Post pictures/discuss your gardens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFly2U

The Fly
Now that spring is here, I am getting anxious for my gardens to get going. Crocuses are up, but everything still seems a long way from full bloom.

So, I am opening this thread for all of us gardeners to show our past glorious blooms. Preferably post pictures from your own garden, but not mandatory. :wink:
Here are a few of mine to get us started:

img2326.jpg

img3364.jpg

img3343x.jpg

The garden looked really nice when the previous owners were here. Now it needs some work.

Well Ive only got a yard, and what flowers there were got eaten by the rabbit and guinea pig. :lol: Its not exactly picturesque.

You have a very scenic house and garden there TF2U. :)

Mine is growing, but looks bad right now, because it is covered in a thick layer of pollen and there has been an invasion of some ugly ass weeds. :angry: I went to war with them this morning. I think all my spring flowers will die tomorrow night because of some Arctic shit that is moving down south. :angry:

Here is a photo of my beautiful azalea:
258527060613.jpg

I live in the middle of the desert.

The dirt in my backyard is about as soft as concrete.

I have some nice purple weeds wildflowers out front, though.

Mine is growing, but looks bad right now, because it is covered in a thick layer of pollen and there has been an invasion of some ugly ass weeds. :angry: I went to war with them this morning. I think all my spring flowers will die tomorrow night because of some Arctic shit that is moving down south. :angry:

Here is a photo of my beautiful azalea:
258527060613.jpg

thats gorgeous, my azaleas never survive

Our garden looks a complete joke at the moment since we never bother going in it and, after all the rain we've had, it's about 4 months overgrown :lol: But I'm having a garden party next week and tend to rectify this... pictures as the work begins :up:

Yeah here's mine. :lol: My half dead bamboo plant is growing some fine weeds :up:

patioplants.jpg

Here is a picture of the garden last year - it's from the estate agents website:

garden.jpg

With some garden furniture and a few plants dotted around the yard it could easily look quite pleasant.

aww. have they got names Jets?

dude used to live across the way from me, he was HOT like, but he had cute gnomes outside his front. doesnt matter if they are worse for wear, shows how long you've had 'em and how they never chose to run away and stuck-out for all weather.

LOL!

:wave::up::wink:

We actually do have a vegetable garden :wink: but they're really not all that photogenic.

It's a bit too early yet to have much to photograph around here. In another month the lilacs, crabapples, dogwoods and native wildflowers will bloom, and then there'll be something worth photographing. There's a private botanical garden a little ways away from us that we joined partly because their large collections of lilacs and crabapples look and smell so amazing when they all explode into bloom at once in May. Unfortunately, the erratic weather much of the Midwest has had lately means the crocuses, daffodils and early tulips that might otherwise be blooming right about now largely got killed off, though there are a few bedraggled-looking daffodils around, just not in my yard. The only thing that's bloomed in our yard so far was our witch hazel, which blooms in late February usually, so that's long over now.

i found a gnome in the hedge a few months ago. i'll post pictures one day. we bought a 1/4 acre of an apparently fantastic garden. my sister rues this ALL the time. she doesn't get how someone like ME ended up with this supposedly superb yard. she raves about the soil, the condition of the plants, the natives, everything. i just like green things. if it grows, i love it. i saved a pine my neighbour was starting on with the chainsaw on the weekend. we need a home for it.

which reminds me, anyone want 3 very, very tall palm trees? they're about 20 metres.

sicy, your plants may be potbound. maybe transplant them to some larger pots and invest in a good tub and terracotta mix. they're worth saving!

Desert Rose. (last time it bloomed) It's getting ready to bloom again right now but my cat likes to rub on the branches and he's causing it stress. :angry:

desertrose10-08.jpg

I'm afraid to transplant them because every time I do they die. :depressed:

Ah well, if they're happy, there's no point :) Sometimes I wish I had a nice little patio or balcony garden, instead of the giant mess I have now :lol: I'll get the camera out soon and copy and upload. I've got so many threads to picspam.

:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom