Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this is Scenic LOL with the sky in the background. It was a Rainy day the night before and in the early morning, but it became sunny in the afternoon for the Zoostation U2 Coverband show and after taking this it reminded me of the Under A Blood Red Sky Cover, except not red.

IMG_9455.jpg

Keep the colorful season changing pics coming because we don't experience that here in San Diego. I love the change of seasons. Last fall I was in Ireland and Great Britain and the scenery, especially in the Scottish Highlands were just gorgeous and so colorful.

I was trying Macro and Super Macro today but all turned out too dark and not that detailed. Have to keep practicing if weather allows to.
Will put some pictures of trees in Fall color together. It's amazing how the do look like at the moment. And they turned so suddenly you first didn't recognize it. Then one day I went out and was thinking: "Wow, they have all been green just a day ago."

super macro :drool:! my old canon had a super macro modus and now the new
canon does not have it. :angry:

Awsome pics everyone! Simply beautiful!

Went to this place called Pink Lake last week...the sould call it Green Lake instead! :lol:

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

^Could you leave the flag white? But great work!

It has rained and now the leaves are dropping. :(

Some more from today. It has rained yesterday and today and the leaves are dropping pretty quickly:

Great photos everyone!

Liesje, your photos are always so breathtakingly amazing. :up:

Leif, I LOVE the Indian Summer pictures, I totally love a beautiful autumn.

Anna, NICE, I love the "northern" feeling of your pictures. What camera do you use?

^Canon A720 IS. I bought it in May and I'm still content with it! I'm not very good with all that technical stuff, but the Canon A series are all very easy to handle. The cost/performance ratio is also ok.

^ Oh yes, that's a great camera, I actually thought about buying it because I'm currently looking for a new camera. It has a great zoom and the picture quality is very good. The only thing I didn't like so much was the size and weight of the camera. Price is okay.

^Canon A720 IS. I bought it in May and I'm still content with it! I'm not very good with all that technical stuff, but the Canon A series are all very easy to handle. The cost/performance ratio is also ok.

It has no macro? I have an A460 which is a 2-3 year old model and the cheapest ($99) and it has a super macro setting.

It has no macro? I have an A460 which is a 2-3 year old model and the cheapest ($99) and it has a super macro setting.

Sure the 720IS has a macro modus, but not a super macro. Actually I had the 460 before and I really thought the new one will have it too. Not that it does not make good pictures, I was just used to the super macro setting :wink:

^ Oh yes, that's a great camera, I actually thought about buying it because I'm currently looking for a new camera. It has a great zoom and the picture quality is very good. The only thing I didn't like so much was the size and weight of the camera. Price is okay.

Do you think it's too heavy and big?
I must say I really like the size of the camera. It's not too big to carry it with you all the time. Especially when you're using the zoom (or macros), which I find hard (I'm just too shaky :wink:), I think it's easier to handle.
Look: me trying to catch a seal with full zoom. I was happy about the balustrade LOL
IMG_0635.jpg

Yeah, I'm actually thinking about getting a Canon PS. It's a little heavier than common digicams and also a bit more expensive, but I guess it's worth the money. However, I have read mixed reviews about the newer models, so I'm not sure yet. :hmm:

Yeah, it's definitely not a pocket camera. But compared to a SLR it's still very handy and takes nice pictures, which is very useful if you can't carry a big camera around.
A friend of mine strongly recommended the S5 IS to me. He sold cameras in a store in his home town of Kyoto. The nice thing was, though he himself has a SLR he was no biased towards them. That's one thing I experienced when asking others about their opinion who are SLR users. They always complained about the camera not being a SLR etc., thus not telling me anything new and most especially not giving me any useful tips. I don't need to hear that a SLR camera is better than a compact camera when I'm simply not going to get one because it's out of my budget line.
The S5 still is pretty expensive in Europe, and I was very lucky to find it that cheap here.

Yeah, it's definitely not a pocket camera. But compared to a SLR it's still very handy and takes nice pictures, which is very useful if you can't carry a big camera around.
A friend of mine strongly recommended the S5 IS to me. He sold cameras in a store in his home town of Kyoto. The nice thing was, though he himself has a SLR he was no biased towards them. That's one thing I experienced when asking others about their opinion who are SLR users. They always complained about the camera not being a SLR etc., thus not telling me anything new and most especially not giving me any useful tips. I don't need to hear that a SLR camera is better than a compact camera when I'm simply not going to get one because it's out of my budget line.
The S5 still is pretty expensive in Europe, and I was very lucky to find it that cheap here.

I would definitely go with the S5 for anyone who wants a good point-and-shoot but won't jump to an SLR. I am using an SLR now but it's a borrowed camera with two good lenses (one I really like). I can't afford it either. The body yes, but the lenses....not at this time!

The main difference I notice in my SLR pics vs. my other ones is that the lens I use on the SLR gives much sharper images, the DOF is better (with my non-SLR the background tends to blur in with the object in focus, with the SLR it is very clear which object is being photographed), the SLRs are much faster (I can take more shots in a row AND the autofocus is MUCH faster and accurate), and you can use much higher ISOs without the noise that you get with a non-SLR. Many non-SLRs advertise high ISOs but the pictures at that setting often come out worthless or need to be shot in raw so a fancy algorithm can try to remove the noise.

Sounds evident!
At the moment I can't afford a better camera than the one I currently have. But when I bought it, I knew that I'll buy a SLR when I'm not studying anymore. That would be just a waste of money if I had bought it now, cause I really don't have time to use it accurate.

Yes, once I'm a rich bastard I will get a SLR as well. The thing with SLR is, you might get a body cheap, but then you need lenses and these are expensive.

Yes, I want a SLR as well, but cannot really afford it at the moment. I had a SLR (analogue model) and it broke, it made great pictures. Even my analogue compact camera made better pictures than most digital compact cameras, people were always surprised by the quality of the pictures I took with it. My father's girlfriend has a simple digital camera and she says it makes good pictures, but I was soooo disappointed the first time I used it. It's always what you expect and what you're used to.

Yes, analog cameras are often very good quality-wise.
The greatest advantages of digitals is that you see if the picture turned out well instantly, don't have to carry films with you and don't have to worry that some won't make it in processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom