an assortment of thoughts + "a new hope..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the reply
i don't agree when you said it's not in my hands, but I understand what you mean

I can be happy with myself -- I'm, also now.

But I feel I did a mistake who could hurt someone else, and that makes me cry.

Better go and look for my nutella now... I really need some sweet chocolate because I'm getting too blue..

What do you think is within your hands?

And you made a mistake that could hurt someone else?

I don't understand what you mean.
Mmm..... chocolate is good though :)

I think I had the key to my happiness and to Vladimir's... but it's like I throw it away

I haven't slept much tonight... I kept on waking up and I was feeling so sad.

I thought my mistake was the doubts I express against someone who did not deserve this treatment from me...
It's like if the more I try to explain, the more it gets worst..
maybe the fact I'm writing in a language that's not mine is a sort of obstacle...

But chocolate did help a little :wink:
And this evening I am going to take my car from the shop!!

Yes, it is :wink:

wow, I came home with my new car -- I had a few toubles because it's a car I don't know and I have to take confidence with it... But that was ok!!

Hmm.... I wonder about the "firsts" you'll have with your car there.....

I wonder...... do they play U2 on the radio a lot there?
You have to tell what your first U2 song is!!

Quite a lot, yes..
Especially now: City is in heavy rotation!!
and also with BD and elevation was like that!

there's a radio that broadcasted U2 sogs at least 3 times a day -- and it's one of my fav station, because they also have great music, especially of the 70s and 80s.

My first U2 song... mmm, I think it could have been Discothéque, but I'm not sure. Also because in the period it was out, I hated it!!! It was my pop-band era, so I did not like U2 ... Yes, I was young & stupid...
But I remember that Starting at the sun immediately caught me!
especially the video, with all that light... I really loved it!!

What about you, For Honor?

I may have heard U2 songs prior to it, but I didn't know any bands names when I was young.

However, undisputadly, undeniably so, I know my first real U2 song. It was the one that introduced me to U2, but I didn't know it was them at the time. I didn't know who U2 was at the time.

The first song was PRIDE, and it is, to this day, my favorite. I guess I'm lucky like that, to have something stand the test of time for me like that.

Oddly enough, the first album I ever bought was a used Joshua Tree cd. It was through that CD that I found out about U2, and, lo and behold, they did PRIDE. So of course, since that time in my life, I've been a U2 fan ever since.

I never had cable, so I never saw any videos. But I saw the one for PRIDE once, but.... it was confusing........

3 times a day - U2 on the radio!!!
Man....... you're lucky...

I hear U2 maybe 3 times a month on the radio.... well.... I don't even bother with the stations around here, because they are so bad. Maybe if I listen more, I'll find a better station. BUt this is such an odd area............

And anyhow........ my U2 collection is growing, so, I just keep them on my computer here.

I finally got the full length, single version of Pride, that is a whole minute longer than the typical radio version :drool: Mmm...... I love the full version of songs. However, I understand why they trimmed it down.

(side note: if anyone has ever seen the U2 dvd "U2 Go Home", of them at slane castle (II).... or just watch the UF documentary....

You notice bono says, speaking of PRIDE, "I just want to keep singing.... ... ...I'd have it a half an hour if I could."

Now, now that I've got the single version (thanks to Interference!), I finally know just what he means.......)

Okay, enough about PRIDE.
But things like that.... things I treasure like that..... I coudl talk about forever.... so, it's best that I realize it now, and stop before it's too late!

:D

PRIDE is also one of my fav.
I used to hear it in the morning when I went to school -- to help me waking up. I had it in my walkman, and I listened to it while walking to get the bus to school.
It is one of those moments that I remember as a great thing of my school time!

the video for Pride.. it's nice! Bono's hair are absurd, but his voice is just great that you can forgive him anything!!

some people say Bono's not so talented, as a singer...
well,maybe his voice is not the best one. But the way he uses it! He just can make you shiver, and feel strong emotions!!

I had a look to your "personal", "all-in-one" thread.
I just read the first page and half of the second one, then I had to stop (I'm supposed to work...)

But I could not avoid feeling sorry for the confusion and the pain that comes out from the lines you wrote.

Maybe you do not want to talk about that -- and that's ok for me, of course. I'm not even going to ask you anything.
Also because I see that the lines were written some time ago and I do not know how you feel now about that situation.

I just wanted to tell you that I'm here if you want to talk.

Some people say that Bono's voice is the best in the world, too.

I can understand the contradicitons, though, because it depends on many things. However, I think Bono has possibly one of the best in the world (listening to how he sings "In the name of love" from PRIDE is enough to justify that from me. I can't quite mimic it as I would like..... but it is magnificent), and I think Bono has one of the best voices I've ever heard, in regards to male singers. Nat "King" Cole is also up there, but it is hard to compare him to Bono. I really like Bono and Frank Sinatra in "under my skin", though, I think that is legendary.

===========

About "FH's thread"...
Well, first, let me look at those firstfew pages. It's been over a year I think........... *reviewing*

Heh heh heh,....... I regards to the "sarah" that is mentioned, I think things have worked out for the best. It was really an odd thing, to have someone so..... attractive... interact with me the way we did. But I never had a relationship beyond our flirting, which was good for her, and probably the right thing for me as well. We are still really good friends, actually, so it's very nice.

But I believe later on in my thread, there are other things relating to her, perhaps.

But I will warn you, that I am uncompromisingly honest, almost to a fault. However, I filter out some of the things that don't need to be there, sometimes. But, especially in the beginning of my thread, the conflict of relationships of interest, of caring, and loving, and kindness.... that was a definite time of oddnesss in my life.

And one more thing - "Sarah" isn't the person I loved. I don't know if I ever made that clear or not. But my first few posts there, about loving, and not ebing able to sleep, that is about someone else.

Heh, this is sort of fun, going back and reviewing. I've not done it in a long time. I'll be happy to commentate on anything you come across. BUt like I said, I was very honest there. I don't have a problem, because that's how I live my life. If the whole world knew my actions, I'd be okay with it. I really like my privacy, but I've got nothing to hide - it's a personal integrity thing, I guess. That being said, you can tell that I was still in highschool. Looking back..... seeing my emotions is one thing, but remember how I felt, and the reality..... I was still an immature kid. I've grown a lot since then, but......... I'm still a kid in many ways, I feel, to this day. But I don't like being a kid, honestly...

Wow.......... I remember..... in my head, Ihad this whole theatrical production of this here

"Go ahead"

I don't know
"Go ahead"
I don't know
"stare everyone of them"
I don't know
"in the eyes"
I don't know
"I am"
I don't know
"Supposed to"
I don't know
"Dominate"

Heh........... that was the epitome of how I felt.....
There is no way I could bring myself to explain it any more than that, even though it is still vauge. But.... it brings back powerful memories, so, I guess that's why I quoted it here.

But this reminds me...... I should put this post elsewhere.......

Thanks for the explanation!

little changes in your avata day after day... :wink:

And "Drowning man" is an excellent song, IMO.

I woke up this morning just a few minutes before the clock ring and I knew I was dreaming, but I just cannot remember what.
I know I was in a mess and I woke up with a little sense of oppression -- it's awful I cannot remember what the dream was about!! I've had some flashes during the day and discovered that it involved the Italian guy I talked to you in the past, telling that I felt something for him. But I still can't remember what it was...
It's quite disturbing.

It happens to me all the time... I live dreams and then they disappear. Somebody told me I should try and concentrate just after waking up and try to rebuild the dream... But I'm always in a hurry so I can't do it -- it takes me ages to get ready at morning!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have odd dream happenings like that sometimes. But they come in periods. Right now, I'm in a dreamless period. But my sleep schedual is sporadic at the moment, so I bet that has something to do with it.

