Another Confession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soul Always

Acrobat
When Bono and Adam were younger, like, say, the Unforgettable Fire documentary time, I think that they looked and acted sort of effeminate in their own ways. Bono acted so fey, and Adam dressed it.:lol:

Once I posted my favorite pic of young Bono and someone said he looked "angelic" which was a perfect description!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Once I posted my favorite pic of young Bono and someone said he looked "angelic" which was a perfect description!

Ahh. That's cute. I suppose you could put that spin on things, too. Young and innocent. Even Bono himself has said that he's seen some pictures of him when he was young and he was amazed at the expression on his face like he could go out and conquer the world.

So young and naive...and with very bad taste in clothing.:lol:

on the making of ONE (Best of DVD), Bono does a hand move that's SO GAY that I couldn't stop laughing about...
then I ran to my mom to told her that (she likes to tease me with Bono's politics and gayness), and she said "I told you"...

not that there's anything wrong with that... :wink:

PS: I know he's NOT...

pepokiss said:
on the making of ONE (Best of DVD), Bono does a hand move that's SO GAY that I couldn't stop laughing about...
then I ran to my mom to told her that (she likes to tease me with Bono's politics and gayness), and she said "I told you"...

Bono does a lot of funny things, which is one of the things I adore about him. For instance I heard that the heart sign he does sometimes against his chest is the American Sign Language sign for vagina. I don't know if that's true, but that's so Bono, anyway...doing silly things so naively, it seems. Also, his little rooster imitation he did on David Letterman during the Elevation tour when he put his fingers above his head and crossed his legs. Oh, I was so embarrassed for him.

I don't know what to think about him but I really like him for all the cooky, quirky things he does. And he doesn't do it on purpose. That's the best part.:bono:

I always thought Adam looked totally gay in the POP booklet pix. Not girly, but honest to goodness pure gay pride day parade gay.

not that there's anything wrong with that!

BluberryPoptart said:
I always thought Adam looked totally gay in the POP booklet pix. Not girly, but honest to goodness pure gay pride day parade gay.

not that there's anything wrong with that!

:lmao: :lmao: Love your description...and I agree.:cool: I don't know...I guess whatever honks their hooters!!!

If they're comfortable in their own skin and not afraid to be thought of as something they're not, that's fine with me. Do they know they're thought of this way? The next question...ARE they?:wink:

Last edited:
pepokiss said:

What makes someone's actions "SO GAY" and another person's actions "not gay?"

I fell as if you are getting "effeminate" confused with some stereotype you have of gay people. Stereotypes are racist and NOT COOL!

Effeminate: "1: having feminine qualities (as weakness or softness) inappropriate to a man: not manly in appearance or manner. 2: marked by an unbecoming delicacy or overrefinement.

You are right Zoney! Effeminate has nothing to do with being gay. I was referring to Bono's effeminate actions and Adam's effeminate attire at that time.:)

It really was rather unbecoming, at the time. But, they both sort of grew into their feminine side. And that's one of the things that makes Bono such a great person now...and so very sure of himself.

Last edited:
Also, his little rooster imitation he did on David Letterman during the Elevation tour when he put his fingers above his head and crossed his legs.

Statue of Liberty, not a rooster. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom