The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, Sicy... he?s a tuff one. Stay strong.

Love and prayers and POWER to John

Stay in bed buddy. Its not gonna take that long. Hope your can rest while you?re sleeping.

Ey, Johnnyboy, cosa fai? Stai bene. Ma va. Scusa me, okey e una piccola tragedia, ma non e una catastrofa. E. in momento ti senzi distrutto.... ma in pochi giorni staverai migliore. Lo so.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Hey, Sicy... he?s a tuff one. Stay strong.

Love and prayers and POWER to John

Stay in bed buddy. Its not gonna take that long. Hope your can rest while you?re sleeping.

Ey, Johnnyboy, cosa fai? Stai bene. Ma va. Scusa me, okey e una piccola tragedia, ma non e una catastrofa. E. in momento ti senzi distrutto.... ma in pochi giorni staverai migliore. Lo so.
Ditto that stuff for me! Some good Italian there!:cute:
Rest is what is needed here! And this is really just a moment in time....many days lie ahead for John....much better ones. He may not see it that way...but it will get better! Stato bravo, Giovanni!
Excuse my Italian. :rolleyes: I should know more by now after dating one for 16 years.:scratch:
Sicy do some:dance: :dance: with daafish to take your mind off things for a bit.
I'm praying for John to get out of ICU and back on the road to forward steps in his recovery.:hug: :hug:
oxox
Autumn

You guys are so awesome. I cant tell you how much I appreciate being able to talk and vent in here and have you guys understand and say such positive things.

Today he was kind of awake but all loopy again :coocoo: :|
He still has one tube that goes in his mouth down to his stomach to drain some secretions or some crap from the stomach. He hasnt pulled it out yet so that's good. He talked about the big lawn behind him :scratch: and bees and asked if the soap dispenser was a soda machine. :laugh: I really shouldnt be laughing :silent: He was enjoying me holding his hand though because my hands were cold and his were hot and he liked the feeling of coolness on his hands. He's like. 'so im staying the nite?' uhm.. yes and many more. Once they ween him off the drugs he should be normal again like he was saturday. Saturday he was totally John.. it was really great. They put a new cast on his left arm.. a hard cast and they took some more staples out of his ankle and I think his leg. The orthopedic parts are doing better I guess.. just this ulcer thing we have to get through now.

Day by day...

Drugs kick ass. When I had my wisdoms removed they gave me some perkacet (sp?) type stuff and I was all out of it. I remember trying to read and the words started to float off the page and I was thinking wow that is cool. :crack: :crack: :crack:

LOL man, I remember when after having my c-section, the docs gave me some kind of drug that was supposed to be mild (i'm allergice to most drugs like codeine or morphine), I fell asleep and i had all kinds of weird dreams like i was in space and there was some kind of Star Wars thing going on. It was a trip. I woke up and I was so out of it, I told my mom I thought I was in space fighting some kind of war lol. Anyways, I'm glad your brother is doing better. Sometimes we wish the recovery would speed up but we can only do day by day. You and John are in my prayers:)

Yeah its really funny to try to talk to him when he's all doped up. I think that's part of the reason he's fallen out of bed.. because he thinks he can walk or doesnt remember that he cant. I guess my mom talked to him on the phone this morning :der: He asked her if she knew where he was :coocoo: They took the last tube out I guess. I dont know how much longer he'll be in icu. I dont really care, the longer the better because at least they can watch him in there.

Yesterday his friend said he was motioning like he wanted a marking pen.. so his friend got the pen and was going to write on his cast but my brother took the pen from him and then started writing on his leg! :crack: So yesterday when I went I was like 'you're silly.. why would you want to write on your leg?' His answer.. 'there was a bee'. :huh: :laugh: Then he asked my mom and his friend why they laugh every time he says something. Gee.......... let me think.. :der:

Sicy Ive been keeping uptodate with all your posts here and i never reply- i feel bad for doing that

Your bro will get through this great- hes in the best place now they will make him better

:hug: Sicy :hug:

dont tire yourself out girl :)

Aww sweetie dont feel bad! You dont need to reply. :)

So I guess they moved him to a different unit now.. neurosurgery unit or something.. which is next to the ortho unit where he was before except the nurses watch him more in this unit I guess. I have to go check it out today.

I feel so bad for him though.. he keeps asking for water. But he cant have it yet. Poor guy hasnt eaten or drinken anything now for 4 days. :( He needs to get strong again because he still has to have another surgery on his arm for his nerve.

