Alright, so I feel horrible...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggo

Blue Crack Addict
I feel horrible because I keep blowing off my second job. It's a teaching (babysitting) job at a preschool. I watch ten kids for two hours and get 10 bucks per day. Yeah, not worth it, IMO. But the reason I feel horrible is it's a preschool for kids with special needs and they have no other volunteers.

But after last week, I can't bring myself to go back. I've got another real job that pays real money and the stress of doing both is getting to me. But just quitting with no warning is so unlike me and the people who run the school out of their house know I'm not like this. I don't want to let them down, but my desire to stay faraway from there is stronger. I'm going to have to quit in a couple of weeks anyway when regular school is out and my regular job schedule changes.

Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest.

I would avoid quitting without warning, if it all possible, since they are lacking help so badly. If you know you are going to have to quit in a couple weeks, let them know ASAP. I'm sure they will appreciate as much advance notice as possible. I know you don't want to go back, but if you have an end point in sight, I don't think it will be as bad.

Perhaps you can try and find a substitute who'd love to work in your place?
Never do something you really don't want to, it'll only make you feel worse!

:hug: Just explain to them that it's wearing you down, do the shifts you're schedule for for the next week or so then run like hell. Your sanity is important too, ya know.

Galeongirl said:
Perhaps you can try and find a substitute who'd love to work in your place?
Never do something you really don't want to, it'll only make you feel worse!

I agree with this. Perhaps there is someone that you know who might be willing to take on the responsibility, or if you network enough you're going to find someone willing. I wouldn't just drop the job and leave the daycare place hanging, whether special needs kids or not. Try calling a local college or Jr college that has an early childhood education program, or advertise at nearby churches. I can understand how 2 jobs could be stressful.

Update: I told them that I was thinking of leaving and in not quite the words, but they basically told me to FOAD and not to come back, so...Whatever. :shrug: They're strange.

:lol: No, but the adults running it did. And they've hired extra help already. Whatever.

Well, if that's how they are going to treat you, no need to feel horrible about leaving them behind. :wave: Too bad those kids have such unbearable adults coordinating staff. :(

RegularBonoFan said:
Update: I told them that I was thinking of leaving and in not quite the words, but they basically told me to FOAD and not to come back, so...Whatever. :shrug: They're strange.

That's really weird but whatever, right? Done and done.

:shrug: well that's nice of tehm.... ah at least it makes the decision easy eh?
:scratch: but are they like that with all their workers? no offense, but no wonder they're short of em!

Back
Top Bottom