after all... i'm a shallow girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
** sometimes ... in the darknest corner of my soul i wish I were popular... and to be noticed cuz i'm pretty...

sometimes i found myself looking at the mirror... trying to look better than i usually do... that's scary... and i always say that i don't care what others say about me but now i use a lot of stuff for my hair and I like to buy make up and pink stuff :uhoh:

I'm 21 but i'm acting like a 16 year old... is like a late bloom :scream: :no: I feel proud of date a guy who plays soccer in college and likes to date only nice girls (welll that's his reputation :( ) I like to flirt and i always compare with other girls, knowing that i'm not gorgeous that i'm short and I have no cheekbones... sometimes i don't recognize myself :uhoh:

Last edited:
you don't sound stupid at all. i am sure some people you don't even know about thinks you are beautiful. so don't get down. you should be happy that you like looking in a mirror in the first place. (some hate themselves too much to even be able to do that). feel good about yourself. and dress however, or do your hair however makes you feel good about yourself. life's too short to worry about it. you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders, without being arroragant or conceited.
PS: its normal to want to be noticed. and rest assurred that you are making quite an impression on someone out there, without even knowing it!

just by posting/saying this you realise that there is something deeper than on the surface , belive it or not it can take some time
and 21 is still young...so dont freak out.

atleast at your age you dont HAVE to do your hair or makeup to look healthy and cute
once your skin is damaged and your hair looses its lustre , you realise its not just smoke and mirrors

at that age i belive capabilities run high....expectations run low.

huh? I dont know what i mean by that....

alll women do what you do dear...in our society were taught to compete like that..it is so sad really...
cuz we get so caught up in it that we lose sight of our true potential.

i think i just answered what i meant by that above

Last edited:
I like this line from a poem my Dad has attached to the fridge (he's trying to make us read it every morning as a confidence booster, feel great about life teachnique)

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

My cheekbones are something folk always comment on, that's a reason people know I am my Mum's daughter. I wish I didn't have prominent cheeks. It always embarrasses me. My friends are all very tall while I am the shortest, I always wished I could be taller but they sometimes feel out of place being the tallest in a club and they can't sit comfortably on a bus. I think my sister is gorgeous and funny and has a lot going for her, she's really smart, has lots of admirers and has a really great boyfriend, although I'm not too fond of him, he spoils her and makes her her supper every evening and knows how many insulin units she needs when she eats. I was surprised when she told me earlier this week that she would give her right arm to be me. It's really strange to hear someone you really admire saying that to you. Even on my most horrific mornings when I wake up and my hair has gone curly and I look really pale my friend would still say I look gorgeous. Apparently he is constantly singing my praises and has told other friends I'm fabulous and great fun. He even tells people I go on dates with I deserve to be treated like royalty and is always telling me I deserve the best. I only like to focus on the negative aspects of myself. I know no matter how bad I feel about myself he will always try and make me feel better. As Marik said Life's too short. I know that there will always be folk who look prettier than me but I'm me and I have a great family and great friends who like me the way I am. I just have to listen to them more and take their advice.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to get attention and look nice but don't be consumed with it. You're fine just as you are. :)

naaahh..dont think like that anymore! I think that there is a lot more about you than meets the eye! how about tying to get more down to earth friends, and try to be happy about yourself!
You are a cool person!

I just went over to LS to see if you were one on the photo thread and I see you are.

I've got news for you Muggsy, you are pretty. Maybe not in a super model way and your attire not only leaves a great deal to the imagination but makes one feel guilty for trying to imagine anything at all. Still, the bored supermodel, I'm-to-hot-for-you facial expression and attitude never did much for me (well, ok it did on that Robert Palmer video, but that's about it)

I love that picture of you with the champaign bottle. Bless me father for I have sinned...

Back
Top Bottom