Post your scenic photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carek1230 said:
Sounds gorgeous, never heard of it though. How big is it?

It was small when I bought my house 10 years ago, it's grown alot but still is not a really big tree... I'm sure I've taken photos of it over the years, I'll look around and see if I have any to post. If you google image "liquidambar" you can see examples.

This is NOT my tree, just a googled example but this is just how my tree looked 10 years ago, it's alot bigger now!

liquidambar.jpg

Last edited:
That's a really pretty tree. It doesn't drop prickly balls does it? My Mom up in the Bay Area has City planted trees on her street that looks kind of like this liquidamber but they drop prickly balls and the roots push up the sidewalks and pavement.

Yes it does drop prickly balls :lol: But they have never bothered me and they aren't really super prickly. I don't think it's big enough to have any root problems yet, but it's out in a yard.

Justin24 said:
IMG_4829-1.jpg

Taken at Moss Beach, CA. The original was very dark and I was a bit disappointed. So I lightened up the image and saw these millions of Stars and if you look closely to the top left you can see what looks like another Galaxy?

Justin, this is spectacular!!

iloveedge said:
Question for you photographers out there...I'm going to buy my camera in a couple of days but I'm still not sure about which kind I should buy. Canon, Nikon, Samsung? :)

Agree with Justin - Canon! Can't really go wrong with either Canon or Nikon, but lens selection can't be beat on the Canon side. :wink:

I'm guessing iloveedge was going for the digicam market and not dSLR. In that case, it really depends on your budget, as Canon & Nikon don't dominate there nearly as much as in the dSLR market.

love all the latest pics everyone.

iloveedge - i've had 2 canon digitals, was happy with both, though they were never amazing models, i had quite basic models. Never had a nikon or samsung so can't compare. I now have a Panasonic DMC FX30 which i love. :drool:

Heres a random pic i found while uploading pics to facebook. Can't remember if i have posted it here. Its a cell phone pic so sorry about the quality. Its Lake Ullswater in The Lake District, England. Such a pretty place. :drool:

SP_A0274-1.jpg

^That is a gorgeous shot, from a cell phone no doubt! Excellent :up: I was in the Lake District in England in October! It is very beautiful there, and we were blessed with the most gorgeous weather during our trip which made for some really nice pictures.

Thanks for all of your help guys. I bought a Canon powershot SX100 IS. My mum wouldn't let me buy a bigger one, but it works just fine for me! :)

I have spent over an hour and a half going through each and every post in this thread and I'm awestruck at all your lovely pictures.

I would like to ask everyone's permission to use your pictures as wallpaper for my computer. They are so breathtaking (especially the sunsets) and having them in front of me would have a very calming affect on me.

Well done everyone!

AchtungBono said:
I have spent over an hour and a half going through each and every post in this thread and I'm awestruck at all your lovely pictures.

I would like to ask everyone's permission to use your pictures as wallpaper for my computer. They are so breathtaking (especially the sunsets) and having them in front of me would have a very calming affect on me.

Well done everyone!

Of Course :)

AchtungBono said:

Well done everyone!

No problem.

I'm loving all of your pictures and here is my modest contribution.

In honour of Israel's 60th anniversary next month, I'm very pleased to take you on this 4:08 minute tour of Israel from Galilee in the north all the way down to Eilat in the south.

This isn't mine - I just found it on Youtube.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HCTtj0C6mA

......and just for the fun of it......lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWO9liJvDyU

Am Yisrael Chai!

Carek1230 said:
^That is a gorgeous shot, from a cell phone no doubt! Excellent :up: I was in the Lake District in England in October! It is very beautiful there, and we were blessed with the most gorgeous weather during our trip which made for some really nice pictures.

Thanks. :)

You have any of your pics on your computer from the lakes? Would be interested to see some :)

AchtungBono, you and anyone else is free to use my pics if you want. :hug:

Found some pics from my Alaskan trip a couple of years ago. I'm going again in June and hope to take the same day trips:

Pod of Orcas
Orca_pod.jpg

En route to a glacier
Img_1691.jpg

Always love the blue hue of glaciers. Here's one that was calving...
Img_1725.jpg

I always love to see everyones Yosemite photos, it is so beautiful there. I took this one of my kids back in 2002.

YosemiteChelsMil6-2002.jpg

iloveedge said:

Wow. Beautiful. :love:

ADecentMelody said:
Found some pics from my Alaskan trip a couple of years ago. I'm going again in June and hope to take the same day trips:

Pod of Orcas
Orca_pod.jpg

En route to a glacier
Img_1691.jpg

Always love the blue hue of glaciers. Here's one that was calving...
Img_1725.jpg

Orcas. :love:

Love the blueness of the glaciers. Amazing. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom