The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joha_U2

Acrobat
How many years apart are you and your special someone?
And what do you think about the age factor?

My boyfriend is 9 years older than me. I'm 18 and he's 27. :happy:
I know I'm not alone in this! :crack:

My boyfriend is 7 years older than I am. I'm 24, and he's 31. It's no big deal, I don't even consider it an issue. :shrug:

Im 1 year younger than my girlfriend , i think its a issue sometimes.

My husband was two grades and is three years older than I am. It's never been and issue, and as they say, boys are two years less mature than girls anyway :tongue:

Well, once I make my break into the music industry and marry Jenny Lewis, she'll be 12 years older than me. :drool:

:shifty:

We are only a month and a half apart from each, he being the older one.

I really think that age is only a number and nothing more.

I think the older you get the less of an issue it is...

I think somewhere between 21 and 25 life changes enough that you can relate to people older, there isn't the absence of life experience.

Of course it's different for everyone. But I've never met anyone younger than 24 that I think I could actually date...

Five years, I'm 37 and my husband is 42. I was 20 and he was 25 when we started going out and it never has been an issue. In fact, most of the time I forget there's an age difference between us at all because it has no effect on our relationship.

There is 6 years between me and my guy,Im 27 and he's 33. Age has never played a factor into our relationship. In fact most of the time I even forget that he's older than me.

I was 21 and he was 27 when we first started dating

The last guy I had a serious relationship with was close to 17 years older then me. It was never an issue with us. I think if two people are compatible (and legal :wink: ) it doesn't matter in the least.

I'm single at the moment, but I've noticed that I'm always attracted to older men. I'm 24, and rarely if ever do I find myself crushing on a man younger than 35. Early-to-mid-40s is where it's at. :drool: Emotional maturity is the biggest issue with me; I couldn't give two shits how old the guy is, provided he actually acts like a mature adult.

I've been married for 24 years to a man 13 and a half years older and i love him more now than ever, I met him when I was 16 and I think that's not legal, but he always said age is a mind of matter, if you don't mind it don't matter, but I always thought that stament was corney and redneck. :silent:

I am 6 years older than my better half. I was 26 and she was 20 when we met. We married within a year and it will be our 8th wedding anniverary this July!

Age never appears to be an issue nor should it be.

Incidentally my in laws have a 20 year age. That has now unfortunately become an issue.

I'm 7 years younger and it has never been an issue; I've always gotten along better with people who are a few years older or younger than me.

Yeah, i don't think age is an issue either... I've always been attracted to older guys. :drool: I used to date a 23 year old when I was 16.. which wasn't legal but he respected me.

my parents do have an issue with age right now (as I said before, he's 27 and I'm 18) and it's complicating things. You know, having to see the one you love 'in secret' is one of the worst things in the world. :( I don't know how to make them understand he does me good, he makes me feel safe, and has changed me in so many positive ways... :sad:

Last edited:
my husband is 1 year and 2 months older than me. I don't think age really matters, as long as the two people are in the relationship for the right reasons.

Personally, if I ever ended up single again (not that I want to) I think I'd go find myself a sexy toy boy :flirt:

Back
Top Bottom