Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carek, those Yellowstone pictures are beautiful! :drool:

... Justin, I don't even know what to say about your pictures. That long exposure stuff you said makes me respect you as a photographer even more. :) I don't know if that's common knowledge but I didn't know you could do that.. and even more, your pictures came out wonderful!

I'm gonna move my lazy ass today and finally upload my pictures from my crappy hundred dollar digital camera. Haha. I love this thread. :heart:

Thank you :) yeah for that picture it took 5 min to shoot. Long exposure can varie from 2 to 10 min. Taking a long exposure requires that you set your camera to bulb mode and usually set the f stop to f-11 or in this case I put it at f-16. Then your going to need a tripod and remote trigger and then you have to wait and wait and wait.

A good thing to do is try to find a little bit of a light source which will help expose the photo quicker. Remember though if using a source with more light but you still want to do a long exposure at night I recommend cutting the exposure time to 20 30 seconds that's only if there is plenty of light unlike what I had to use in that photo.

To get multi exposure of a person like the picture I did have the person stand in one spot for a minute then cover the lens with your hand or cloth just as long as the lense is cover and not receiving any light then have the person move to another are that is in frame and repeat as many times :). Remember tripod is a must and a remote shutter wireless or wired.

A camera with the ability to go manual and be able to do bulb mode long exposure should be done at night at a iso (speed) of 400 and f-stop at f-11 or f-16. You only need a little light to start exposing your film because the mirror will lock up to allow light in until you press the wired(less) button again. Any question contact me at justinschlesinger@yahoo.com

Here are a few that I took while in Hawaii last month:

PC190015.jpg

Waddington Beach State Park (south of Kona, Big Island)

PC190034.jpg

PC190043.jpg

Both of these are at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (Big Island)

sunset.jpg

Sunset in Honolulu. Definitely my favourite!

Took the dogs to the park this weekend. I'm use to the trampled down snow in our yard and was not prepared for such deep, untouched snow! Everyone (even humans) got a good workout just getting to the fenced area and back. The snow on that field is no longer "scenic", hehe.

3207223301_f99c4e2147.jpg

3208068586_3b66cd2cfb.jpg

3208064326_a243b743e6.jpg

3208066086_c0ff298bcc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom