Any spare prayers/positive thoughts? Send them our way please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
I really, really hate to post things like this, I guess because I don't like to take away from the other threads asking for prayers and positive thoughts but I have to do this.

Someone very special to me, Mr. BAW, Doozer, DeadMansParty and our entire family is dealing with an illness that he may not be able to survive. He is HIV+ and the illness he has contracted is potentially fatal for someone with his immune system.

He came into our lives through his relationship with our nephew and even though they broke up a few years ago, they continue to share a house and he is still very much a part of our family. Only a few family members know about his HIV status but that is slowly changing as our nephew has started to break the news to his parents and brothers and sisters :(

He was supposed to start on a recently approved drug but from what we've been told, it will only prolong his symptoms and he will eventually waste away :sad:

Those of us who were aware of his HIV status have always known that something like an infection could end his life but we never really wanted to believe it...he is one of the healthiest, most athletic guys we know. I just can't believe that someone who appears to be the tanned, toned picture of health could be dying.

Any positive thoughts and/or prayers would be greatly appreciated.

We :heart: you Shawn

That's terrible. I'm so sorry. :( Prayers for all of you definately coming your way.

And please dont feel like your personal issues are less important than anyone else's. :hug:

Hey - don't ever feel bad about asking for support. :hug: Of course your problems are just as important as everyone elses. :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - that's terrible news, and I will pray for you. You and your friend are in my thoughts. Anytime you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me - I don't know if that helps at all, it's probably quite a useless thing to say, but I'm there if you need a friend - and I'm sure there are many others here who will say the same to you.

Take care :hug:

I will keep you all in my prayers
hands.gif

:hug: Char, Rick, Doozer & friend - your problems are just as valid & important to us as anyone else's! :hug:
Prayers & good vibes from the East Coast are headed your way!

:heart: ,
Blu

I'm sending good vibes and kind thoughts your way.

thanks everyone! i appreciate your thoughts and prayers, as do char and rick.

shawn has been in our family for almost 10 years now and we can only hope for the best. hopefully he will react postively to his treatment and will be with us for awhile longer.

I have no spare positive thoughts, I am fresh out for myself too, but I do send :hug: and best wishes too all.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. :sad: You, your friend and everyone involved are in my prayers. I'll start praying after I type this. God bless you.:hug:

You guys are really amazing...thank you so much for the prayers and good thoughts. Our family is very lucky to have such supportive friends :heart: :hug:

Statistically, the odds aren't good but I do believe in miracles...and hopefully because he was in such good physical condition before this diagnosis, he may be strong enough to fight it. If not, I just pray that he doesn't suffer for too long :(

Sicy - thank you again :hug: :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom