an assortment of thoughts + "a new hope..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness, Lady Luck....

I swear.... I've been doing so much thinking lately!
In a good way though.

My understanding of the world, and how things work, it helps me feel more confident. Even walking through a mall, or along the street now, it is so........ so vastly different from when I was younger, or just "eariler" in my life.

It's like...... I'm building.
I'm building something but I don't quite know what.

But it's such a good feeling...

I think I have finally discovered what it is, what it means, to .... to enjoy learning. To actually feel good about it in a...... in a...... "happy" sort of way. I honestly enjoy understanding people, making connections.

I wonder.... I think that I will look into why I am "happy" about this... how I am...... justifying it....

============================
============================

Anyway, how are you??

In "It's Official", I saw a thread that your car had some..... some problems with it.

That's too bad.

ANd how's Vlad doing? Any word his situation?

ANd of course, how are YOU doing?

ARe you feeling well lately?

And also, thankyou for the information you provided inyour previous posts.

Ihaven't read wikipedia yet about that sturcture, but I suppose I will right now.

Take care

800px-Piazza_and_cathedral_milan_italy_1909.jpg

WOW - that is one impressive view.........

It is 157 meters long— 40,000 people can fit comfortably within. The main spire is 109 meters high. The great windows of the choir were reputed to be the largest in the world.

Amazing...

Well, I will say that if I am ever close by, I will definitely check out that place.

We could see, now, that the statue on the top of each was the size of a large man, though they all looked like dolls from the street... They say that the Cathedral of Milan is second only to St. Peter's at Rome. I cannot understand how it can be second to anything made by human hands. " --Mark Twain, Innocents Abroad.

:cool: :cool: :happy:

0020.jpg

0008.jpg

0010.jpg

0017.jpg

0016.jpg

whole.jpg

Absolutely stunning.
If I ever get to travel the world someday, I will certainly have to visit Milan.

Thanks for sharing that with me :happy:

Last edited:
This very moment I can't remeber if it is Napoleon or Garibaldi...

I'll tell you later!

I'm back.

Well, the statue in front of the Duomo is, in fact, Vittorio Emanuele, who was the King of Italy -- yes, we

were a Kingdom in the past. But we've been a republic since June 2, 1946.

I love the Duomo, is an incredible place. Inside, it is quite dark, gothic, and the smell of incence and all the

stuff there make that place really... spiritual!
I never saw a service there, but I will, sooner or later.

Unfortunately now the facade of the Duomo is almost all coverd because they are doing some works to

clean it.

Maybe if you ever come near this, you could send me a message and I'll show you this city.
It is quite enjoyable, but if you want to see friendly Italians you'd better go to Rome.

The car... yeah, I dunno what's wrong.
You know, I was so enthusiastic with it! and now, seen the problems, it is sooooo bad!
Moreover, I can't tell my father and I'll have to try and rearrange things alone...
He's going to get angry with me if he knew the car is not perfect.. He did not want me to buy one, so...

Vladimir... Wow, he wrote me an email telling they found out his suitcase with all his papers inside.
So, for now, I am a little lighter for his situation.
He asked me to look for a place where he could stay here in Milan for a month.
I am looking for it, but I've encountered some problems: this city is too expensive!!!
especially if you want to rent a place for a short period.
I wish I could take him to my home, but that's, of course, not the case.
If I'd live alone, that could be ok, but now it's not possible...
Argh!!
And sometimes I try to imagine how they would react seeing me with him.
I don't want to talk about this now, because it is hurtful for me...

Vlad also told me that he was going to film a play in LA -- I think that happened yesterday or the day

before. I dunno...
He asked me for a telephone number, so now that I'm at work I'm close to the phone and I jump from

my chair every time it rings.
I know that's completely stupid. childish & girlish... But it's like that!!
I'd like to hear Vlad's voice again...
The saddest thing is that I cannot remember its sound... And also is face is fading little by little, even if my

thoughts are for him so many times during the day.
I'm always trying to imagine what he's doing, how he spends his days...

Do you have a magic ball to see what happens to the people you know?
I was not so well this morning -- I just had a stomach ache and a sort of nausea...
I drunk some tea and eat a cookie with no sugar and fat... and I also skipped launch.
I'm just drinkin' water to try and leave my stomach alone for a while.
I suppose this is the effect of the party for my sister's birthday yersterday -- I definetely had too much

food... And then it's quite cold here now so maybe this didn't go well for me...

It was lovely from you to ask it!! ;)

What about you??
It was great to read about your learning process.
i think it'll bring you some good, positive effects.

It's almost the same for me now: I'm seeing everything as a mean to learn something. And that's a great opportunity, even if sometimes it hurts!

lady luck said:

It's almost the same for me now: I'm seeing everything as a mean to learn something. And that's a great opportunity, even if sometimes it hurts!

