you a better answer than you'll find here.

You have excellent medical coverage, why not make an appointment.

I've been thinking I was dying of a brain tumor since I was 9. It was always something else causing the pain. I hope you'll be okay, you probably did just sleep on it crooked. That can really twist your muscle and it will hurt for days.

Are you in front of computers a lot? (just asking since I know you work for Norton)

I am, all day, and I get frequent headaches, neck pains, back pains, and even leg pain. I've switched to only using LCD displays (no CRTs) and being careful about posture, position of the screen, making sure I get up and walk around enough, and having my eyes checked regularly (my prescription changes a lot). We're also getting new chairs that are supposed to help.

As for the lump, I've had this twice and am just getting over it at the moment. It can be many things, but both times I've had a bacterial infection in my head (in lymph nodes). I had/have large abscesses on my head that needed draining, and then other harder lumps behind my ears, at my hairline, or in my neck (always painful to the touch). Once the abscess is dealt with, I take antibiotics for a week to make sure whatever is there dies.

I would have it checked though, especially because of the headaches and if it's a condition you've never experienced before.

Thanks. luckly two of my moms friends who are visiting are doctors and they said they will check to see whats wrong. Yes unfortunatlly I sit infront of the computer all day. I was also planning on making an appointment for the doctors this thursday after my traffic court appearance.

That's good. The important thing is to know whether the headaches are related. If they are, I think that opens up other possibilities. Chronic headaches can't be a good sign. Could they be sinus headaches? I know there are bacterial sinus infections that can accompany the lymph infections I get. I'll keep my fingers crossed it's just an infection...

martha said:
A nice chiropractic crack may help. :drool:

Don't trust chiropractors...I work in ICU, and a couple of weeks ago we had a guy die because he went to his chiropractor to get his neck worked on, the chiro somehow occluded an artery in his neck and the guy had a cardiac arrest :ohmy: And apparently chiropractor stuff ups are not that uncommon.

Oh and to answer your question - don't muck around when it comes to headaches - go see your doctor!!!

mandy1973 said:

Don't trust chiropractors...I work in ICU, and a couple of weeks ago we had a guy die because he went to his chiropractor to get his neck worked on, the chiro somehow occluded an artery in his neck and the guy had a cardiac arrest :ohmy: And apparently chiropractor stuff ups are not that uncommon.

Oh and to answer your question - don't muck around when it comes to headaches - go see your doctor!!!

I agree. Chiros can be a great help - IF you have a full understanding of the problem. A family friend always insisted on chiros for everything. Finally his spouse made him see a doctor and he had a cancerous tumor. He nearly died. It was spotted immediately by a regular doctor, but the chiro always insisted that his type of medicine was more natural and never referred the guy to an oncologist or did any type of imaging to see what was there, even though he always came back in pain. Sounds like malpractice to me.

I suffer from migraines, I am just prone to them. A lot of folk are. Sometimes I get headaches more when I am stressed or tired. Trying to diagnose yourself and asking people you know for advice instead of just seeing your doctor is only going to make you think there is something wrong with you when it's probably nothing at all. I find that as soon as you tell someone you need to see the doctor/dentist they love to share a horror story or two.

It could be anything... Tension, sitting behind the computer a lot, lack of sleep, worrying too much, migraines... Hope that you've been to the doctor's already and that nothing was wrong :hug:

Back
Top Bottom