A man and a woman cannot be close friends without...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ques4.gif

I think it is possible for men and women to be just friends...only up to a point. After you reach a certain point of closeness and friendship, almost for certain at least one of you is going to starting thinking or hoping that there could be something more.

I'm now paranoid about getting too close to a guy even just as friends, and what can happen if you try to take it beyond friendship. I started going out with a guy, four years younger than me (something I never thought I'd do), I was really good friends with--we'd known each other a bit over a year, but we'd been close friends about four months, I'd say. We went out for four months, and after the first month he started telling me he wasn't happy 24/7 like he expected to be so he had doubts about whether it was the right thing. So we'd have these crazy conversations where in the same breath he'd tell me it wasn't working but that he loved me so much. He showed how fickle and immature he was, and ever since our friendship has been on the rocks, though at least now we're talking a bit again.

Be careful about those friendships, I say...

I think it's possible for a man and a woman to be friends without wanting more. I've got several good male friends and I'm not attracted to them at all. I've been friends with them for about 6 years and not once has it crossed my mind to want more...

i think it is possible for people of the opposite sex to be friends though i think it's also a lot harder to be friends with someone of the opposite sex then it is to be friends with someone of the same sex (unless of course you're gay). i've had a few guy friends for many years and the hardest thing i've found is when you're really good friends with a guy and people keep telling you that you look like a great couple because it doesn't work. i almost lost a good friend of mine because everyone told us that we looked like such a good couple that we did try going out. luckaly we're still friends though perhaps not as close as we were before.

i think a big thing in maintaining friendships with a member of the opposite sex is if you ever do feel something more then friend ship you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to try dating them or do you value their friendship too much to ever lose them.

Three of my best friends ever are female. One I've know since birth so it's really like brother and sister.

Another I've known since the first day of college and never have those lines been blurred. I met her almost 12 years ago, I was in her wedding and now watching her raise two beautiful little girls with her husband who I think is a great guy.

The third I've also known since the beggining of college(ironically these two girls have the same name), we did in fact date for a year and then decided we're much better off as friends, I was a "bridesmaid" in her wedding and her husband and I have a great relationship.

So it can work.

this thread got me thinking... about a certain episode of seinfeld. why cant men and women have sex and stay friends at the same time? wouldnt that be awesome??? you wouldnt have to stick with one person, no one would ever 'cheat' on the other, no obligations, life would be a blast!!

its all because 'society' doesnt like it. why cant we all just screw around ??
society sucks :madspit:

starsforu2 said:
Hey! Me too! And... we're becoming better friends and falling deeper in love every day. :yes: It's a great feeling, don't you think? :up:

It definitely is...

Melon

I find myself hot over every attractive female friend I've had. I mean, I could just keep it a friendship, but it would involve a lot of hesitation.

Back
Top Bottom