Twitch Plays Pokemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I should have made this thread two weeks ago, but I'm making it now anyway. I posted this in the Pokemon thread in IO as well.

Basically over the past 16 days there were between 20,000 and 120,000 people playing Pokemon Red at the same time.

Twitch

Last night, they completed the game, beating the Elite Four and the rival, after 16 days. I watched it occasionally. There were some very frustrating times, such as when Red, the titular character, got stuck in the Pokemon Mansion

1896760_10152027534431843_1462734186_n.jpg

They had to wait until all their Pokemon had died from poisoning to get out.

But it also resulted in a lot of great in-jokes. You might have seen the phrase 'Lord Helix' on the internet in the past three weeks. As there were so many people giving inputs at the same time, Red often spent a lot of time consulting items, always resulting in Oak's "Red there's a time and place for everything". They kept consulting the Helix Fossill, and when it was revived into Omanyte the Pokemon became their god, and his son was a highly-evolved Pidgeot, called Bird Jesus.

You can get a bit of an idea of what happened here - https://sites.google.com/site/twitchplayspokemonstatus/

There was a lot of great fan art to come out of it as well, this one being my favourite - all the Pokemon that were accidentally released by the players.

as_we_take_on_the_elite_4_by_zeige737-d78codr.png

They're gonna start playing Pokemon Crystal in about 10 hours.

Here's a few highlights.

A lv36 Venomoth beating a lv62 Dragonite

Twitch Plays Pokemon Highlights - Lvl 36 ATV Beats Lvl 62 Dragonite (Elite 4) - YouTube

The final battle

Twitch Plays Pokemon - Twitch VS Blue (FINAL BATTLE) + Ending - YouTube

Catching Zapdos with the master ball in anarchy mode (anarchy mode meant all inputs were processed, democracy mode meant only the most popular input over 20 seconds was chosen)

Twitch Plays Pokemon - Zapdos Captured under Anarchy (AA-j) - YouTube

:love: All bow down to Lord Helix and All Terrain Venomoth! And poor Flareon. :(

:lol: But seriously, what an enormous clusterfuck that was, lol. It was hilarious to watch at times, but don't watch it for too long cause it'll get annoying.

I had it open on my second screen every day at work, pretty amazing how little of note happened when I was watching. What do they say? A watched pot never boils?

Watched a fair few of the highlights though, ATV beating Dragonite was pretty amazing. And goddamn there were a lot of funny memes, in-jokes, gifs, images and fanart to come out of it though.

Blessed+in+the+Name+of+Helix.+ALL+HAIL+THE+LORD_72488a_5029264.gif

Crystal's not nearly as good. Excited to see what Eevee evolves into though... if I'm not mistaken there's more than three evolutions in Crystal?

Yes there are five, the three stone evutions plus Espeon(Happiness above 220 daytime) and Umbreon(Happiness value above 220 and nighttime).

There actually are 8 now. :crack: 4th gen introduced Glaceon and Leafeon, and the latest gen introduced Sylveon. A fuckin' FAIRY. they really lost me at that.

2mmwyvc.png

h1418A16A

Back
Top Bottom