Another Juicy Confession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soul Always

Acrobat
I am anti-social, and I admit it.:| People never fail to disappoint me, irritate me, anger me, or bore me. Yes, in general. With one shining exception...my husband. I found an extraordinary friend in him. I need new friends and a new perspective. The only thing I am jaded about in the world is people. I admit it...I'm anti-social. The key to making your weaknesses your strengths is to admit it. Like it says in the scriptures "we are given weaknesses to keep us humble." I think Bono said something like "it's not what is weak but what makes you strong."

I believe everyone is equal but some people don't fit. I need to find friends who add value to me.

Anyway...this is a reaction to accumulative experiences. My true confession, so don't put it down.

:D I'm an anti-social girl too... sometimes I'm mean with people just because, and when I find annoying people i can be so sarcastic :huh:...

Also I always have a bad attitude when I met people for the first time. cuz i'm really shy. My best friend says that she was affraid of me the first day she saw me, cuz i looked agresive with other people... I was just protecting myself...

U2zoogirl said:
:D I'm an anti-social girl too... sometimes I'm mean with people just because, and when I find annoying people i can be so sarcastic :huh:...

Also I always have a bad attitude when I met people for the first time. cuz i'm really shy. My best friend says that she was affraid of me the first day she saw me, cuz i looked agresive with other people... I was just protecting myself...

Woo-hoo!:applaud: It's good to hear. There is nothing wrong with it, really. There is room in this world for everybody.

I am mean on purpose, too, when people irritate me, which doesn't take long.:lmao: I am bitterly antagonistic but try to hide it (like everyone else is hiding things under smiles and courtesy and even laughing when you're supposed to laugh.)

I also dislike meeting people, hanging out with them, especially if I don't know them. I don't want to get to know them because it never fails...I usually end up not liking them for some reason. Oh, I can find the good in people, but I can always find some reason not to like somebody. This totally reminds me of a Seinfield episode when one of the guys talks about how he can always find a reason not to like a girl...for instance, the last girl smelled like soup.:lmao:

I may be anti-social, but I'm happy. Go figure.

I too think that people are afraid of me until they get to know me. It took my mother-in-law years before the look of trepidation or uncertainty went out of her eyes around me and now she seems genuinely relaxed. Yeah, I think they think I'm going to spring on them...which, definitely, is in my potential...verbally, and in belief.

My husband says I'm a firecracker and people can sense that in me...that the slightest thing could set me off so they're afraid of me.:lmao: Which is so true...even though I often keep it inside in public. But, I think they can feel that furnace brewing underneath. And the thing is...ironically, I'm really quite nice to know if you get to know me, if you can get past the wimpy fear, and if I can tolerate you. The amazing thing is that some people have. Some people I've even found a connection with and outright like no matter how much we may disagree. But, in general, I don't like people, and often aren't even interested in them.

I judge quickly, that's for sure. But, I'm very astute and right-on. My husband says that I'm good at knowing exactly what other people need. And, I'll add, I'm good at knowing exactly what people are, how they are, and what I like and what I wouldn't like. I know myself too well to accept what I don't want, and I know other people too well to ever genuinely like them. Comes from years of experience, observance, a gift I have of knowing people and what's best for them, and deep retrospection.

Last edited:
Soul Always said:

I too think that people are afraid of me until they get to know me. It took my mother-in-law years before the look of trepidation or uncertainty went out of her eyes around me and now she seems genuinely relaxed. Yeah, I think they think I'm going to spring on them...which, definitely, is in my potential...verbally, and in belief.

My husband says I'm a firecracker and people can sense that in me...that the slightest thing could set me off so they're afraid of me.:lmao: Which is so true...even though I often keep it inside in public. But, I think they can feel that furnace brewing underneath. And the thing is...ironically, I'm really quite nice to know if you get to know me, if you can get past the wimpy fear, and if I like you. The amazing thing is that some people have.

when I was 14 i was passing through that odd stage... and I was a lonely child... I used to dress like a boy with big clothes, all in black and I was very rude, i still am... the moms of the few friends I had they looked at me like "what the hell is wrong with that girl", even my mom was affraid of me I guess :D...

the thing is.. now I dress like, well, almost like a normal person, and I say "please" and "thank you" now, but I don't know, that doesn't work!! some guys I met said that they were affraid of me and moms don't like me :laugh: .

sometimes I am anti- social cuz I'm afraid of not being accepted, but sometimes I mean it. I'm not proud of this but one day I make a guy cry just because he was so irritating, he was "chasing" me for so many time that I just get tired and acted in a very nasty way...

Last edited:
I like being around people .. I confess ..I guess it goes with the career path I chose cause I am constantly around people at events and fundraisers and dinners I can't get away from that well I could but I like it.. I like having people around.. thats probably compensating for something ..maybe I should have been a rock star with thousands of people screaming my name.. My boyfriend on the other hand is more the anti-social type..I'll talk to anybody , he on the other hand only likes to talk with people he knows .. he is sort of shy I guess

Having said all that I am inwardly private that is most of the times people wont know if there is something going on with me or bothering me. I've had the same close knit group of friends since I can remember who are the next thing to my family well really they are family

I have the opposite problem. I like people too much and am really hard on myself if I find myself not liking someone for some reason. If I think someone doesn't like me, I obsess over it and go out of my way to try to get them to like me. I spend a lot of time by myself not because I don't like people, but because I think they don't like me. :slant:

I'm also a very anti-social person too. I also hide behind anger, people are usually afraid of me until they meet me and see how polite I am and stuff and then they love me. Since I'm so shy and quiet people always treated me like an idiot and as time passed by and I got a little older I end up getting really angry, sometimes I wish I could control myself a little more but it doesn?t happen. I just feel like no one respects me because I can never really show who I am. The anger keeps people away but when they realize I am an insecure guy they disrespect me again. All of my life I always felt like people expected far too much from me, I don't know why, there's just a lot of demand for me to prove how amazing I am and I don't know if I'm that amazing. The more quiet and introspective I've become the more I studied people and now I can say that I love and hate people. Everybody is quick on judging someone and locking them into a clich?. "Oh, he listens to heavy metal.... he's probably rude and sick in the head, let's ignore him and put him down!" :mad: or "Oh, he's too good looking to be taken seriously." :huh: Then if I show a little intelligence it's like "He thinks he is so smart!" :crazy: I don't seem to be able to please anyone. I was never able to identify with any group, I never felt like I fitted in some particular group, sometimes I think that?s good but mostly it just isolates me more and makes me more angry. I wish I could be happier and less angry and especially less concerned, I get so concerned and worried that I think when I get older I just might go bald. :yikes: I think I'm becoming a little bitter and that scares me, I wish I could be happier but it just doesn't happens. People are so selfish, they only think about themselves and never about the others, there's just no respect out there for anyone and specially their differences. As times goes by I just feel like becoming more and more reclusive even tough sometimes the loneliness kills me.

meegannie said:
I have the opposite problem. I like people too much and am really hard on myself if I find myself not liking someone for some reason. If I think someone doesn't like me, I obsess over it and go out of my way to try to get them to like me. I spend a lot of time by myself not because I don't like people, but because I think they don't like me. :slant:

I do that too :reject: there's been a few times I've opened up to Sicy and a few others, whinning because I thought some Interferencers didn't like me. And that's just here! lol :eek:

U2zoogirl said:

when I was 14 i was passing through that odd stage... and I was a lonely child... I used to dress like a boy with big clothes, all in black and I was very rude, i still am... the moms of the few friends I had they looked at me like "what the hell is wrong with that girl", even my mom was affraid of me I guess :D...

the thing is.. now I dress like, well, almost like a normal person, and I say "please" and "thank you" now, but I don't know, that doesn't work!! some guys I met said that they were affraid of me and moms don't like me :laugh: .

sometimes I am anti- social cuz I'm afraid of not being accepted, but sometimes I mean it. I'm not proud of this but one day I make a guy cry just because he was so irritating, he was "chasing" me for so many time that I just get tired and acted in a very nasty way...

I think I always caused people's heads to turn, too. But, people either admired me, or they tried to beat me, like it was some kind of competition.

I just pretty much went away from society for the most part. I didn't tell people off regularly, or yell, or get nasty. I just turned inward and bitter.

TheBrazilianFly said:
I'm also a very anti-social person too. I also hide behind anger, people are usually afraid of me until they meet me and see how polite I am and stuff and then they love me. Since I'm so shy and quiet people always treated me like an idiot and as time passed by and I got a little older I end up getting really angry, sometimes I wish I could control myself a little more but it doesn?t happen. I just feel like no one respects me because I can never really show who I am. The anger keeps people away but when they realize I am an insecure guy they disrespect me again. All of my life I always felt like people expected far too much from me, I don't know why, there's just a lot of demand for me to prove how amazing I am and I don't know if I'm that amazing. The more quiet and introspective I've become the more I studied people and now I can say that I love and hate people. Everybody is quick on judging someone and locking them into a clich?. "Oh, he listens to heavy metal.... he's probably rude and sick in the head, let's ignore him and put him down!" :mad: or "Oh, he's too good looking to be taken seriously." :huh: Then if I show a little intelligence it's like "He thinks he is so smart!" :crazy: I don't seem to be able to please anyone. I was never able to identify with any group, I never felt like I fitted in some particular group, sometimes I think that?s good but mostly it just isolates me more and makes me more angry. I wish I could be happier and less angry and especially less concerned, I get so concerned and worried that I think when I get older I just might go bald. :yikes: I think I'm becoming a little bitter and that scares me, I wish I could be happier but it just doesn't happens. People are so selfish, they only think about themselves and never about the others, there's just no respect out there for anyone and specially their differences. As times goes by I just feel like becoming more and more reclusive even tough sometimes the loneliness kills me.

You sound a lot like me...really, except that people actually did look up to me and view me as a star, and still do sometimes. But,...I think that's my problem...I still don't fit it because I'm too big for them...and that makes me very bitter. I think I sort of have the perspective of a star, actually. I know what it feels like to be on top, and frankly, it feels very much like being on the bottom, just like you describe.

People truly do not accept you just as you are in this world, ever...and I too really resist labels and the cliches people place on people's heads. They see something about you, judge you, and that's it, closed mind, case closed. I understand...and it makes me really resentful and hateful. But, on the other hand, I have discovered my great potential recently and what I can do...how who I am affords me opportunities that others will never get.

So, it's hard to be different, but in the long run you get things or are given things that other people wish they had.

Im anti social too - and I work on a help desk. :laugh:

I prefer my husband and childs company and a few nutty friends of mine. I dont like having to make friends because of circumstances ie making friends with the women in my mothers group despite the fact I wouldnt like them normally.

i only talk to people when it's related to music. and as soon as the conversation ends, i disappear.

Soul Always said:

You sound a lot like me...really, except that people actually did look up to me and view me as a star, and still do sometimes. But,...I think that's my problem...I still don't fit it because I'm too big for them...and that makes me very bitter.

:eyebrow:

I want a refrigerator with an ice machine that makes crushed ice. :heart: Though I'll consider myself lucky if I have a decently functioning refrigerator that's under 50 years old when I move.

Both the fridges I have owned when I lived in my own house have been so old that they freeze everything so it sticks to the back of the fridge

One of them used to belong to my best friend's sister who kept dead mice in it to feed to her pet snakes

:|

:yikes:

I just can't wait to have a refrigerator where all the food is MINE. ALL MINE!!
excited.gif

I am anti-social in the way that I don't like parties, groups, or social situations. I never did but when I was younger I tried very hard to fit in and it never worked. Finally I reached the conclusion that I didn't care, didn't want to fit in and didn't want to be like other people that I really didn't like. If there's something wrong with me for that, oh well. My mother in law used to bug me that we never 'entertained.' She said she knew her son (my husband) was anti-social and it was up to me to bring people in. I told her I wouldn't for two reasons, one, he'd be pissed, and two, I didn't want them either. She moaned in disgust but she never brought it up again.

I am so afraid of meeting new people and having to be judged and scrutinized by them, I fear their rejection and wrong impressions so much, I'd rather stay away from them. This is a conclusion I have come to after many years. If my husband and I broke up (which will likely happen someday) I would not be interested in putting myself back into the dating market. I couldn't deal with it. I'd rather end up a lonely old woman in a little house in the boonies by the forest with plants on the porch growing in cans and cats and dogs all around. No, that's not a sad thing. That has actually become a dream of mine, and it seems like happiness and peace to me.

I will say though that as much as I have felt an outcast, as much as I have felt hurt by others, I have never and would never be mean or rude to anyone else, at least not first, and never on purpose. I hate and loathe people like that. I can't stand it when people have to get their entertainment or their self esteem from hurting or putting down someone else or annoying others for a reaction. I think that sucks. Mean people suck. People in general suck. I prefer animals.

There are a few nice people in the world, some of you are here, but I have come to believe they are the exception and not the rule. In general, people piss me off and are mean and suck. I have never left home with a bad attitude but I usually return with one. From assholes who cut you off on the road to the jerk who fails your brakes when there's nothing really wrong to people who think you looked at them wrong, nosey neighbors, judgemental relatives, and antagonists on message boards, I would say there are more shitty people in the world than nice. It's a shame but it's been my experience and no one who hasn't lived my life can lecture me any different. Give me cats and dogs over humans anytime.

Talking too much again, bye! :censored:

Last edited:
Good to see you on a roll there U2 Kitten.

I agree, there has been a tremendous drop in civility in North American society in the past couple of decades. Behaviour that would have been beyond the pale is now considered acceptable. We seem to be growing less civilized, not more so.

We can just try to rise above it.:wink:

U2Kitten said:
I am anti-social in the way that I don't like parties, groups, or social situations. I never did but when I was younger I tried very hard to fit in and it never worked. Finally I reached the conclusion that I didn't care, didn't want to fit in and didn't want to be like other people that I really didn't like. If there's something wrong with me for that, oh well. My mother in law used to bug me that we never 'entertained.' She said she knew her son (my husband) was anti-social and it was up to me to bring people in. I told her I wouldn't for two reasons, one, he'd be pissed, and two, I didn't want them either. She moaned in disgust but she never brought it up again.

I am so afraid of meeting new people and having to be judged and scrutinized by them, I fear their rejection and wrong impressions so much, I'd rather stay away from them. This is a conclusion I have come to after many years. If my husband and I broke up (which will likely happen someday) I would not be interested in putting myself back into the dating market. I couldn't deal with it. I'd rather end up a lonely old woman in a little house in the boonies by the forest with plants on the porch growing in cans and cats and dogs all around. No, that's not a sad thing. That has actually become a dream of mine, and it seems like happiness and peace to me.

I will say though that as much as I have felt an outcast, as much as I have felt hurt by others, I have never and would never be mean or rude to anyone else, at least not first, and never on purpose. I hate and loathe people like that. I can't stand it when people have to get their entertainment or their self esteem from hurting or putting down someone else or annoying others for a reaction. I think that sucks. Mean people suck. People in general suck. I prefer animals.

There are a few nice people in the world, some of you are here, but I have come to believe they are the exception and not the rule. In general, people piss me off and are mean and suck. I have never left home with a bad attitude but I usually return with one. From assholes who cut you off on the road to the jerk who fails your brakes when there's nothing really wrong to people who think you looked at them wrong, nosey neighbors, judgemental relatives, and antagonists on message boards, I would say there are more shitty people in the world than nice. It's a shame but it's been my experience and no one who hasn't lived my life can lecture me any different. Give me cats and dogs over humans anytime.

I like your dream. Really. That sounds like a nice one. I never try to fit in with people. And, as far as what people think, I have this saying I live by..."I'm not going to listen to what they say because they don't have what I want." It makes sense, if you think about it. I mean, if you really THINK about it. You don't want to be taking advice from someone who isn't where you want to be.

I'm not an outwardly mean person and I always give people a change the first time around IF they don't look like something I don't want to know right off, because some people do just by their actions, language, etc. You can get some pretty first impressions. But, most people you have to talk to before you can decide if you like them or not.

Anyway...people don't piss me off...some of the things they say, do, or don't do piss me off. But, as far as not liking people...I reserve that for people who have something genuinely wrong or bad about their character that I can't abide. I'm very perceptive to things that makes them bad friends.

Anyway, I like your dream. You're not the only one who :blahblah: . This is one of the funniest emoticons.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

We're also very similar. I can relate to a lot of what you say. Just one thing:
?If my husband and I broke up (which will likely happen someday)". What? No! I have not yet found my better half (and I hope that someday I do even tough it's going to be difficult to find someone who can really love who I am...) but if I ever do I 'll try to hold on to her cause it's very difficult to find the right person as I you may know yourself.

Back
Top Bottom