:happy: that is the truth. That is life...
Even though it hurts, can't you feel the energies around you?
You're living your life, and that is a tremendous thing.

distant.jpg

I wonder........ you know, I think it would be pretty cool if they made a statue of me like that somewhere, riding a horse in front of some grand structure.........

:wink: just kidding :wink: :)

I think I will have to look on the internet for some more photographs of that statue...... I seem to like it......

*ah, I've got to go make some tea myself!

Hope you feel better soon

For Honor said:
My goodness, Lady Luck....

I swear.... I've been doing so much thinking lately!
In a good way though.

My understanding of the world, and how things work, it helps me feel more confident. Even walking through a mall, or along the street now, it is so........ so vastly different from when I was younger, or just "eariler" in my life.

It's like...... I'm building.
I'm building something but I don't quite know what.

But it's such a good feeling...

I think I have finally discovered what it is, what it means, to .... to enjoy learning. To actually feel good about it in a...... in a...... "happy" sort of way. I honestly enjoy understanding people, making connections.

I wonder.... I think that I will look into why I am "happy" about this... how I am...... justifying it....

It is difficult for me to explain just what it is that I understand.
I guess "people" would be an easy way to say it. I understand people, how the world works, so much more, and it is fascinating to me. I'm have been a very shy person in the past, and I guess in some ways I am growing up from that, and coming out of my shell.

Most of all, I just feel more comfortable in the world.

**ah, I am interupted...... I will write more when I can....

^ from where I left off.....

I'm sure it has to do with experience. But also, I think my "feeling good" comes from the success I've had. I've been in a lot of situations, and... I don't know, my own personal philosophy, my own strategy of going through life and dealing with things as they come up, it's worked well for me.

I wish I could say something more specific about what I have learned, but it seems the more I explain it, the more words I use.

Hmm...

One thing I have learned..... is that the more I know, or learn, about myself, the better I understand my actions, and what I do. I've always thought that "the more I know about myself, the more I can know about the world around me".

And... I realize more now that ever... that we are all in this together, that even though we are... separated into countries and races and statuses.... we..... are still all human; the human race. I suppose that is a very significant thing. I've always said it, or thought about it, but I guess I just realize it more and more these days.........

you're experimenting life, doing experiences, feeling the world around.
fortunately, it seems you see thing in a positive way: the need of coming together, the importance of help each other... these are important things.
I am happy you're not one of those people who think they will... well, retire for the rest of the world, just living on their own, in their little spaces.

You can learn a lot from experiences.
And from other people too.

every one you meet can have an effect on you -- big or smaller, this does not matter.

and every meeting can change the way things are going...

... now I just hope that my nexy meeting, that is a mechanicien, will repair my car :wink:

Back to the Duomo: during WWII some bombs hit it and some pieces of it fell down.

They were rebuilt in the following years.

But I Know that one of the spires is still in the garden of a house... sort of souvenir from the war...

It's impossible it fell in the garden from the Duomo, and I dunno how it was taken that...

--------------------------

You said the Duomo looks like a Castle... nah, we have a real one here! It's very near to my workplace and it's one of the greatest places in this city!
It also has got a wonderful, big park, with the Arc of Peace at the end...

I'll look for pictures for you

lady luck said:
you're experimenting life, doing experiences, feeling the world around.
fortunately, it seems you see thing in a positive way: the need of coming together, the importance of help each other... these are important things.
I am happy you're not one of those people who think they will... well, retire for the rest of the world, just living on their own, in their little spaces.

You can learn a lot from experiences.
And from other people too.

every one you meet can have an effect on you -- big or smaller, this does not matter.

and every meeting can change the way things are going...

... now I just hope that my nexy meeting, that is a mechanicien, will repair my car :wink:

:yes:

I am finding myself thinking more and more of Bono, and his ONE campaign. This is the first time, the first generation where we can start tackeling major world issues. Not just that, but, we are becoming more and more a global community.

What happens in Japan affects the USA more now then ever, and it doesn't make a difference one bit that they are on the other side of the world.

I think government, communication, all things..... I think they will be evolving soon. Mankind has been stuck for so long divided into small groups, like children in their little play groups, but...... in some ways, I'm very excited about the future because of the potential we can have as a whole world.

50 generations ago, it was still the Roman empire
100 years ago, the industiral revoloution
5 years ago it was the year 2000...

I think people need to understand what a spectacular time in human history this is. (One could say that about any time, but especially now). I mean, even this here, these words, the fact that anyone on the internet can read them, and that they can influence them or you or me..... and I'm just sitting here in my room, about to do some other things..... but I can reach all the way to Italy, to Australia... That is a tremendous thing.