He was kinda funny yesterday.. the nurse kept re-doing his iv.. I guess they couldnt find a good spot. they're all used up or taken and he's like.. 'you think by the fifth try you can get it?' :silent: Then he's like.. 'dont I get to advance to the next level yet? arent there different levels of health care.. shouldnt I move up to better care now?' Of course.. he was kind of :coocoo: still but I told him that upstairs the nurses dont watch him as much so he's better down here in icu and he's like .. 'oh ok.. well then I apologize. yknow i havent eaten in days so im kinda out of it..' The nurse had no clue what he was talking about anyway so .. :crack:

Sicy...thanks for always keeping us updated :wink: :hug:

When is the nerve surgery? Any word yet?

-------------

Mom news: Everyday seems a bit better, but there's always setbacks. She's up and walking w/ the aid of a walker...but then the doctors found she had fluid in her lungs and around her heart, so they're still monitering all that. She's sooo bruised....her entire ribcage up and down, really painful looking dark purple marks....and swollen too.
At least she's off the oxygen....
Her wound ripped open, so they're sewing that up today and having a neurologist come in to run some tests (she fainted before the surgery and no one knows why).

It's just one day at a time I suppose.

Thank-you everyone for your support.

Probly in about a month. I do want him to be strong for that. I'm getting real tired of seeing him sedated. :mad:

I'm glad your mom is doing a bit better... it must be hard to see her in pain. I know its hard for me to see my brother in pain.

you always seem to know what I am thinking Sicy

I was thinking of John and that maybe I had sympathy pains ( I've caught a bug, stomach cramps, can't eat..I'll stop there eh? but it's painful indeed)
When hub got home from work yesterday I was a curled-up, shivering mess on the bed. He wrapped his always warm arms around me, it seemed to ease the pain and I fell asleep, which was a relief for a while.I was thinking of the power of touch and that got me wondering about John's girlfriend, how is she doing? (you don't have to say, I was just thinking it must be tough for her too).

So your description of him enjoying your cool hands is exactly what I was thinking... it's beautiful . And I was thinking of your mom and sweetest-thing's mom ( and I 'm not allowed to say, but anyway else's mmom who is going through stuff)Mother Love is unique, inexplicable.......:hug:
That will be a sight to behold Sicy, a thirsty man enjoying his first glass of water. I hope it's soon.

cass you poor thing! I hope you're ok.

Well John's girlfriend is... well a long story. :| She is not favored by any of his friends. I dont know her well enough to make a judgement though I've heard stories about her treating him poorly. But I wont get into that. He seems happy to have her there so thats all that matters right now. She actually lives in Nevada now.. so she just comes on the weekends.

I'm leaving now to check on him. I hope he can have some ice chips soon. :(

Hey Sweetest thing...I'm hoping and praying that your mom will get through this....stay strong...it sounds like she needs all the love and support she can get. :hug: Keep us in the loop about things, OK?
Sicy...glad to see that you're hanging in there...and throwing in some humour too...that's a good sign....I'm glad that spirits surrounding John are high....that will indeed help him in the long run. It must be hilarious witnessing your brother as high as a kite.:lmao: Don't worry...they won't keep him on the *ahem* good stuff longer than needed. The things coming out of his mouth...:censored: :shocked: :ohmy: :coocoo: :crack: :der:
You literally made me laugh out loud about the things John was saying and doing.
I still believe the :angel: 's are looking out for you, John..your family...and the sweetest thing...and her mom.
Don't give up hope the both of you.:hug:
And Sicy...you were thanking us for letting you vent, etc. etc...
VENT away. That's what we're here for! OKAY? Never hold back. Whenever you need to...head on over to this thread and let us know how you are..etc...
That is what friends are for.
Love Autumn

Well.. today's visit was nice. John was awake and alert and not crazy. I think they're lowering the medication now. He greeted me with a kiss on the hand :heart: He still haddnt been able to eat or drink anything so he just kept saying 'juice' to everything we said to him.. it was pretty funny It was funny because he wasnt loopy he was just being John. He could see the other patient had juice and he kept asking us to go steal it. :lol: He told me last nite that he kept asking for wet towels.. and then he'd suck the water out of them. :laugh: :shame:

So finally the docs came to see him.. they took out some more staples from his hip and said that he could start having clear fluids. Thank god! Shut him the hell up already! They said he was doing good. So he had broth, tea, JUICE and an italian icee cup! :up: I was like.. kick ass. He loved that.. he wanted 50 more. Then I told him he should rest cuz he still wanted more stuff but I was afraid after not eating for 5 days and this surgery on his stomach that he shouldnt have too much all at once.

I'm mad though because I cant find the picture I brought him of us. He's moved around so damn much it got lost. :angry: Luckily I have another I can make a copy. He was like.. 'did you check all the rooms?' He rememeberd every room that he was in and even described them. :yes: He kissed my hand goodbye too.. he was very cute today. :)

Yay! for JUICE!....and all the other liquids John had!!!
That's amazing!
I knew good news was coming! I just knew it! I felt it coming...and I have NO idea why! It's gotta be the :angel: s!!!
I'm so happy things are looking up, Sicy.:hug:
Wtf happened to the picture?
Did you go around and ask at the nurses stations? It has to be somewhere! Who the feck would take something like that? :rant: :yell: :crack:
Ok......*deep breath*...I'm alright. I'm glad you have another copy of it though;)
You and John sound really close....I'm like that with my 2 older brothers too. Whether you realize it or not....your presence helps John in more ways than you know...LOL...it goes beyond your "cold" hands. Stick by his side...and he'll recover before your eyes. Sounds like John needs you around. :heart:
And as I said before....vent away:censored: ....humour away:laugh: :lmao: .....that's what we're all here for, luv.
oxoxo
Autumn

Thank you Autumn.

I asked the nurse's desk upstairs if they saw the picture.. nope. I didnt check ICU yet but all the rest of his stuff was there.. its just that the pic was tacked up on the bullitin board in his room so they might have forgotten to take it down. Yes I checked the room. :mad: Its ok though.. that's petty shit to be upset about.. I just want him to get better. He even said he felt a whole lot better today. And that was BEFORE he even drank anything.

Its weird I mean.. we've always been close.. but never really emotional or showed emotional feelings toward each other so its kinda cool to have him kiss my hand n stuff. :cute:

very cool indeed Sicy, I know exactly what you mean

thanks for the updates....
me and my devious mind...some nurse has made off with the photo cause you both look so lovely in it...naahhh, it will reappear.
Cool clear water and juice and icy things
aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh:tongue:

I'm Ok, a 'passing" infection, no more...it's just the timing, that's a "bummer" oh sorry that's gross. I'll stop!

It's always best these things don't happen, but you can find almost always find something positive from a situatio. So if HAD gone to my friend's 40th tonight , no doubt I would have done something I'd regret in the morning...bit of mad :dance: ... j/k.

But you've felt the depth of your love :hug: Sicy
I'll think of a good joke to tell you next time, I wander in. Hope your weekend is a good one...ONE, we get to carry each other

Sicy said:
I found a sighing smilie.

:sigh:

:D
It's amazing how adorable these smilies can be.:wave:
The other day you were mentioning how we needed a smilie for a sigh...this one is pretty fookin close if you ask me::cute: But it's a sigh with a twist.
Hey...what the f is this one?:crazy:
OMG!
I just noticed it right now!:lmao:
AND!
What the f is this one?:bow:
Okay...anyhow.
Fascination is a good thing. Hey. What the f is this one?:drunk:
LOLOLOL!
About the sudden emotional connection you have with John....don't be surprised by it. Accept it with open arms. You came very close to losing him....and this is a bond that I think will just keep on growing. Hard times bring people together. Period. Now...multiply that factor with it not only being a family member...but a brother...a baby one at that. There should be no confusion as to why there is this sudden attachment that didn't seem there in the first place. It was there all along. It just had to represent itself in that way. At this time. I dunno. But that's the way I see it. :cute:
S'attendo. And give John's hand a little squeeze for me. Everything's gonna look up.
Love Autumn

another good day

John has graduated from clear liquids to full liquids. :der: Today he had breakfast lunch and dinner.. all soup but dinner was thick soup, coffee, pudding, jello, juice and ice cream. :happy: He's doing alot better. The iv is out. Back on vicoden. He only wanted one vicoden today. :up: He seems to now know that he's not going anywhere for awhile and that he needs to rest and get better. He doesnt try to get out of bed anymore.. probly cuz he's not on those wacky drugs anymore. He had a visit from a couple of coworkers today and they were asking him some questions about the accident etc.. he doesnt remember anything still but he knows what happened from what people told him. I'll probly show him the police report soon. So he told his co workers he'll be there for 7 more weeks. And that he needs more surgery to repair his nerve in his arm. I was surprised to hear him talk about it so calmly. I'm glad he's not trying to leave anymore. He's being really good and following rules and listening to things we tell him to do for his own good. I helped him shave today. Cleaned up his gotee.. he looks good. :flirt: He finally pee'd on his own.. :laugh: No more cathider. So things are lookin good! They'll probly move him back to the ortho unit soon.

Hey Sicy, you know what that juice story made me think of?

...is that juice? *licks lips and groans* ......can I have some?

Im really glad your brother is getting better.

Good to hear John is doing so much better!

:lmao: @ all his "drug" talk...

say, is the nurse he was trying to hit on still around? She wasn't there when he had his own room was she? Maybe she took the pic! ;)

:laugh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom