Another Krispy Kreme Confession Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I just got back. Randomly decided to stop by Krispy Kreme (haven't been there for a long while :| ), because I *heard* the news about their new low-fat/low-carb formula... of course, i didn't know when they'd implement it.

So i'm at the drive-thru, kinda cravin' for glazed chocolate cake... I see glazed regulars are $0.79 apiece and assorted at $0.89 apiece (... that's a far cry from $0.35/$0.45 4 years ago)...

Then I see a dozen assorted for $6.99 PLUS A TUESDAY SPECIAL for FREE REGULAR GLAZED DOZEN. :uhoh:

So i figured, assorted doughnuts at $6.99 a dozen, is about $0.5825 apiece... whereas if I got that free dozen, that'd be 24 doughnuts for $6.99, which computes to $0.29 apiece. :eek:

I can't handle anymore than 3 Krispy Kreme doughnuts at one sitting... or I'll feel :sick: and :barf: due to all the sugar rush.

What's even sadder... is my health condition in which my cholesterol is skyhigh. :yikes:

Arrrrggggh... damn economic conscience :angry:

At least I'll die a sweet death. :|

Last edited:
My boss brings in warm and fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts every friday :drool: I told him he needs to stop cos I won't fit into my wedding dress! LOL

~LadyLemon~ said:
I still have never had one of those damn things.

:|

Sweet dreams....

neither have i.

i think the nearest one to here is in connecticut.

The glazed chocolate cake is my favorite...
I had some sort of coffee cake filled with caramel donut the other night...
must go back...
cannot fit in jeans anymore.
:banghead:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
chris rock calls 'em "cracky creams," 'cause they're so good and addicting, that if they came out tommorow and said that the secret ingredient was crack, he would not be surprised.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok I'm the weirdo. I like to partake of the Kreme, but I'm a Redi-Whip junkie :D Especially extra creamy. I buy a can, and it turns into aerosol propelled dessert :heart:. Got a can down in the fridge now. :drool: I know, I'm weird. :p

OctoberTrees said:
Ok I'm the weirdo. I like to partake of the Kreme, but I'm a Redi-Whip junkie :D Especially extra creamy. I buy a can, and it turns into aerosol propelled dessert :heart:. Got a can down in the fridge now. :drool: I know, I'm weird. :p

What's so weird about that? Have you tried the chocolate? :up: ;)

Ohhhh I have to restrain myself from the choccie LOL. There is just something so much better about the Redi than Cool Whip. It just seems fresher lol. Last night I almost choked taking a hit off the can. :huh:

I just had an idea........maple flavoured whip cream. HEAVEN :heart:

I remember in high school, my friend and I went to the grocery store and bought a can of Redi-Whip. We then proceeded to drive around and pass the can back and forth until it was all gone.

:drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool:
mmmm - krispy kreme! thank God i live in the state they originated in & can get them any time of day or night. matter of fact, there's one only 5 minutes from my house - i should go see if the "Hot Doughnuts" light is on!! :up:

:drool: First time I ever had KK's was when they built the first on in Las Vegas! Never heard of it before..bu then, I am from LA!:wink: Good stuff when the light is on & blinking!! Yumm!:drool:

Krispy Kreme Facing Shareholder Lawsuits

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. (NYSE:KKD - news), which said last week that the low-carb diet trend has hurt sales, faces shareholder lawsuits alleging it misled investors about the direction its business was headed.

In a statement on Friday, Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania-based law firm Schiffrin & Barroway LLP said it filed a suit in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina on behalf of all purchasers of Krispy Kreme shares from August 21, 2003 through May 7, 2004.

The complaint names members of Krispy Kreme's senior management as defendants, and charges that they disregarded signs that the company had expanded too quickly, that its wholesale business undermined sales at its retail stores, and that it faced stiff competition from rival doughnut chain Dunkin' Donuts.

According to the statement, the suit also alleges that "the company ineptly accounted for how their bottom line would be affected by the popular low-carbohydrate diets; first by claiming that the trend would have no influence, and then by over-exaggerating the effect of the diet fad."

New York-based law firm Geller Rudman PLLC also said on Friday that it filed a similar lawsuit. And, earlier this week New York law firm Milberg Weiss Bershad & Schulman LLP also said it filed a lawsuit on behalf of Krispy Kreme shareholders.

In a statement, Krispy Kreme said it has not yet received the complaints, but said the allegations in the law firms' press releases "are completely without merit and we will aggressively defend ourselves against the charges."

Krispy Kreme, based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, last week warned that consumer fascination with low-carbohydrate diets such as the Atkins and South Beach would dampen profits and cut its expansion plans.

Krispy Kreme shares edged down 56 cents, or 2.6 percent, to close at $20.76 Friday on the New York Stock Exchange (news - web sites). The stock has lost over a third of its value since the company's profit warning last week.

Back
Top Bottom