10 year relation almost over??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patske

Refugee
Not really a poster in this forum, but I need to get it off my chest. I am in a deep crisis with my girlfriend (almost 10 year together). She really is experiencing a personal crisis and it affects her feelings for me. Although we don't have arguments and we still get along very good, she isn't sure anymore of her feelings. It's really a difficult period for both of us as she doesn't want to hurt me and I don't want to push her, but I want to show her I really do love her and that I would gladly help her with her issues. But she has built some kind of wall around her and I don't seem t get through.
I am leaving the house today and will stay with a friend for some time so she could have the space to think about it all.
I really appreciate all the support, prayers even (although I am not religious), thoughts etc..
I am not able to reply all the time as my friend don't have internet and I don't find my English good enough (all the time...). But all kind of replies are welcome and will be read.. Thanks..

It sounds like she is the one who needs to sort her feelings out, so the best advice I can offer for you is to be patient and understanding while she deals with things. I know it must be really hard for you, so I wish you all the best.

A separation can provide the time and space to hopefully sort things out. Maybe some counseling might help? I wish you the best of luck and if nothing else, remain friends. Your girlfriend is lucky that you seem to be so supportive of her and her issues. Give yourself lots of credit for that.

Thank you all.. I know she has to sort things out and that I have to give her the space, but it's so difficult, because I know she's struggeling and I want to help..
So I am giving her all the space she needs at the moment..And hope for the best

And whatever happens we will remain friends, I am sure about that..
Thanks again..

Thanks again.. Had a great chat on Monday with my girlfriend.. Not all has been solved (far from it) but at least we layed a foundation on which we can build (hopefully another 50 years..).
Leaving tonight for Pukkelpop Festival. That will do me good.. 3 days of fun and good music, I really need it..

Well we broke up last Sunday.. She came by and I noticed that she hasn't resolved her issues and she really wants to live on her own. I noticed she didn't want/couldn't take the decision, so I made it for her.. and after that we were both relieved (well relieved isn't perhaps the good word) and after that we finally had a great evening and a brilliant Monday(not as awkward as before). I think if we hadn''t made the decision now it would have continued to be awkward and perhaps our friendship would suffer also.. and I really didn't want that. I am getting my crash now.. so i took the day off today, to get it all out of my system.. thanks all for the support.. who knows that we will get together again, I sure hope so.. but I have to let her go now..

Thank you all.. It was a hard decision but I think the right one.. but it hurts.. and who knows what time will bring..

Back
Top Bottom