What are your Thanksgiving plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sad:

for the first time ever in my 34 years I will not be spending time with my family. I'm actually devastated now that it's closer to the holiday. I knew it was coming so I've tried not to be upset about it. But I just started a 2nd job at a Target store where I had to spend hours the other day ringing up groceries and cute decorations for the holiday so it really hit me then that I'm missing out on something this year. I currrently live in Arizona while home and the family is Minnesota. My sister, who I live with, will be leaving to go home for Thursday. I think if she were staying here I wouldn't be so upset. But I'll be at work from 2 to 11 pm instead of with my family at my aunt and uncle's house. I work at a resort so getting my hands on Thanksgiving dinner won't be too hard. I've already had my fill of pumpkin and pecan pie this week :reject: :barf: I usually spend the few days prior to Thanksgiving making 5 desserts for the family (pumpkin, pecan, chocolate mousse and apple pies plus a cranberry cheesecake). This year my mom has to do it all and has been whining for at least a month about it. I'll spend the morning talking on the phone with my family and a few friends and then off to work. Being alone away from home during a holiday that I love makes me want to cry.......:(

:hug: If you weren't working, I'd offer to have you down to Sierra Vista with us but.. see above post :lol:

:sad:

for the first time ever in my 34 years I will not be spending time with my family. I'm actually devastated now that it's closer to the holiday. I knew it was coming so I've tried not to be upset about it. But I just started a 2nd job at a Target store where I had to spend hours the other day ringing up groceries and cute decorations for the holiday so it really hit me then that I'm missing out on something this year. I currrently live in Arizona while home and the family is Minnesota. My sister, who I live with, will be leaving to go home for Thursday. I think if she were staying here I wouldn't be so upset. But I'll be at work from 2 to 11 pm instead of with my family at my aunt and uncle's house. I work at a resort so getting my hands on Thanksgiving dinner won't be too hard. I've already had my fill of pumpkin and pecan pie this week :reject: :barf: I usually spend the few days prior to Thanksgiving making 5 desserts for the family (pumpkin, pecan, chocolate mousse and apple pies plus a cranberry cheesecake). This year my mom has to do it all and has been whining for at least a month about it. I'll spend the morning talking on the phone with my family and a few friends and then off to work. Being alone away from home during a holiday that I love makes me want to cry.......:(

:hug::hug:

I'm putting the Chihuahua and a bunch of food and wine in the car, and driving up to Denver tomorrow to spend a few days with my best friend and his boyfriend, and a few other friends. My family is back east, gas is cheap, and I love a road trip. :hyper:

This evening we're doing an ingredients roll call and compiling a list of the odds and ends we still need to get, that we'll be picking up in the morning. Tomorrow afternoon/evening will be home to cleaning up and preparing desserts. Thursday morning is the parade. I'll be spending a couple hours with my dad in the midday hours and then it's time for dinner here at my new place.

I can't wait for turkey. I had a friend's Thanksgiving last Thursday with the girl's from work, so I'm ready for seconds.

I'm going to my sister's tomorrow afternoon and spending Thanksgiving with them. The arrangement is that she and her husband make the dinner, and I bring along some really good wine. :wink:

When talking to her on the phone today, my sister told her kids that "Uncle Adam is coming tomorrow afternoon!" I heard squeals of joy (I hope ;)) in the background. Thank God I've been getting in shape... those two are a handful! :D

I braved the crowds at the grocery store this afternoon and bought a turkey breast and all the usual Thanksgiving fixin's so I'll be cooking and will see if I have company or not. I have to make my own pumpkin pie though because all the frozen pumpkin pies were gone. I'm looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving, and left overs :hyper:

Change of plans for me, instead of my aunt cooking, now my mom is. My aunt broke her ankle.

Going to my husband's grandmother's house to spend the day with his family, who are much more fun than mine. :wink:

Just need to head out to the grocery store to get a couple of ingredient for my dishes. Oh boy I can't wait. :crazy:

My son decided to come over tonite and make corned beef and cabbage pizza as our makeshift "Thanksgiving" since his "family" will be arriving sometime tomorrow from their drive across country and their big move to San Diego. His son will finally be here with him and I will finally get to meet the little guy this weekend sometime! :yippie:

Going to my cousins on my dad's side of the family!!!!! They are so much more fun, than the ones on my mom's side.

:lol::lol: :up:

It's these times when I miss my parents the most. :sad:

oh :sigh: I hear you-- BIG :hug:

It's going to be mine & my sib's First Set of Big Holidays without our mom. :sad:

i don't know about her, but I expect a few water works from me, b/c that's how I get from time to time.

But WE will be with 2 of her longest time friends, and their families ( she got invited over there when our folks topped doing TGD), and then other Aunt's & Uncles stopped a few years alter. Then these same 2 friends started invited me along. I'd also had become friends with them over the decades because we probably attended close to ? 100 concerts together in different combinations of people over several decades! :lol: :rockon:

Wish you all good times...& safe traveling!!!

:hug: dazz. And :hug: Tiny. I miss my grandparents on both sides and my dad this time of year.

I just made 2 pies, an Apple Pear Cranberry crisp and made my green bean casserole and carrot dish. I am going to fall into bed now and set the alarm to have coffee early and watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade.

I'm more gigantic-er than I was this morning...I swear, she's killing me softly with her cookin'!!!! :faint:

I feel like large Marge....

large-marge-animated.gif

I'm more gigantic-er than I was this morning...I swear, she's killing me softly with her cookin'!!!! :faint:

I feel like large Marge....

I know.. I didn't eat any dessert until I ate some leftovers tonight. I feel like I've taken a sleeping pill. (I guess, I don't take them, but this is must be what it feels like.)
Tryptophan - it's potent. "snooze"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

I ate so much yesterday I think I am still trying to digest it from last night! I'm not sure if I want to eat any left overs tonite OR pie!! That tryptophan IS potent!!! :doh:

Back
Top Bottom