White Collar Anguish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At work we used to have store manager meetings every month. But after our "Store Organization Restructuring" we now have Store Leadership Sessions every month. It's amazing how much more gets accomplished now that we've changed the name of it. And since I am no longer called a manager but a Team Leader, I finally feel truly qualified to lead my team. I'd always felt I was merely managing my team before, but now? Now... hoh boy, lookout. Ima gonna lead em.

It's as if a veil has been lifted. Life makes sense for the first time.

Diemen said:
At work we used to have store manager meetings every month. But after our "Store Organization Restructuring" we now have Store Leadership Sessions every month. It's amazing how much more gets accomplished now that we've changed the name of it. And since I am no longer called a manager but a Team Leader, I finally feel truly qualified to lead my team. I'd always felt I was merely managing my team before, but now? Now... hoh boy, lookout. Ima gonna lead em.

It's as if a veil has been lifted. Life makes sense for the first time.

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

TEAM

My assistant and I are speaking to each other with British accents. Just us two. But, I'm pushing HR to have a British accent day in June.

E-mail was down for not one but TWO days this week. TWO DAYS. How am I to get any work done when I can't e-mail people to tell them I'm not going to their meeting? Any work done?

phillyfan26 said:
E-mail was down for not one but TWO days this week. TWO DAYS. How am I to get any work done when I can't e-mail people to tell them I'm not going to their meeting? Any work done?

We once had no phones for 3 and a half days. :crack:

phillyfan26 said:

^

Future Crackberry addict.

Bonochick said:

We once had no phones for 3 and a half days. :crack:

Oh my god. This reminds me of about 4 years ago, when I was the receptionist at my company. Our voicemail system died, and there was no voicemail for A MONTH! I had to take messages for an office of 100 very busy people, and deal with people screaming at me because they couldn't leave a private voicemail message for someone. :crack: The first day or two was the worst. I drank myself into a stupor every night. Horrible, horrible. I eventually told people to stop calling and send an email, which they thankfully did, and things became less hectic. I couldn't get any of my own work done for that month.

The system was so antiquated that it took them forever to figure it out and eventually buy something new. Meanwhile I was constantly stressed and hungover. :happy:

So glad those days are over now!

I normally get to work around 9am. Maybe 9:15am. I don't leave at any particular time as I don't punch a clock. I drift out of here between 5:30 and 10, depending. What's my point? I don't mind working late. What's my other point? I don't like coming in early.

So, what happened today? Well, at my apartment building, they are re-paving our parking lot, so I had to park on the fucking street. The STREET! Danger Danger Danger. and, the spot I found last night, after looking for 15 minutes, was a metered spot, meaning, starting at 8am, the meter needed to be fed. That meant that I was going to have to leave for work at 8. EIGHT! I got to work at like 8:20am and my entire body is thrown for a loop. My brain is like, "wha?" and my body is like "huh?" and everyone around me looks like someone I want to fire, or get fired by their boss, unless I get their boss fired. Come on!

And we're all supposed to go out after work to say "goodbye" to Summer. I'll be asleep in my office, everyone, come wake me if you're still employed here by day's end!

My life is difficult.

We hired a new guy the other day, and his name is Brent Austin. You know, that's all fine and good, but he's suddenly signing all his e-mails, "Brent Austin II." What the fuck? Do I honestly want to know your whole family history? Do you think I give a rat's ass about what your father's name was? I don't know the man. I barely fucking know you. Who gives a shit that you're not the first Brent Austin in your family? And how the fuck am I expected to concentrate when this kind of rage has been lit underneath me? It's a fucking warzone out there.

Is Summer hot? <--- see that? eh?

I took today off because the stress was getting to me. People calling me on the phone, asking me questions, sending me emails about shit. And then they expect me to respond. I have to listen to your bullshit and then come up with a solution to it to? Fuck you. I got me own job to do. It involves numbers. Or some shit. Like 9.

NSW, maybe you should quit your job and finally pursue your life-long dream of becoming a world famous rock star.

Right now my band is trying to get off the ground but we need a bass player. Do you play the bass?

I had to walk from one building to another in sweltering heat and started sweating profusely. Um, hello I went to college so I didn't have to sweat at work like most slobs out there.

Back
Top Bottom