A little help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
I think I've brought this up before, but dismissed it since it never happened...until today.

In the mail today, I got an invite to a wedding I have no desire to go to. Store time...
3 years ago, my x and I broke up. 3 months after that, my x and my best friend started dating(kicking me out of room to "watch movies" etc...oh yeah, in my bed nonetheless) The breakup first never was good, their dating never was good since my best friend and I were roommates. Things just weren't good at all. Anyway, they both suck and I just gave up on my best friend b/c he knew what he did hurt me and didn't care a bit about our friendship anymore.

Ok, so I'm not bitter at all really anymore b/c as you know, I have a wonderful/beautiful better than anything girlfriend of my own, but I really don't want to go to this wedding(another thing, Lies was invited too. Her name, not just guest).

1. It's in my old hometown in Iowa...barf
2. It would be awkward with friends and their families, I know it.
3. It's 8 hours away.

But still, I struggle with should I stay or should I go. I did live with this guy and friends for 2 1/2 years so seeing others would be cool...but seriously, I know this will be awkward and a part of me would say I should stay away for THEIR sake on THEIR day.

Thoughts?

Yeah, so I'm invited too and I don't think we should go. I mean, it's an 8 hr drive each way and we have nowhere to stay. I don't even have enough $$ for Phil's birthday present, so why should I have to save for gas, a hotel room, and present for two people I don't even like or know that well? :mad:

Dark FH says:

Sure, give them a present... give them a bird, or maybe one from each of you, so a pair of birds. Maybe even in an email

:uhoh:

=====

No, I wouldn't go.
Maybe I'd send them a card, in the "good sportsmanship" mood. Maybe a small amount of money? I don't know.

But I definitely wouldn't go.

Send them a nice card wishing them all the best. period.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Do we have to get them a present?

Honor the wedding in what ever way you can. If it is a card, its a card. Don't feel you need to check the registry and get that 8th place setting.

Back
Top Bottom