The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
It was about 11:15 in the morning of 3/22/04. I had just awoken from a deep slumber (stayed up pretty late the night before doing school work). As my legs carry me out of bed, I stretch my body muscles in return. It was, indeed, a good sleep...

The sun shined brightly on the outside, so in my vain attempt to lighten our own dimly-lit household, I decided to open the shutters of our windows. I slowly dragged myself to the ceramic tiles of the kitchen floor and peeled the jalousie from the windows. It was then that something caught my eye...a somewhat small, black mass laying in the yard. I had my assumptions as to what it could be, so I began knocking on the window. Nothing. I knocked again...louder. Nothing. A feeling of uneasiness began to subside within...

I took to the front door and stepped outside. As I begin walking, I notice another something that attested to my previous conjecture. There were red spots sprinkled on the pavement.

I begin moving closer to the object in the grass. Upon approaching, however, I see a small creature, immotile, where the dirt meets the cemented terrain. Mirthless, I hurry to the black body laying in the lawn. As I draw near, I find out the horrible truth...

she died :sad:

http://images.snapfish.com/33:3289923232fp58=ot>232;=686=798=XROQDF>232348974<842ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/33:3289923232fp58=ot>232;=686=798=XROQDF>232349797:;<9ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/33:3289923232fp54=ot>232;=686=798=XROQDF>232349797;23:ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/33:3289923232fp54=ot>232;=686=798=XROQDF>23234::66525:ot1lsi

From what we can gather, she got in a battle with one of the big male cats in our neighborhood. He's been pickin' fights with alot of the felines. It seems as though he killed one of Ms. Fluff's babies (possibly two...can't find the other body, though) and then they killed eachother off...his carcass was laying in the driveway.

We ended up burying Fluffy and her kitten together in the backyard late last night. I tried not to cry, but once I was alone, I couldn't help but to shed a few tears. She was my best friend...I know that sounds strange, but after high school and having a few of my really good friends attend different colleges, she was the only one that stayed with me. I'm not one to easily let go of the past, and I feel as though this is going to haunt me for awhile.

Anyway, the remaining 3 kittens are now staying in my room for the time being. They aren't quite old enough to feed on there own just yet, so my mom and I have the job of doing so (the vet said every 3-4 hours).

I plan on ordering a tombstone for Ms. Flufferstuff today. She was a good cat...God bless her :sad:

Oh no I don't like sad cat stories :sad: I have had plenty of my own. I'm so sorry :hug:

That other cat was mean, but it's so sad she died that way. She was only being protective of her babies. This is natural. I have seen very sweet, docile females poof out and become all teeth and claws to any other animal they see as a threat to her babies. Poor thing
bawling2.gif

I'm also very sorry you had to find her the way you did. I know that is a terrible and disturbing experience that never leaves you:| I also understand what you mean about a cat being your best friend :hug:

Last edited:
ai.

I am sorry. May she awaken in a world of warmth and love, and wait for you there.
Strength and blessings to the kits left behind.

I trust your vet told you all the care they will need especially with toileting? it's not hard but has to be done often...

message or email me if you'd like advice, I've raised several "foster litters" of mama-less kittens.

gee, that's sad catman. We know you loved her, that pic of her sitting in the baby high chair was so cute. Take good care of the kittens.
It's really is shameful how some people let their animals maraud around the place, un-neutered male cats really can be ferocious. There are so many feral cats in Australia, it's heart-breaking.

Hey , there is nothing strange about considering an animal a best friend, it's obvious that quite a few of us here do.
:hug: 2 u and your mom and the kittens:hug:

I am so very sorry. That is a tragic story :sad: :sad: She was a pretty kitty, a brave mother and a good friend.

It reminds me of the end of Charlotte's Web that always made me cry. Charlotte is gone and Wilbur has the 3 babies, and he's trying to tell them how wonderful their mother was so they could write it in their web. "That would take us a lifetime" one said, and Wilbur said, "A lifetime? That's just what we have." :( :hug: Take care of those babies and please keep one in honor of its mother. It will never be the same but she will always be with you in her baby. And you WILL see her again, I believe it.

Last edited:
Reason #5463728 to keep your cats inside :(

I'm so sorry for your loss.. I cant even imagine how horrible this must be for you. :sad: :hug:

I made this in honor of some very precious kitties I lost in a sad way I do not want to talk about :| :sad: I put it for my sig now and then so that they will never be forgotten. They haunt me always. Take care of yourself and those babies Catman. I know how you feel, I really do :hug:

kitsig.jpg

Back
Top Bottom