Winter (no, not the song!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
uk has been blitzed. no work for me.

never missed work in canada because of snow. i'm not complaining, mind you.

^ Yep, here, too :yes:

The city will come to a standstill, it will be great fun.

But it's good for the skiing resorts, especially for these who are situated in lower regions.

I heard UK is getting or will be getting snowstorms or something (!) like North America would get.

and hell I know we (my location) AINT had this bitter cold and days of ice/snow here for years and years and years...............its WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crack:

Originally Posted by achtung_girl
@ Leif:
scared.gif

I made some cookies just for you guys. Now you only need a hot beverage! :sexywink:

4199494831_083218f476.jpg

Just enjoyed one of your cookies with a cup of tea, Ta very much

Here in the south,it does get amazingly cold believe it or not. Last night it got down to 10 degrees and the top of our pool was frozen solid,right now at almost 5 o clock it is 54 degrees,the highest it's been all week.:crack: But I love it,:shrug:

We're supposed to get another 2 or 3 inches of snow tomorrow and then over the weekend the temperature is only going to go up to the 20's, without the windchill.:crack:

Where did you get that sticker? I want one.

Try ebay--I see them on there quite regularly.

Got up at 5:30, watched the forecast on the weather channel, our local TV station, and weather.com that all said it was supposed to snow heavily all day; logged on to the university web site and saw not a mention of snow; e-mailed my boss that I was taking a personal day today; went back to bed and slept until 1:30 p.m. I think I chose wisely--it's still snowing at 6:15 p.m., and it looks like Hoth out there. MrPurrl is out with his new toy, the snow thrower. I'm glad we got it!

We are supposed to have wind chills of 30 below zero or more where I live tonight. Sounds like a good time to make some hot chocolate. Too bad I don't have any marshmallows or whipped cream to put in it.

In my country is snowstorm. I almost died in it when I went from school :| No, I'm just kidding but it was really horrible :sad: I had to go two kilometers in cold wind and falling snow because my bus didn't ride.

Though it was really hard I took some pictures

Obraz001.jpg

Obraz002.jpg

Obraz004.jpg

I'm so happy I don't need to go out in this weather because it's weekend tomorrow :)

We are getting a Vb (5b) weather for the weekend. That means, cold air from the north pressures a low down south to the Mediterranean, that is hitting the warm Sahara south, thus going northeast again, all the while sucking lots and lots of warm Med water up, bypassing the alps and then the snow will fall in Austria, East Germany, Chechya and Poland. Clouds may get up to 7km in height. That kind of weather has been responsible for most of the recent floods we experienced.

You can see how the weather works here: Flash

So far: Nothing.

Daisy sucks. I want my money back :grumpy:

Yesterday we had a few cm of new snow. Today: nothing. It was dry for most of the day and started to rain slightly in the late afternoon. Not one single snowflake. And we've had weather warnings for days now, it's been total hysteria in the media. As always, panicking for nothing. And I got out my winter shoes for today, even though I can hardly walk in them. :down:

Oh yes, the media hype was really something. And the Deutsches Wetterzentrum has become so anxious and careful now, for one region they gave out that warning: "Warning for snow. Light snowfall will occur, with no more than 0.5cm of snow in six hours."
Are you kidding me? That's hardly enough to powder the streets, let alone cause any sort of troubles. Might be a bit slippery, but who hasn't figured that out by now won't do so until he greets a tree or pole.

The media seems to be increasingly building every little non-issue into the next big catastrophe, and then they say, "Oh well, hasn't been as bad as predicted". Most people I read are also assuming some sort of pattern, either to attract readers (especially online so you have high clicking rates and attract advertisers), or simply to deflect from some other issues which would be way more worthy some in-depth reporting. Whatever, I wonder how many more times we will hear them crying wolf until the real wolf finally shows up and everyone has grown tired of it.

The media has also warned enough for Holland as well, but those were pretty accurate. Though the problems are more under control than expected, the whole country has had quite a lot of troubles because of the what we call 'sneeuwjacht' (when there's lots of hard wind and falling snow causing snowdunes and bad sight and whatever). It was pretty bad in a lot of parts. Also warnings of not to go outside when you don't have to. Which was pretty good, seeing as you could hardly drive on the roads because of the wind and bad sight in combination with the snowfall. I knew some people who really had to get home yesterday, but it took them about 3 times longer than normal to get where they wanted to. On the highways there was no one in sight except for them who had to get home ;)

Though unfortunately I had to get out yesterday by foot to do some grocery shopping, which was an adventure by itself. I slipped and fell almost for quite a few times, despite my winterboots and being careful and staying on the main roads. There was few people on the streets.

Back
Top Bottom