Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cemeteries can qualify as scenic places, can't they? Sad occasion, but I can't think of a more beautiful place to spend the rest of time. In rural mid-Virginia, a funeral at a country church often includes following the hearse up the hill behind the church to the resting place.

HowardsFuneral122005-2Sm.jpg

HebronArch122005.jpg

HebronCemetery102106.jpg

HebronTree102106.jpg

(edited to resize first picture)

Last edited:
I agree with you about cemetary pics, MsPurrl. There's something so unspeaking and mysterious about them, especially the older ones. I have a number of relatives buried in VA cemetaries.

I like the shot above through the brick opening showing a bit of snow on the cemetary grounds in the background :up:

Thanks! I like it too. It's just some dry grass w/ my $99 camera but it takes some nice macros (I think, for $99).

^Beautiful! I wish flowers were out over here!

I when hiking this afternoon. Come across this...

2e344e9f.jpg

0825a26c.jpg

I was way more beautiful in real life!

Last edited:
iloveedge said:
^Beautiful! I wish flowers were out over here!

I when hiking this afternoon. Come across this...

2e344e9f.jpg

0825a26c.jpg

I was way more beautiful in real life!

Those are really beautiful--where are you located?

The iris picture was from last spring. ;) Right now, only the shoots are up, about 6 inches. In a few weeks, there will be flowers.

I love those pics. Looking at them I can almost hear the sound of the water rushing and gurgling, bubbling over the rocks. Looks like nice clean cold fresh water!

At the end of May, I'm supposed to visit some falls. I'll make sure to post some pics!

I'm planning on buying a nice camera when I'm in the US, one of those nice compact SLR's which do good quality pictures but aren't as expensive.
But man is that difficult to find out what to look for, what to prefer etc.
At the moment I have two cameras on my watch list, the Sony Cybershot DSC-H9 and the Canon PowerShot Pro Series S5 IS. Any tips if they are useful at all? What I read on Amazon wasn't too bad, though one disappointment with the Sony was that the battery doesn't last too long.

helgetasmanien248djq.jpg

Vincent Vega said:
I'm planning on buying a nice camera when I'm in the US, one of those nice compact SLR's which do good quality pictures but aren't as expensive.
But man is that difficult to find out what to look for, what to prefer etc.
At the moment I have two cameras on my watch list, the Sony Cybershot DSC-H9 and the Canon PowerShot Pro Series S5 IS. Any tips if they are useful at all? What I read on Amazon wasn't too bad, though one disappointment with the Sony was that the battery doesn't last too long.

helgetasmanien248djq.jpg

:love: Waterfalls. :drool:

David love your pics too. :love: What i wouldn't give to be somewhere sunny now with palm trees. :drool:

I was eating cornflakes on the prom a few weeks ago, (as you do :lol: ) so thought Id take a pic.

DSC00071.jpg

And a tree that was infront of me when I ate my lunch once. Its not exactly scenic, but I love cherry trees.

DSC00062.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom