The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Christine...:hug:

We are all here for you. I recall scary moments with my sister where you were always there for me. That time I feared she was dead...you offered your love and support for me. I know how much that can mean. I'm always here if you want somebody to talk to.

I confess...I mentioned in The Goal Is Soul the other day that I had pretty much stopped praying lately and was starting to lose faith again. However, I've begun to pray again, and the majority of my prayers are for you, your brother, and the rest of your family.

"Stay safe tonight"

While it is best that you be with your blood family at this time, don't forget that you have another family here that is here for you when you need us.

Sicy,

There's not much that I can say that hasn't already been said to you. I'm so sorry to hear about this terrible accident. I'll be praying for you, and your family.

Try and stay strong for your parents and for your brother. I feel compelled to mention your compassion from your previous post...what a wonderful and caring sister you are. I know you don't know me as well as everyone else on Interference, but it makes me sad to think that you are feeling so much hurt for him.

Stay strong.....:hug: :hug: :hug:

Lucy

Dear Sicy,

With the rest of interference, I send my prayers and good wishes to you, your brother, and your family. I pray that someday there will be a silver lining to this situation. :hug:

With hope,
Jennifer

Dear Sicy,

I am so sorry to hear about this. What a scary thing to go through. I will pray for you and your family and a quick recovery for your brother. Thank God for modern medicine and the means to helping him, despite the long road ahead of him. And don't feel bad for the moments when you can laugh- or the abilities you have right now that he doesn't yet. He will need you and your support, optimism and help, so make sure you stay strong yourself and take care of yourself. :hug:

:hug:

So sorry to hear this Christine. Your brother and family will be in my prayers. Keep strong, you are in my thoughts.

sorry to hear about your brother Sicy, you're in my thoughts and prayers.
Hoping for a swift recovery

Mani

I am very sorry to hear what you are going through. It sounds like it's going to be a struggle for your brother, but he is young and healthy so he does have that going for him. Thankfully he has no head injuries. It's very tough seeing a loved one in this condition, I've only experienced this with my father, and it was heartbreaking.

You and your brother will be in my prayers.

Last edited:
Sicy I see good looks runs in the family..... and generous hearts and a great capacity for joy and love. If a picture tells a story, he looks to be a good man:) All those things help a body heal. Good luck to your family.
I have lost a very dear friend in a bike accident, but I still understand why people ride motorbikes. I don't know how to choose right words mate, but I watched a friend for 10 years , all he had was a head injury, he looked perfect just couldn't move a muscle.So I know what you are going through, just a little bit. I have never had one of my sister's so hurt though. Siblings are so special, someone you know and love from day one. Good luck to you honey.

I probably should email you anymore much I want to say, but I want to share this bit. here. You may have noticed me last weeK maybe, going back over old times, trying to leave it behind. So if it does help to hear of others experiences. I was in a car crash and intensive care for only 3 days and hospital for a week. You are so vulnerable then, but everyone wants to visit straight away to express their concern right away.I wish someone had taken a bit of care of my dignity , I couldn't do it myself. Each person is different I guess and of all things our mutual friend Bonovox referred to that word , take care of his dignity, he is rather helpless for now and needs your awareness and protection of his vulnerability.
Is it only the 2 of you? You must know one another so well. Oh Sicy...I'll email you one day and write, you need to take good care of yourself and let others do that too.

It is just the two of us cass. We are very close too. He's been in surgery now for 7 hours and will probly be in there for a few more. I guess they're working on his left arm and pelvis. His pelvis is really messed up.. it was split in half. They were going to just cut two little holes and screw it back together but they had to open him up. They had said that if they had to open him up it would be more complicated and of course more risky. He's going to have rods in his left arm and leg for the rest of his life. He wont regain full motion of his left elbow.. the joints are messed up and I guess they cant fix those properly. He will never be the same person again.

I dont know how much more of this I can take. Just keep praying.

Sicy:

I hope a full recovery comes soon for your brother, and my prayers are with you and him and your family.

Let us know if there is anything else any of us can do.

~U2Alabama

Last edited:
:hug: Sicy...

Just take things one moment at a time....

I know how difficult it can be to go into the hospital and be worried that the news won't be good from the doctor.
But you're brother has modern medicine on his side, and from what a hear, a great team of doctors and surgeons.

