A true confession for a U2 forum...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
...I'm not buying the new DVD tomorrow b/c I only have $20 in my bank account and I don't get paid for another two weeks. :( :reject:

I'm not giving them another cent until they give us some decent fucking music.

:happy:

And before anyone gets all pious on me, it's simply that from about UF to the AB/Pop/Zooropa era, there was nothing better than U2. As far as I was concerned, anyway. The fall with these last 2 albums of dog vomit was a mighty one. I guess that's what happens when you have such a high perch.

Angela Harlem said:
I'm not giving them another cent until they give us some decent fucking music.

And before anyone gets all pious on me, it's simply that from about UF to the AB/Pop/Zooropa era, there was nothing better than U2. As far as I was concerned, anyway. The fall with these last 2 albums of dog vomit was a mighty one. I guess that's what happens when you have such a high perch.

The last album was weird and overproduced. ATYCLB was fine. Why on earth should I buy a U2 DVD. U2 are everywhere and anywhere. I can watch their live8 performance, or their live aid one. U2 have become predictable, no need for another DVD.

If thats a confession... I will confess that I called Principle Mgmt.

I'm getting the new DVD today and I can't wait to sink in in the couch and experience it all over again. :hyper:

I had an amazing time at the 2 gigs I saw this tour and even though it's no Elevation or PopMart, it made a great impression on me and I cherish it as a happy memory that I'd love to re-live while watching the DVD :)

Speaking of U2 DVD confessions...I got HTDAAB with the book and the DVD right when it was released...and I finally watched the DVD for the first time this past Sunday.

Bonochick said:
Speaking of U2 DVD confessions...I got HTDAAB with the book and the DVD right when it was released...and I finally watched the DVD for the first time this past Sunday.

Phil bought that, I just bought the regular CD, and then we traded b/c he said I'd take better care of the DVD. I haven't watched it yet either....

I don't have any prob. w/ the album or the music, I just don't have $$$ :shrug: Plus I was there on the 9th and have the DVD for the 10th so it won't be anything I haven't seen before.

I'm asking it for Christmas.

I'm looking forward to it because I couldn't afford to see them on this tour...so for those of us who missed out I'm rather excited to see it.

I don't know if or when I'll get it myself. I would never turn it down, nor do I have anything major against their recent music, but.... it's just not a priority

I bought the regular DVD today, but I couldn't bring myself to spend another $9 for the limited edition when I'd only probably watch the documentary once, if ever.

There's my U2-related confession for the day...

:reject:

I'll buy it but I don't mind waiting.

Years before I would have raced to the store to be among the first ones to get it :sigh: aaah times have changed. I can barely remember the Paris show :reject:

I'm going to wait until I've seen them, too. Personally, I like HTDAAB very much but I must say I've heard my fair share of complaints about it. The jury's still out on it, I guess, and may never finish deliberation.

I'm not buying it because I was at all of the Chicago shows and Bono sounded like a cat being run over by a car! :happy:

Plus, U2 fans in general are driving me crazy right now so, therefore, I'm completely annoyed with the band! :happy:

Plus, I'm not really into U2 right now! :happy:

Plus, I have a list of about 89 CDs I want to buy that have good music on them and I'd rather spend my money that way! :happy:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Plus, U2 fans in general are driving me crazy right now so, therefore, I'm completely annoyed with the band! :happy:

That's a good reason to take it out on the band. Nice chain of logic.

I'm done with these idiotic forums. A band board with nothing but vapid complaints, whiny bullshit about what the band does or doesn't do wrong, mindless speculation into what the setlist should or shouldn't consist of, and general badmouthing of all things U2 - on a site dedicated to the band.

It's a wonder the band gives a fuck about their fans at all.

You know... I've come to appreciate OOTS more now than before. But all because of you just sounds bad, in my opinion.

It soudns so repelling to me that I've never cared to get into the lyrics. That's the difference between OOTS and ABOY for me. But there were some good songs on HTDAAB, though, imo.

In fact, I guess I'll put that album on. Haven't heard it in a while.

frozenmuze04 said:
U2SavesTheWorld said:

I'm done with these idiotic forums. A band board with nothing but vapid complaints, whiny bullshit about what the band does or doesn't do wrong, mindless speculation into what the setlist should or shouldn't consist of, and general badmouthing of all things U2 - on a site dedicated to the band.

Psst...... I hear you... but it seems to be the same elsewhere, be it a team forum or a band forum. I guess it's people's right to express themselves, but... :shrug: well, I guess I really shouldn't say anymore. Just that I can feel what you're getting at.

Last edited:
frozenmuze04 said:
U2SavesTheWorld said:

oh please, it's a message board...by definition it's a place to bullshit. Besides the :happy: smilie clearly shows that the poster you quoted was being facetious.

Perhaps your confession is that you have absolutely no sense of humour? :wink:

frozenmuze04 said:
U2SavesTheWorld said:

Oh my God. I'm SURE.

You can say you are done with these idiotic forums but clearly you haven't been here long enough to know when someone is exaggerating a bit.

And, clearly, you haven't been on these idiotic forums long enough to know how to quote someone's post.

But, hey, thanks for the mid-afternoon needless drama.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I'm not buying it because I was at all of the Chicago shows and Bono sounded like a cat being run over by a car! :happy:

Plus, I'm not really into U2 right now! :happy:

Plus, I have a list of about 89 CDs I want to buy that have good music on them and I'd rather spend my money that way! :happy:

:lol:

frozenmuse, dont quit just yet. it's only been 173 posts!!! though you might have lurked for longer. and yes the bitchng and complaining is tiring. infact, it's bloody annoying. if i see one more person complain about being broke from having seen 13 shows, i'm going to fucking spit. i haven't seen the goddamned band since 1997, simply because they haven't been here. the mood in america is definately very different. my complaints are born of fatigue with a band who gives nothing. i am not going to justify to anyone how i reckon it is ok to whinge about the last 2 albums when i honestly reckon they blow. the last 2 weren't what made me a fan. it was the good stuff before that. not having seen them, but seeing others whine about the 2nd, 3rd or 317th leg setlists makes me sick.

oh, and dont get the wrong idea about this board. the negativity only totals a fraction of the entire site. there's a lot of good stuff and people on here. and those that aren't are great value for mockery.
:wink:

indra said:

oh please, it's a message board...by definition it's a place to bullshit. Besides the :happy: smilie clearly shows that the poster you quoted was being facetious.

Perhaps your confession is that you have absolutely no sense of humour? :wink:

Thanks for the back-up indra....but, don't forget, in order to post here you have to be a mindless, Bono-worshipping, band-whore in order to form an opinion.

NO COMPLAINING ABOUT U2!!!

ONLY GOOD THINGS!

::laugh: :laugh: Looalllszzz112@@111

And, before anyone tweaks out and says that I called them a "mindless, Bono-worshipping, band-whore"......
I bring you.........

Back
Top Bottom