The Frightfully Ghoulish Halloween Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to my first Halloween party in eons. I had a whole list of costumes, but they were so damn expensive, like $40 - $50 for a costume! So I spent nearly $20 to be a French maid. :shifty:

I'm going to my first Halloween party in eons. I had a whole list of costumes, but they were so damn expensive, like $40 - $50 for a costume! So I spent nearly $20 to be a French maid. :shifty:

:up:

We are shopping tonight for my wife's costume.
I should probably check the weather forecast for next weekend if our plan is barhopping. :D

you dont wanna know what I'm spending on my costume :crack:

I watched Lesbian Vampire Killers the other day. It was actually not bad. A bit of a Shaun of the Dead rip off though

I dont wanna say how much, cause it's lame (though not even half as much as the Stormtrooper). But I switched from a Mummy to a Demonic Priest. I ordered one of those foam latex appliances for the mask, got some high quality dentures and contact lenses, and foam latex demon ears. I cant help it. I really love Halloween. I'm thinking about having a party for next year and making the place look like a haunted house. I'm tired of going to parties that aren't spooky enough for my liking

I dont wanna say how much, cause it's lame (though not even half as much as the Stormtrooper). But I switched from a Mummy to a Demonic Priest. I ordered one of those foam latex appliances for the mask, got some high quality dentures and contact lenses, and foam latex demon ears. I cant help it. I really love Halloween. I'm thinking about having a party for next year and making the place look like a haunted house. I'm tired of going to parties that aren't spooky enough for my liking

Holy Shit!

Pics please!

BTW--my shoes were $46, but they are gorgeous--although of dubious future use.
zengara-zappos-flats-z30168.jpg

Hey, no shame in going all out on Halloween, I love it too. I'm thinking about throwing a Masque of the Red Death themed party next year.

Wasn't there a movie a little while back called Zombie Strippers?

Why, just why??

I still don't know what I'm going to be :panic: All of you are putting so much thought into your outfits and I honestly have no clue. I feel like being super lame and picking up some totally cliche sexy something-or-other costume. :shrug:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the 'filmmakers' were going for exploitation schlock, and if that isn't one of the most attention grabbing b-movie titles, I don't know what is.

As for what you should do, just think through favorite movies, TV shows, books from recent years or childhood nostalgia, and talk to friends, that's how I came up with mine, I was actually better at coming up with good ideas for friends than coming up with my own.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the 'filmmakers' were going for exploitation schlock, and if that isn't one of the most attention grabbing b-movie titles, I don't know what is.

As for what you should do, just think through favorite movies, TV shows, books from recent years or childhood nostalgia, and talk to friends, that's how I came up with mine, I was actually better at coming up with good ideas for friends than coming up with my own.
Fair enough :wink:

Yeah, and I'm usually creative, I just can't seem to come up with anything. I'm sure I'll throw something together last minute.

I'm considering being Bono because my hair is currently at Bono early decade length. I'll gel it up or something and look vaguely like him. However, I lack his sunglasses. I'm poor. Where would one find a cheap pair of something looking like his shades?

One of those mall kiosks where all the shades are $15 or 2 for $20.

In a rare burst of "fuck it, I'm doing it"ness, I bought a blonde wig in the hopes that I'd dress as this version of Lady Gaga:

gaga.jpg

I figure a black turtleneck, sunglasses and a crown made out of posterboard should do the trick.

Looking at the wig now, I'm wondering if it's the most ill-advised purchase I've ever made. I might just give it to the cat and let her mate with it.

Back
Top Bottom