He's got a lot of healing to do, and although he physically and probably emotionally won't be the same, he's gonna need you and the rest of your family to be strong for him while he recovers.

hey sicy,

i really hope that your brother get's healthy and makes a full recovery,

(sorry, but i'm so hopless with comfuting someone)

anyway, i wish him a full recovery and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your brother

Sicy I'm so sorry to hear this... there's nothing worse than having a family member critically ill like this! I know when my father got sick it felt like the world was crashing down around me.

If it's any consolation whatsoever - a friend of mine had an awful motorcycle accident a few years ago, this was before I knew him and I guess his parents were even at the point of withdrawing treatment because they thought he'd never survive. Today he lives a completely normal life - and you'd never guess anything ever happened to him. His recovery was long, but he's as healthy and strong as he ever was.

Stay strong, and spend as much time with your family as you can - it's the best thing you can do right now. You and you're family are in my prayers. Hang in there!

Sorry to hear this.

I hope he will make a full recovery.

And I agree w/ what She Is Raging said-I have heard a few stories like that also. He must be very strong to have survived what he did, so that will help get him through this.

Sicy said:
He will never be the same person again.
As hard as it is right now, its important to remember, that no matter what physical ailments, he'll always be the same person.
If he walks with a limp or can't bend his elbow all the way, he's still your brother and no motorcycle accident can change that.

Thank you.. I hope he will be the same John one day.

Surgery lasted 11 hours.. they had to put all these little pins in his arm.. I guess it took a long time. I'm going to try to see him today and find out how he's doing. I'm just afraid of how he will deal with this emotionally and hope he doesnt worry too much about the insane bills that will come.

Thanks again.. that's amazing she is raging.. I hope my brother is that lucky.

Oh Sicy, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope the surgery went well. I'll pray for him. I'm sorry I can't offer any other words.

I guess the surgery went ok. He's stable but he's got a high fever now.. which I guess is not abnormal. He might get very sick before he gets better.

Talking to the social worker for the last half hour just made me want to :sad: :banghead: I just hope he doesnt give up.. he would be the type to say fuck it.. I cant take this shit anymore. :sad:

Thank you to Screaming Flower and whoever else was involved in sending flowers to my work. That was the most thoughtful gesture.. thank you :sad:

Have you had a chance to do something for yourself in these past few days?

Go out for a walk, or dancing, something to help you temporarily take your mind of things. Somethimes when things are too much :banghead: it's often best to escape for a short time. It helps you clear your head and organize your thoughts and feelings.

Don't be afraid to take a little "me time."

GOD as if 11 hours of surgery isnt enough!! He has to go back in on Friday for more surgery on his arm. :scream: It cant be healthy to keep him sedated this whole time. I talked to him today.. or I should say talked at him. I asked him to squeeze my fingers and he did.. :sad:

Yeah I miss dancing. I missed a couple classes.. but I just feel like I shouldnt be enjoying myself right now. I was thinking of going Friday night for salsa but friday is his surgery so.. I probly wont. When my baby is with me I feel better. He seems to be the only person that can make me smile right now.

:hug:'s to all of you.. you have all really helped me to stay sane right now.

:hug: Sicy

I know you feel like you shouldn't be enjoying yourself or having fun, but that isn't true.

Don't beat yourself up inside every time you feel like laughing or having fun. You shouldn't punish yourself this way. I'm sure that John wouldn't want you to feel that way either.

Sometimes it's good to do things to help get your mind off things like going out...I know you may not feel like dancing...but maybe something as simple as going out to dinner with Mr. daafishy or something.

So sorry... I'll be praying for your brother and your family.

Stay strong, Sicy... If you need someone to lean on, you know you can always count on us, your Interferencer family...

((((((( :hug: )))))))

ABEL said:

but maybe something as simple as going out to dinner with Mr. daafishy or something.

ABEL and daisybean are right. You need to take care of yourself and get away from the hospital and the situation. You can't help John if you're worn out. Eat, breathe air that's not hospital air, refresh yourself so there's something left of you to give. John needs you to be strong, and you can't be strong if you don't take time to regroup and renew. It may be pushing it, but you may need a whole day away from the situation/hospital.

Remember to eat. That's one of the hard parts.

Back
Top Bottom