Drowning Man... a lot of people don't like that song, but a certain something about it draws it to me. That is a song I could see myself singing, and maybe even living. "Hold on, and hold on tightly...". And the way the music is, it's very dramatic, very grand, very epic. Almost sounds like the background music to a movie or something like that.

Makes me think about many things...........

Take my hand... you know I'll be there
If you can, I'll cross the sky for your love
For I have promised, oh, to be with you tonight
And for the time will come....

And take my hand... you know I'll be there
If you can, I'll cross the sky for your love...
And I understand...
These winds and tides, this change of times
Won't drag you away...

Hold on, and hold on tightly...

DM is a declaration of love... one of the sweetest song U2 have made.

I don't think U2 have lots of "romantic" songs -- I consider this to be almost the only one.

"I'll cross the sky for your love"--- yeah, this makes me think A LOT to the situation I'm in now!

"Give you what I hold dear"

Sweetness, kindness, gentle words to catch a feeling.
And a very nice one, too.

And the music is great. I love that Irish touch, that makes me always connect this song to one of my fav, Tomorrow.

Really brilliant.

Yes, I agree

That new avatar looks familiar. I think I've seen it somewhere before....

tell me about it?

The painter is a friend of my Boss!

Her name is Svetlana Nikolic, she was born in Zagabria and she's a very nice person.
I'll try to post a bigger image.

I LOVE your avatar!!
did you made it?

it's absolutely stunning!

344%3B8%3C2323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D9%3A%3B%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B53%3B75993ot1lsi

And voilà the symbol of my city:

344%3B8%3C5923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D9%3A%3B%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B53%3B879%3C9ot1lsi

This is the Duomo.

I don't know why I'm posting this -- just an idea of showing you a part of my city!!

:) wow, that's all very nice! :)

I know I did something on that structure before... the Duomo as you say...... but.......

could you tell me more about it? What is it?

============
============

Ah! I don't have the proper time to come back and respond to each of your posts, but I will!

They are all very nice indeed :D

lady luck said:

I like images like this... it is very geometrical, very... arithmatic. I'm no good in math, well, not really. (I guess I'm okay), but I'm apparetly a "visual Mathmatician", as in, I use some sort of logic or reasoning on what I find to be attractive, or what "looks right/good" to me.

I like the colors, and the design of it all :up:

lady luck said:
little gift for you

344%3B8%3C5923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D9%3A%3B%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B53%3B87635ot1lsi

That is a very pretty picture, if I do say so myself. I think I will have to incorperate it into my desktop. Hmm, and it even looks to be a bit seasonal, with the winds and leaves blowing around.

...she looks like a dream...

But I guess it's better to see one, rather than just "hearing" about one.... (........) ............

You'll have to tell me about who did it, or were you found it, or just... anything about it, heh.

Actually... it is so... strange. Strange that I see this tonight. I'm reminded of... things... people.

... .... ... I'm also reminded of ... a scare. I don't understand how some people work. For all that I know, all that I may know, I'll never quite get how/why some people work. But I guess it is a defense mechanism - to be able to love, or lie about it. To be able to let go so quickly. But I should remember.... it's an insecurity, thing, too.

It takes strength, and courage to love.

Well, I suppose it's pretty strange that I think of so many things because of that image, but I guess I can be that way some time.

==============

Bottom line: I'm very happy you posted it, and I appreciate it a lot. It's nice, I like it, I like everything about it.

Thank you :)

lady luck said:
And voilà the symbol of my city:

344%3B8%3C5923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D9%3A%3B%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B53%3B879%3C9ot1lsi

This is the Duomo.

I don't know why I'm posting this -- just an idea of showing you a part of my city!!

That is one impressive structure.

I don't know anything about it, I realize. So tell me many things!

lady luck said:
The painter is a friend of my Boss!

Her name is Svetlana Nikolic, she was born in Zagabria and she's a very nice person.
I'll try to post a bigger image.

I LOVE your avatar!!
did you made it?

it's absolutely stunning!

Yes, it is a very nice painting.

Thankyou, about the image in my signature there. It's one of those things that kinda just happens. I suppose I ended up spending more time on it than I expected.

But there is something ... refreshing about making something like that. I don't know. It's relaxing in some ways. It's a nice, easy, small thing to work on, and perfect to my liking, tweaking it, and just making it something interesting.

Originally, I hadn't intended it to turn out that way. But I saw that with the resources availibe, I could make something decent using that method. I don't really know what I did, I just used a few techiniques on this really small image-editing program I have. BUt I like how it turned out.

It's kinda mysterious
Originally, I wanted a big snowstorm. But now, it could be any sort of storm. Or even rain. Or just night, in a funky style of drawing. I was tempted to change the words from "Hold on... and hold on tightly. Hold on... and don't let go of my love" to "and the storms will pass... and it won't be long now" , etc.
But who knows, maybe that will be for my next one.

YeAHYeAHYeAH.jpg

You know what? The boarder, or the frame, aroudn the image.. that took almost as long as actually the image itself! It was a bit of a pain, but I figured that if I'm going to put a boarder there, I shouldn't do a really crappy job on it - especially since the actual image came out so well.

I had always wondered what other people would think about it, though. What they would see. If the could make out what I see, or if it is something different.

Tell me, lady luck, what do you see in that image?

There is no right answer, because all art is open to interpretation. And "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", as they say.

All in all, I am proud of it. It's one of those things that I want to look at often, but I don't want to overdo it, or loose respect for it. But I know that whenever I feel that way about something, it usually means I did a good job. I'm glad you like it :)

Sometimes, making things like that are very relaxing to me, as I said. Hey, and if you ever wanted something like that, an image to put in your signature, I'd be happy to make something for you. Or at least try.

Hope everything is going well for you :)

For Honor said:

I like images like this... it is very geometrical, very... arithmatic. I'm no good in math, well, not really. (I guess I'm okay), but I'm apparetly a "visual Mathmatician", as in, I use some sort of logic or reasoning on what I find to be attractive, or what "looks right/good" to me.

I like the colors, and the design of it all :up:

I think it's the same for the artist!
She has done a lot of works with geometrical things and she use perpective a lot.

I love the way she has of mixing colors and find a harmony in it.

I'll post some other pics later!
The one I showed you is called Entità (entity) -- and it's now on my desktop at work.

For Honor said:

That is a very pretty picture, if I do say so myself. I think I will have to incorperate it into my desktop. Hmm, and it even looks to be a bit seasonal, with the winds and leaves blowing around.

...she looks like a dream...

But I guess it's better to see one, rather than just "hearing" about one.... (........) ............

You'll have to tell me about who did it, or were you found it, or just... anything about it, heh.

Actually... it is so... strange. Strange that I see this tonight. I'm reminded of... things... people.

... .... ... I'm also reminded of ... a scare. I don't understand how some people work. For all that I know, all that I may know, I'll never quite get how/why some people work. But I guess it is a defense mechanism - to be able to love, or lie about it. To be able to let go so quickly. But I should remember.... it's an insecurity, thing, too.

It takes strength, and courage to love.

Well, I suppose it's pretty strange that I think of so many things because of that image, but I guess I can be that way some time.

==============

Bottom line: I'm very happy you posted it, and I appreciate it a lot. It's nice, I like it, I like everything about it.

Thank you :)

I found that pic on a free newspaper. It was the add for a show here in Milan about oriental arts.
I supposed she's Mulan -- or a sorta re-interpretation of her.

Knowing you like oriental arts, I just wanted to post it!

What I see in your painting?

I see the grey of a rainy day, I see the rain itself.
I think about an empty place I saw some month before, just on the area before the airport...

I see two people hugging there, while the rain falls down
And they seem not to care they're getting wey and cold, just because they're together.

... I supposed I am fantisizing (again) on my next meeting with Vlad...

I'll write again later with the info for the Duomo -- I am at work now (on Sat., sob!) and I can't describe it the way it deserves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom