Am I normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuvok

The Fly
Im 18 and have never kissed a girl, nor had any particularly meaningful relationship with one, which includes close friendship. is that something I should be concerned about, or should I just carry on as normal and see what happens?

Tuvok said:
Im 18 and have never kissed a girl, nor had any particularly meaningful relationship with one, which includes close friendship. is that something I should be concerned about, or should I just carry on as normal and see what happens?

Don't worry about it. Totally normal for a lot of people, me included. :yes:

There's nothing wrong with quality over quantity.

If kissing a girl was really an important thing to you, you would have done it by now.

:shrug:

Why do you want to descend to mere normalcy? Go for the cool eccentric. :yes:

You are very much normal :). Some people are just late bloomers which is nothing wrong with that! I was about 21 before I was in my first meaningful relationship. When it's time than it will happen :).

I didn't have a serious relationship until my second semester of college (I was 18). Before that, I'd dated one guy for about 8 months in 8th/9th grade, but that was such a typical adolescent relationship, I don't really count it! All through high school, guys/dating/kissing were at the bottom of my list of priorities. I kinda lucked out since I went to a decent sized school where dating wasn't really a big deal. Out of 300 people in my class, I could count on both hands those that were in a relationship, and most were w/ guys/girls from another school. I think sports was the biggest deal for most people (gymnastics for me).

I am 27.

Never kissed a girl

Have friendship with girls ( 2 :) ) - but not close one. I have very close friends who are guys.

Have went out alone with girl on coffee/movie - few times. She even told me "let go to a XYZ place". which is sort of infamous for couples kissing.

I should have kissed her in the dark theatre/movie hall :sexywink:
or taken her to that place :sexywink:

To be frank, I dont regret it. I think I am cool :)

Tuvok said:

join me in carrying on as normal. keep the noble tradition alive.

Normal is defined by others, I believe in defining yourself what is right and "normal" for you and not living according to what others want and think.

Just let things happen naturally and work on yourself..everything else will happen in due time.

I consider myself a pretty normal person, good looking, personality etc.. yet I haven't had half the intimate relations with women I should have. So no Tuvok you're not abnormal, we all go about things in our own way. Just chill out and enjoy yourself for who you are. :)

Tuvok said:

I'm the same age and in the same situation, I'm really not sure wether it's 'normal' or not:huh: I guess what everyone has said so far makes sense :shrug:

Understanding yourself can be a tremendous joy. I hope everyone can make progress in that area over the course of their life. I'm stil a kid, but, when you really "get" something, find out a part of who you are, it is a truly amazing sensation, because you KNOW that you will be able to use what you've learned for the rest of your life.

Some things you cannot really understand when looking and comparing with others. So don't be afraid to find the answers from within, as corny as that sounds.

So really, I think the question is, "am I being myself?"
"Am I being MY normal?"

Re: Re: Am I normal?

the rockin edge said:

I'm the same age and in the same situation, I'm really not sure wether it's 'normal' or not:huh: I guess what everyone has said so far makes sense :shrug:

Same here. I'm a girl, 17, but I've never kissed a guy (well, once, but that doesn't count, I didn't like him and it was nothing special), never had a relationship... it seems like everyone around me is dating. I don't feel like I'm normal, but maybe I'm wrong :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: Am I normal?

AtomicBono said:

Same here. I'm a girl, 17, but I've never kissed a guy (well, once, but that doesn't count, I didn't like him and it was nothing special), never had a relationship... it seems like everyone around me is dating. I don't feel like I'm normal, but maybe I'm wrong :shrug:

I know what you mean about it feeling like everyone around you is dating. I feel like that too, it sucks :hug:

Last edited:
^ Iget that feeling... but it comes along with a certain cringe, because for a long time, and still today, in seeing adults, I see "relationships" that are really just.... bad. People comletely missing the point, and misrepresenting things etc etc etc :blahblah:

It is seldom that I find an actual "couple", as opposed to people playing games. But so be it.

Personally, I wouldn't feel weird about not dating anyone, but I can see how, even more so for a female, that sort of pressure would be there.

Don't even ask it.
Sure you're normal!

Don't worry... first kiss and all the rest will get your way at the most unexpected times -- talking for personal experience !!

For Honor said:
^ I get that feeling... but it comes along with a certain cringe, because for a long time, and still today, in seeing adults, I see "relationships" that are really just.... bad. People comletely missing the point, and misrepresenting things etc etc etc :blahblah:

It is seldom that I find an actual "couple", as opposed to people playing games. But so be it.

good point, I see that too :up:

Re: Re: Re: Am I normal?

AtomicBono said:

:sigh: We're like twins, or something. Only I'm a year older. The first and last time I "kissed" someone (on the lips, at least) was when I was fourteen...and I only did it to get back at the guy who I really liked because wouldn't go out with me. Ah, the wonders of adolescence!

I don't really understand why nothing is happening now that I'm in university. :shrug: I mean, it's not like I'm hideous or grossly obese. Yet, not a single male has shown even a shred of interest in me for at least three years. And it seems like all the guys I'm interested in already have girlfriends. It's just not fair.

I don't know if it's normal or not. Eh, I just don't care anymore.

^ Well, something is wrong with your male population at that "university", then, Gibson Girl. Sicy's LS photo album clearly shows that you should have a solid number of guys trying to, at the very least, get your number.

:confused:

Oh I know a guy who's exactly your age and has never kissed a girl. He's normal :) You are normal. I f you really want to kiss a girl, go out there and do so, get into a relationship. But if you don't want to, you don't have to, what everybody else expects of you (that includes what most people do) isn't necessarilly what you may want. :) :up:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Am I normal?

GibsonGirl said:

:sigh: We're like twins, or something. Only I'm a year older. The first and last time I "kissed" someone (on the lips, at least) was when I was fourteen...and I only did it to get back at the guy who I really liked because wouldn't go out with me. Ah, the wonders of adolescence!

I don't really understand why nothing is happening now that I'm in university. :shrug: I mean, it's not like I'm hideous or grossly obese. Yet, not a single male has shown even a shred of interest in me for at least three years. And it seems like all the guys I'm interested in already have girlfriends. It's just not fair.

I don't know if it's normal or not. Eh, I just don't care anymore.

I've seen your pictures, you definitely are attractive. I kinda feel the same way, 'cept I'm not too good looking, but I'm not horribly ugly or morbidly obese or whatever. I mean, there are girls that are, well, less attractive than I (not that I'm attractive really) that have boyfriends, yet for some reason no one seems to like me :shrug: And yeah all the guys I like (well, only one really, I've liked him for practically two years, he's in college now...), are in relationships too.

Shit just doesn't work out.

We need to find some hot single U2 fans to date. That's what we need.

Back
Top Bottom