Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adams_Girl

Refugee
So I met this guy here on interference. We started talking on MSN and got on very well. He was very sweet and everything and it seemed like we had a lot in common. After a few weeks I realised that I had fallen in love with him ( yeah I know that you shouldn't fall in love with someone you don't know) and he told me that he felt the same for me. I thought that this was it, the relationship I wanted for so long. A few days later he told me that his exams would start soon and that he couldn't get online for a while. This was at the end of november. I thought he would come back online after a few days but he didn't. It's like he stopped talking to me. No sms, no email, nothing! It just drives me mad.

So....

What should I do?

Wait for him?

Or forget him?

I REALLY need your help cause I don't know what do to. :scratch:

I emailed him a lot of times. He didn't respond to any of them. The same with sms. Btw, I could tell his name if thats any use. Maybe he's well known around here

Adams_Girl said:
I emailed him a lot of times. He didn't respond to any of them. The same with sms. Btw, I could tell his name if thats any use. Maybe he's well known around here

That's not a good thing to do! Please don't tell us who it is.

If he's not responding I'd move on. He's not worth your time.

Sorry, I'm just a bit depressed because of him. I wouldn't tell his name. If he gets to read this he'll know that I'm talking about him.
Movin on might be the best idea. I just can't believe that he's doing that. I mean who gets up at 3 a.m. in the night just to tell you that he loves you?

hmm this is just a thought, but maybe if he was in college(?) he only had internet access at school... i dunno it is kind of bizzare that he hasn't responded to anything though. however, i had an experience once with my boyfriend moving from england to scotland and didn't hear from him for a couple of months cos he couldn't get the people to come out and hook up a phone line. And i had no idea what happened to him lol. So, you never know he may have a good reason. But I'd say probably for now try to move on cos wondering about him will just make you crazy. And if he suddenly re-appears again, well, then he'll have some explaining to do.:hug:

He's not in college yet and only has access to the internet at home but that's not the point. The point is that I know that he's online every now and then cause I saw him in other forums. That means that he ignores me or at least doesn't wanna talk to me because of whatever.

i think you should just move on. sometimes things like this run their course and it just wasn't meant to be a long term thing. i know it sucks to hear stuff like that and i truly hope that i'm wrong cause you really seem to like this guy but maybe it's all for the best.

:hug:

honesty is really hard for many people because it is often affirmation of those parts of you that are difficult to absorb. I'm really sorry to see/read that you put yourself out there and had this happen to you.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I've observed that if you go through extra effort to promote an atmosphere where the opposite person feels compelled to be honest, it often will work. I figure that many people are dishonest because they feel insecure within themselves about something. It is easier to be honest than dishonest but you need to work quite hard make a person see the merits of this.

Send an email letting him know that there is no price, levy or charge or tax in telling you what is happening/has happened. You want to understand at no expense to him. Tell him, that while the terms once existed that he owed you a justification, clearly today the terms of the relationship have changed.

If I really needed my answers, I would employ such a measure.

First of all I'd like to thank you for your advices. Its good to know that you're not alone out there.

@ Mickey: Since english is not my mother tongue it was a bit difficult for me to understand what you mean. Your suggestion is that I should send me an email and tell him that he can be completely honest with me. Did I get that right:scratch:

I'd say you should kick him out of your head better sooner than later.

....and since he has already been banned from here, chances are that he'll end up in prison one day, and you'll be left alone again anyway.

Last edited:
i fell in love on interference once... and then she left me...

11577cousin2.jpg

:sad::sad:

I would say if this person you really liked was banned, it was for good reason and I'm sorry but that wouldn't say many positive things about his character. My best advice would be to completely forget about him, change your email addy and your Interference name and move on. :hug:

I don't think that I need to change my interference name cause he knows me as someone else at msn. I think I told him who I am at interference but come on! He's a guy, he won't remember that :wink:

Back
Top Bottom