Of course, like any tool, the internet can be used to build or destroy. There is so much possible, though..........

Wow, saying all this.... I feel sort of happy to be a live at this moment in history :happy: Which is pretty good, because I've been accused of being one of those people born out-of-generation, or too late in life, possibly prefering earlier days "when things were simpler"...

And now I am thinking of "Beautiful Day"....

lady luck said:
Back to the Duomo: during WWII some bombs hit it and some pieces of it fell down.

They were rebuilt in the following years.

But I Know that one of the spires is still in the garden of a house... sort of souvenir from the war...

It's impossible it fell in the garden from the Duomo, and I dunno how it was taken that...

--------------------------

You said the Duomo looks like a Castle... nah, we have a real one here! It's very near to my workplace and it's one of the greatest places in this city!
It also has got a wonderful, big park, with the Arc of Peace at the end...

I'll look for pictures for you

:up:

Do I have a favorite writer?

Actually, this is one question that I really can't answer. No, I don't, not really. I guess Bono, the songs he writes - but I know that's not really what you meant. See....... I don't really like to read books, it often seems like a waste of time :ohmy: Hah, but really, I guess. .... I don't know. I guess I actually do have a double standard - because I write many things, but don't like to read books and such. I've never really found a book captivating enough for me to "have" to read it.

I go to the library a lot - I'm going again today, actually. And it's better, because now I know where to find the things I like, rather than a bunch of fiction and stuff. I guess I'm not really in to fiction. I don't like biographies, mostly, either. I guess I like things that I can use, or that will expand my mind in ways I see fit. SO I guess I do a lot of judging in regards to "what I see fit", but at the same time, I try to keep my mind open. Still....... when it's reading something for my choice, I guess it's best to pick something that you actually have an interest in.......

Currently, I'm reading a book about relationships, interaction.
And there are some others... but... I get a lot of books out of the library at a time. I guess I just like having a lot of options that way! Hahaha....

I like reading, but I don't read a lot.

I have a weakness for books by Roddy Doyle -- "The woman who walked into doors" and "Paddy Clark ah ah ah" are very good for me.

I read something by Salman Rushdie, too. His books are very particular: lot of magic, absurdity... but I liked it!
One of the first book I read by Rushdie was "The ground beneath her feet" (guess who suggested it??) and it was fun. There's also a small reference to U2, at a certain point...

And then there's my love... James Joyce. A genius.
I think I read his short story "The novel" at least 50 times!
It is so real, soft & passionte at a time. It's just great.

------------

How's the affair of the house going on?

Two good news in less than an hour:

1. My car is ok -- it just needs to have a good run on a free way!
344%3C372323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D9%3A%3B%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B66874746ot1lsi

2. Vlad wrote a short line, just to say hello and that he misses me!

:drool:

:up: :up:

I got my, well...... one of my "official" college letters the other day, and it is sent out already. Basically, it makes everything a little more official. When I get the next letter back, I'll have my rooming information at the university, dates I need to know, etc.

I can't wait...... I really can't wait.

Apparently there are a few kids from my school going to this college. It's okay...... I would like a complete clean start.... but *most* of them seem to be decent kids that I could get along with.

But I'm.... I'm going to be a very rigid person in College, I think. even more individualistic there. I mean, I've always been "my own person", but in school I was shy and reserved. But in college... I don't think I'll be able to be "shy". I see myself as being very upfront and very.... present. I'll still be reserved, but that's because I'm not a party hopper, and not quite because I am "shy" or something like that.

Over this past year, these past 6 months........ I think my strength of character has really grown. ... But I have to guard against being too confident, or arrogant. Too oppresive with my personality. I'm not quite sure how it will play out, honestly... My tendancy is to be reserved, but... if I see any oppertunity what so ever, I think I would exploit it... That may be a good thing, though.

ANYhow...

Yes, I'm looking forward to college

==========

That is a nice castle :)

ANd your car looks rather happy, I thinkg :happy:

*sigh* .......... I need to get a digital camera...... yes.
I'm slowly doing research on it here, on what I should get. What brand, what model, etc.....

I like taking pictures!

That's not a digital camera -- that's my mobile...

========================

More pics from my city:

344%3C3%3C6323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D9%3A%3B%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B66%3A6%3C35%3Aot1lsi
344%3C3%3C6323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D9%3A%3B%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B66%3A686%3A8ot1lsi

And here you have an artistic performance on a asphalt block that prevent you from parking

344%3C3%3C6323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D9%3A%3B%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B66%3A6%3B8%3C2ot1lsi

I am so happy for the news about your college, really!!!!

And I'm happy you're excited!

I hope you'll have a great time there, and that you will meet a lot of interesting people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom