What was the best Christmas gift you received as a young'un?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
Aside from board games, books and anything related to The Snowman I loved my Cricket doll:

user-image-1188008352_thumb.jpg

Commodore 64:

Commodore_64_Box.jpg

and the Lolo ball:

LoLo%20Pogo%20Ball.jpg

a raggedy anne doll, a mel & kim tape, kylie's first record on tape, a wooden noughts and crosses game, a single scoop county cricket bat..

every christmas was awesome.

I've had larger, more expensive gifts--but the one that absolutely stands out the most is the one from Christmas '84. :drool:

scaled.php

Inside the nondescript box above, was this….

scaled.php

I loved that thing! It had an amazingly rich sound, featured shortwave radio, and went everywhere with me in the summer. Sadly, it all ended in one of those summers—perhaps the fifth one. My mom sold it in a flea market while I was visiting friends outside the province…apparently, she assumed I’d stopped using it, because at that point I also had a newer stereo. I was crushed! It was like returning home and finding out that the dog you grew up with had vanished, or was scooped up by a pasty-faced stranger.

Great memories, though. I really got into U2 (and music, in general) thanks to my portable, albeit clunky, friend...

Hanukkah 1983 was the best. My siblings and I got an Atari game system plus a few games. I also got a huge stuffed Snoopy complete with a sweater and hat set. I refused to play with dolls growing but Snoopy was the shit so I had Snoopy everything (I still do :uhoh: ).

a christmas present? aww, there there :hug:

that's what happens when you're naughty kids

:angry: Or when you live in a country where we don't celebrate Christmas with presents.

I got them december 5th, for Sinterklaas. The best gift ever :hmm: Sounds stupid, but a few years ago my grandma gave me a necklace with a wolf, it used to belong to my grandpa, who died of cancer when I was little. And a year later, right before Sinterklaas, my grandma dies of a heart attack. To this day I still wear the necklace, I only take it off while going to sports. I did add a few more things to it tho. It now has the wolf, a bass guitar and the chinese sign for Leo.

Barbie Dream House from my Grandmother. It was expensive and my parents couldn't afford it so she bought it anyway- that was when I still believed in Santa

A cheap Fender Squier electric guitar when I was 13. Probably the turning point in my life that made me give up supporting a football team, bothering with trying to be a footballer and made music my principal passion in life. Now I'm 19 I can link the friends I have, the bands I listen to and the best and key experiences in my life down to recieving that present.

Fender_Squier_Affinity.png

Does anyone remember having streammers for there bike and those little things that you put on the spokes that made noise? I saw the streamers in the pic and it made me remember.

Mine was a Chatty Cathy doll. And the board game "The game of Life". Then later a 10 speed bike.

I took my Chatty Cathy apart to see how she worked.

My favorite was Jane West.

7f39_1.jpg

On ebay. I was tempted.

A couple of classic toys that I received......

ek-toy.jpg

This next one SOOOO kicked ass;

G.I. Joe with Kung Fu grip :hyper:

d_1693.jpg

$6,000,000 man

SIX%20MILLION%20DOLLAR%20MAN%20ROBOT%20LEGS.JPG

stretch.jpg

good times.

Back
Top Bottom