Unpopular opinions about colours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Sad Punk

Blue Crack Addict
Here it is, people. Just let it all out. Don't feel ashamed. Also people, please do not start any flame wars in this thread. I know you will all be tempted, such is the nature of the thread. Anyway, get to it!

- Yellow is a very depressing colour to me. So much that if the Eagles changed their guernseys back to the predominately yellow one of the early days, I'd feel even sadder than usual when watching them play.

- Black is a positive colour to me. (OK, and most of the rest of New Zealand.)
- No car should ever be painted white.

i hate yellow, probably because my childhood room was yellow and it just went waaaay overboard on the yellow quota for me. why i didn't paint it is beyond me.

oh wait i'm lazy.

- Black is a positive colour to me. (OK, and most of the rest of New Zealand.)
- No car should ever be painted white.

I agree with both, but especially the second one. My car IS white, and it seems to be a poop target for birds.

I absolutely positively detest orange in all its shades.

- Green and gold/yellow should stop being Australia's colours. Yellow especially. Yellow is too good for Australia. Australia's colours should be grey, beige, and the sickliest pink.

I have no problem with that. I use those colours in a lot of drawings. It conveys, uh, an emotion. Or it's because I couldn't find any other pastel colours. Something like that.

- Color does not have a "u" in it.

auch. americans and their savage spelling practises...

it's time for you to admit you were wrong about the whole revolution thing, and furthermore, come to realise that the rest of the world spells words correctly.

- Red, blue, and white really don't look that good together. Sorry America, France, etc.

really? i think france's flag is quite bold... the red and especially the blue are very solid.

and the union jack on a purely aesthetic level, is quite lovely i think.

we say colour, so kiss our ass.

:D

anyhow

Orange and Yellow are better on tanned or natually dark people.

Black is best on pale skin people.

white is harsh on anyone.

purple is great for those with black or dark red hair or red hair.

Ivory is a more flattering colour. Its soft.

Brown seems to be quite popular but I don't like it. We'll ignore the fact I'm wearing a brown suit today though. I still don't like it - reminds me of March/April when everything is brown and dirty before the spring rains and rebirth. Depressing :down:

i don't really have an opinion on stand alone colors, but i love creating palates and putting colors together. it's interesting to me how for instance, teal looks next to pink, and how different it looks next to a chocolate brown. it's really cool how these sorts of color combinations express different emotions, or generate different reactions.

COLORS.bmp

- Red, blue, and white really don't look that good together. Sorry America, France, etc.

:angry:

I hate brown. My mom always says how brown clothes and shoes suit anything, and as a kid always tried to get me to wear brown stuff. But I've always hated it. I refuse to buy anything brown.

Oh, and I totally combine purple and green. And purple and blue, but that's a good combo anyway.

Black and pink is a very cool color combination.

Yellow and blue, however, is the coolest combination.

Orange is also a good color to wear. In certain towns.

Back
Top Bottom