Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lies, GREAT pics! love the feel of the black and whites, and great colors on the rest!
what is your flickr sn, i want to add you as a contact ;]

Great pics everyone. :D

2548825470_28fe4fd62a.jpg

:)

Wow. Love the waterfall and rainbow. :love:

Stream flowing into the pond
2627907865_b87ac537e1.jpg

Purple is my least favorite color but I saw this lily, stopped as I walked past, and went back to it. I love the contrast and thankfully I got the focus right! I was not sure how to crop it, b/c I wanted the focus to be on those thingies in the middle. I think it looks a little better cropped closer, even though the edges of the petals and that long thing are off the edge.
2611387968_74ddc216f2.jpg

Water drops, my favorite
2607914434_173e5d8e29.jpg

Right now, I want to be this rock!
2607084905_a36421e712.jpg

^ Wow what an awesome camera. I have a panasonic FX30 but its nothing like your camera. I love the waterdrops and the waterfall. The colour on that purple flower is amazing.

I was in Cornwall, UK recently. I went back to this place called Bedruthan steps ( theres a photo earlier in this thread from there last year). The weather was alot nicer this time and we went at the right time so the tide was out enough for us to go on the beach. Heres some pics. :)

Steps down the beach, they were hell to go back up. :lol: BUt it was worth the walk up and down.

P1000344.jpg

P1000305.jpg

P1000306.jpg

The water had made a tunnel through some of the cliff. We walked through it, this was the light at then end.

P1000302.jpg

This was what was the other side of that tunnel.

P1000301.jpg

Mussels on the rocks.

P1000313.jpg

P1000334.jpg

P1000360.jpg

I took a mini road trip yesterday to the Mount Baker Scenic Highway. It's in the North Cascades, sometimes referred to as the "American Alps." It's all so gorgeous - I love the Pacific Northwest!

Nooksack Falls:

2652733465_afd6fe38a3.jpg

The road leading up to the tippy-top of the highway, which is a ski area and scenic hiking area:

2652746547_524bfc20d2.jpg

2653576814_4ca9ec1472.jpg

Mount Baker itself:

2652746597_c93ea7137d.jpg

I was so happy to have a digital camera for this trip - last time I took a mini road trip into the mountains, I just had my cell phone camera.

More gorgeous pictures! As for the Cornwall shots, I can well imagine King Arthur being born there.

This place is linked with the legend of King Arthur. http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server.php?show=nav.15393 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintagel_Castle My mum and her siblings went and they loved it. I've always wanted to go see it but its quite a way from where i stay. One day.

This is so cool!! :love:

Thanks i love that mussel shot. :)

Great pictures, looks like you guys had a fantastic time!

That's an awfully steep stair case! :ohmy:

I love the way the rocks look in this one! :drool:

Great shot of the moss on the cliffs, so pretty!

Oh, do you have a bigger version of this?? I'd love to see it.

The staircase nearly killed me going back up. :lmao: I only have little legs so i really struggled. :lol:

The place with the rocks was like a little private beach as you had to get to climb through the tunnel in the cliff to get to it. :love:

Yeah i have a bigger version. Will PM it to you. :kiss:

Mrs Springsteen, thats a great pic. Its a good job you had the cellphone with you. :hug:

Love the Mt Baker pics. :D

This place is linked with the legend of King Arthur. Tintagel Castle : Cornwall : South West : Find a property by map : Properties : Days Out & Events : English Heritage and Tintagel Castle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia My mum and her siblings went and they loved it. I've always wanted to go see it but its quite a way from where i stay. One day.
:D

Thanks for the links, Jem--good reading and pictures. I hope to get there one of these days--but Ireland will come first.

Right now, I want to be this rock!
2607084905_a36421e712.jpg

Lies, your pics are gorgeous....you've got a great eye for color and light, keep up the good work and keep posting!! I LOVE this one of the rock.....I'd love to be a Creative Writing instructor and have my class write an essay on "being" this rock! Wouldn't that be cool to write about? :hmm:

^sorry I need to resize!

It was so hot and dry there but there were those water sprayers...that's so awesome!
IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

Italien2008040.jpg

Thanks for the links, Jem--good reading and pictures. I hope to get there one of these days--but Ireland will come first.

No problems. The castle is in ruins now but still looks interesting. Ireland. :drool::up: You will love it and you want to go back again and again. :)

Love your pics achtung_girl. Looks like a beautiful garden. :up: My friend was in south of france last week and drove through Eze, wonder if she went there?

Great pics, everyone!

A few of mine from some recent hiking adventures on Signal Hill, Newfoundland, Canada...

img2064ub3.jpg

img1594ix5.jpg

img2033te6.jpg

img1589wp6.jpg

Seagull babies.

img1579cg1.jpg

Seagull mama, complete with protective death glare.

img1578dl6.jpg

Me & my doggie, Coco.

img1591hm6.jpg

"Why don't we get more sunshine, whyyyyy??"

img1606ha8.jpg

...sunshine!

img2041xk9.jpg

img2023gm0.jpg

The pastiest legs in North America!

img2021vu1.jpg

I couldn't resist.

img2042gp7.jpg

Great pictures! It looks really cold; was it?

Thanks! It was freezing when I took some of them...the greyed-out, foggy ones. That was about three weeks ago...then it suddenly got spectacularly nice & warm, and it hasn't really let up since. I'm off tomorrow...maybe I'll take some new pics. I could document the growth of those seagull babies. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom