The Interference Thread Survivor - Preliminary Nostalgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wait - there's a pre-asshole Laz? Laz has been an (rather endearing) asshole since day 1! I need to look up this "earnest Laz" character, never heard of 'im! lol

Laz I always assumed (incorrectly?) that you were the same Laz from old Wire days..in which case, you've remained pretty constant/true to original form...and that's a good thing...I quite like the sarcasm just the way it is. :up:

Yeah that seems like a carry-over from Wire..I think that's where I first got that idea, anyways.

That makes sense. I am definitely the same person from Wire, and if you remember my battles with J (aka Jick) or Modsavage I was def pretty nasty there as well.

Was there a way to be polite to J? Somehow, I can't fathom it.

As for modsavage yeah a character and a half, to be sure.

Then again so was I. I'm not sure how proud of it I am, but I've certainly mellowed out a bit and don't type out pages and pages of stuff anymore (generally). :lol:

I can relate. I had gotten 220 pages into my novel and the momentum ceased as soon as classes resumed. Do I have free time? Of course, but it's so much easier to screw around online.

You're writing a novel too? I'd be interested in that. I'm still working on one I started not long after I joined this place. I work at a snail's pace.

You're writing a novel too? I'd be interested in that. I'm still working on one I started not long after I joined this place. I work at a snail's pace.

Oh, it's a fun read. Tons of pseudo-autobiographical bitching about adolescence and small-town life, with many instances of Tarantino-inspired bullshitting to spice it up. Some anthropological observations about cults and community college find their way in too. There is a storyline, if that isn't evident from my description.

What are you writing about? I ask because hardly anyone uses the writing thread.

Oh, it's a fun read. Tons of pseudo-autobiographical bitching about adolescence and small-town life, with many instances of Tarantino-inspired bullshitting to spice it up. Some anthropological observations about cults and community college find their way in too. There is a storyline, if that isn't evident from my description.

What are you writing about? I ask because hardly anyone uses the writing thread.

That's one of those questions I really don't care for. So generally my answers are pretty vague. One girl asked me recently what it was about after I mentioned that I picked it up for the first time in close to two years, and I told her it's about a town and how the people react when something really bad happens. Then she asked me the genre, and I mentioned somewhere in the vein of thriller, fantasy (although it takes place in the United States, so as fantastic as that can get), and horror. If only there were like 4 more hours a day, I'd probably work on it for 15 minutes.

That's one of those questions I really don't care for. So generally my answers are pretty vague. One girl asked me recently what it was about after I mentioned that I picked it up for the first time in close to two years, and I told her it's about a town and how the people react when something really bad happens. Then she asked me the genre, and I mentioned somewhere in the vein of thriller, fantasy (although it takes place in the United States, so as fantastic as that can get), and horror. If only there were like 4 more hours a day, I'd probably work on it for 15 minutes.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Any time I'm asked what the book is about, I just throw out some interesting things that happen in it. The plot is too complex to describe in a few lines. That's my fault, really. Sometimes I feel I took on too much, but hey, I've got to keep myself entertained while I'm writing too.

I'm kicking around this noir thing about a nightwatchman in Boston who has traumatic dissociative disorder. He gets involved in solving a serial killer case or something. I don't know, I haven't gotten anywhere with it yet.

Sound interesting. I've been spending way too much of my free time lately programming electronic music since I just got FL Studios. It's a lot of fun. But sometimes I miss the old story. But I've actually been working on it quite a bit over the last month. Not actually writing, but mostly editing and changing things that very much needed to be edited or changed before moving forward. Also, there's a writing thread?

And on that note, I need to read that Atlanta, Germany thing sometime!

It's interesting going back through these and seeing how much many of our posting styles have changed, especially those of us who joined as kids (Cobble, LM, Lance, Ass Dan, myself, et cetera). Even more interesting is seeing whose haven't.
Any time I see a post I made more than a year or two ago, I cringe.

dbsquarrel.jpg

Dark horse to this keeper from Peefer:
His Devin Hester thread was outstanding.

"If this was a hoax, people would leave Interference in disgust. Premium memberships and donations would screech to a halt not to mention the fact that Joel's reputation would be trashed beyond repair. Do you really think he would risk it all?"

:sigh:

We were all duped, right on up to the top. I typed out a lovely PM to "The Edge", because I was away during The Fiasco. Pretty embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom