A local newspaper tried to interview me....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha sounds like something i would do! I used to do that when telemarketers called. I probably would have given them a peice of my mind about the whole recall though with lots of curse words. curse words are fun. but not if my parents are home.

Telemarketers - Idiots!

Really wanna stop them in their tracks? here's how...let's say the next time they call and they ask to speak to the woman of the house, Sharon, Karen, Kathy, doesn't matter. In my case, it was "may I speak with Charlene E.?" I answered in my manly voice " this is Charlene..." pure silence.. They then try to go into their sale and I let 'em roll...if you have enough patience, just let 'em go and then say.."I'm sorry, I need to talk to my husband!" and then hang up....its golden.! :yes:

you've got your eyes set on RI, i saw you were stalking wankerman. and you've still got part of your heart in ohio with kariann's undies...

I'm a reporter and I used to work as a telemarketer! :lol: But I don't take offense at what any of you said. I always find an excuse to get away from telemarketers myself, and the one or two times I had to be interviewed for some publication I was nervous as hell!

so bono's shades,did you used to call people during dinner and ask them whether they wanted to switch their phone companies?

No. I called people while they were eating dinner so I could sell them a discount card to local businesses. The card cost $19.99 but could save you hundreds of dollars - at least that was what was in the script I had to read. The outfit I worked for was registered with the Better Business Bureau, but I'm still embarrased that I used to be a telemarketer. I only did it because I was broke and desperate.

Back
Top Bottom