Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Desert area near Jaisalmer, India:

093_Desert.jpg

The pool and the lake in Ranakpur, India:

248_Ranakpur.jpg

The Nut and Stanley, Tasmania:

stanley.jpg

The Bay of Fires, Tasmania:

sthelens.jpg

amazing pics!! :drool:

Here's just outside my house in sweden:
vren2007181.jpg

vren2007175.jpg

Sweden:
IMG_0848.jpg

Sweden:
IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

Northern Italy:
IMG_1142.jpg

Scotland:
IMG_1740.jpg

Outside of France:
IMG_1780.jpg

Cambridge, England:
IMG_1767.jpg

my camera is not that very good though.

achtung_girl said:
Nice, south of France

Not the best pic, but I like it cause it so blue :wink:

:heart: We were there in June.

Nice :drool:
France :drool:

So many gorgeous photos here. I don't have many on this computer, these are the best I could find.

Grenoble, France.

688907106a1690058002b558592174l.jpg

Grenoble at night:

351550061a1509101627b193243181l.jpg

View from beside my Ma and Da's house (Belfast lough):

Picture545.jpg

GibsonGirl said:

cape01.jpg

The beach off Melkbosstrand, Cape Town, South Africa

Wow! That's such a beautiful picture. So inviting...I'd like to stroll right in. I loved your local pics, as well...I don't think I've ever been to those places. It's pretty easy to miss summer on a day like today...hope you're surviving the snow!

Justin24 said:

Very cool.

A few more from Newfoundland. West Coast, specifically, where I was born. I must have a thing for water/waterfalls/places next to water.

29212945nw0.jpg

steadybrook1id8.jpg

grosmorne1du0.jpg

littlerockguyoe9.jpg

steadybrook2pc3.jpg

15281141iz1.jpg

The street across from my family's house. The railway used to take the very same path before the government ceased operations and ripped up the tracks. As kids, we had great fun flattening coins under the weight of the trains, and waving to the conductors (conductors who probably had no knowledge of our coin-flattening ways).

grosmorne4jz3.jpg

angelordevil said:

:ohmy: Wow, this is such an amazing picture, especially if you focus just on the tree line.

I'm left speechless with so many wonderful pictures, and they are so often looking so professional. I wish I had the money for a D-SLR and for travelling.

Wine Glass Bay:

Tesselated Pavement:

Kangaroo Island:

Unfortunately, there have been devastating bushfires recently. :(

A couple of the San Francisco skyline:

I accidentally deleted the original to this one a while ago :mad:
web.jpg

This one I still have the original for, though :D
web.jpg

Last edited:
Diemen said:
web.jpg

I love the border...would make a great postcard. :up:

Vincent Vega said:

:ohmy: Wow, this is such an amazing picture, especially if you focus just on the tree line.

Thanks! I actually shot that with a 2.0 megapixel camera during a trip to Gros Morne National Park with a group of American tourists. It's so interesting to see scenery through others' eyes. As a local, it intensifies the appreciation when you hear great things from visitors.

Vincent Vega said:

Kangaroo Island:

Kangaroo Island. :love: One of my life goals is to see a kangaroo in person. I'd probably get my ass kicked for getting too close...it would be a pregnant mother, or something.

This was actually taken with a 7.1 megapixel camera, but it's blurry as hell! Funny how that works. I kayaked across a lake last summer by myself to my aunt's cabin...which my family hated me for. I think they thought I'd drown. Anyway, it was such a perfect night, but the picture doesn't really show it:

43917430ap0.jpg

After I had my fire going, a tiny toad swam up the shore, parked himself in front of me, and kept staring me in the eyes for about an hour. For a while, I thought it could've been a reincarnated dead relative! It felt like he was really trying to tell me something.

I scrambled for my camera, and he/she darted into the brush...but I caught it:

90315479aq8.jpg

I'm actually really proud of that picture...overly so. :wink: Toads are fairly rare here.

Diemen said:

web.jpg

This one I still have the original for, though :D
web.jpg

Awesome Diemen what settings did shoot this at?

Don't remember. I took those pics almost 2 years ago.

1st one was probably something like 1/30th @ f/8, second maybe 1/2 to 1sec @ f/8, both with a polarizer on. And using a tripod, of course.

Last edited:
angelordevil said:

Kangaroo Island. :love: One of my life goals is to see a kangaroo in person. I'd probably get my ass kicked for getting too close...it would be a pregnant mother, or something.

You have to go to a wildlife park. There you can feed them and touch them without any risk of getting punched.
I've got a video of a mother where the little one peeked out the pouch. :)

It's rare that you see toads here, either. I've once seen a rabbit near Alexanderplatz right in the center of Berlin:

Aw, that looks like the rabbits we have in our yard! Dozens of them...you can have them! They drive my dogs nuts.

Diemen said:
Don't remember. I took those pics almost 2 years ago.

1st one was probably something like 1/30th @ f/8, second maybe 1/2 to 1sec @ f/8, both with a polarizer on. And using a tripod, of course.

Well I think they are beautiful shots! Great work.

angelordevil said:
...couldn't fit them all on the first post.

grosmorne3sq0.jpg

Great shot. :drool: The west coast is gorgeous. I've only been there once, and only in winter! :(

I love this thread so much. You all take great pictures! Aren't we lucky to have such a beautiful planet??

These are all from Iceland, the most amazing place I've ever visited.

lkpudotko.jpg

islanti164.jpg

islanti139.jpg

islanti113.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom