4 Hour Emergency Trip & the $100 Cramp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
So yeah, last night my right big toe cramped up and somehow bent itself all the way pointing downward, and it stayed like that. Jim and I tried everything to get it back to normal but it wasnt budging. He said right away he thought it was dislocated.

So off we went to emergency, this shit hurt so bad I was crying. All the nurses/staff kept looking at it going "wow I have never seen that happen from a cramp!" So I got some x rays and finally the doctor came in and he looked at the x rays and he told me that it didnt look dislocated or anything so he was going to try to stretch the toe to uncramp it. Never have I felt so much pain in my life :| I have never broken or hurt anything like this this bad. So as I'm screaming and crying in pain begging him to stop, he stops, looks at the x ray again and goes "you know what, I think its dislocated" :banghead: HELLO!! Freakin idiot.

Here is a lovely pic.

Owie

So they started me on IV morphine and valium. After about 20 minutes I was feeling very relaxed and pretty damn good :drunk: so back he came in to try the toe again. It really didnt help that he was like "This is the most bizarre thing, I have never seen anything like it! I showed all my collegues and they have never seen anything like it either." GREAT!! Thanks for sharing that !! :mad:

So... he finally got my toe back in the right spot. I was so ready to go home after that but it took 2 HOURS for them to get me my pain meds to take home :down: Gotta love Kaiser.

So I have to wear a flat boot thing because I am not supposed to bend the toes for a few days (hell I cant even bend them if I tried, its seriously the worst pain ever). And I wont be fully recovered for probly 2 weeks. Not to mention I am supposed to go on vacation this weekend. No dancing or anything for me :sad:

My big toe goes to the right (45 degree) when I cramp...I usually walk on it for a few steps and I'm good but I don't suspect that would've worked for you...looks painful.

Glad ur okay and that I STILL HAVE TO pick you up this week...:)

Ouch, that hurt me just to read about it. :yikes:

They had to bend my eyelid back one time in the emergency room
to get a very small piece of dried up paint that got into my eye while I was painting our living room.
I came off that bed and almost kick the doctor between the legs it hurt so much.

Sorry to hear about it Sicy, especially before your vacation. :hug:

:(

I feel your pain, jacked up big toes KILL!!! I messed up a big toe at gymnastics once. The thing turned black, swelled to three times it's sized, and then drained puss/blood for two weeks straight...very nasty and messy. Luckily, when it first happened it was Thanksgiving weekend so I was able to rest it and keep my foot up high for 4 days to keep the throbbing senstations under control.

bonosloveslave said:
Freaky :ohmy: So you didn't bang it or anything, it was just a weird unrelenting charley horse?

I hope you still have good time on your vacation :hug:

I didnt bang it at all. It was just a cramp in my toe, and as soon as it cramped it shot my toe downwards. It must have been so strong that it actually dislocated my toe :huh: And it just stuck in that position, I couldnt do anything.

And it sucks because not just my toe hurts, but my entire foot. :(
I'm just hoping at least I can wear shoes by this weekend and that it wont hurt as bad as it does now :sigh:

oh sicy i feel your pain all too well.

i've dislocated my elbow, shoulder, and hip. my right shoulder and right hip are permanently damaged now :mad:

but i never went to a hospital, though i probably should have :shrug:

i did do physical therapy for my shoulder though :up:

apparently i have very loose joints and if i ever redislocate my shoulder (which is a good possibility) i have to get surgery. :yikes:

:hug: Sicy :hug: Big toes have lots, lots, lots of little nerve endings that nobody really notices - until it's too late!! :yikes:

I feel for you; I bounced a vacuum cleaner - yeah, a vacuum cleaner :) - on my left big toe last June. Literally busted the nail bed right on the spot. I have never seen so much blood in my life. :ohmy: Needless to say, the nail came off about 4 days later and I'm STILL waiting for it to finish growing back. Funny thing is, in hindsight, while the actual dropping of the vacuum didn't tickle, the worst part was after I got settled with my foot elevated & the throbbing started.... :silent: :censored:

Anyway, Sicy - hope you're much better in time for your vacation!!

You poor girl!

My right foot tends to cramp during pilates, yoga and sometimes sex :reject: and it hurts like hell.

This is the most bizarre thing, I have never seen anything like it!

That's the story of my life with doctors. And it's always just the comforting thing I want to hear. :|

Ouch, I'm cringing just by reading it.
Hope you feel better, at least it's fixed. After it's mended, you'll be back on the dance floor in no time I bet!
:hug:

Also, I know how you feel about the doctors, when I had to get stitches for my finger due to a dog bite (stupidity on my part), I waited from 7PM and got out at 12AM. It takes forever for you just to get looked at so needless to say, a lot of blood was lost.

Last edited:
Woah really? Well call up my doctor and tell them since they've never seen anything like it :mad: :lol:

Shit. Does this mean its going to happen often? There is no way I could deal with this again. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom